Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

So if Kus didn't go he loses out and gets penalised and no doubt the promoters would get a fine if they refused to allow him to go even though the BSPA don't acknowledge what he's racing in. 

The promoters wouldn't get a fine, the Czechs have no power over UK promoters but Kus might get a fine from his own country, or even a suspension. Redcar should have known all this, Kus frequently missed meetings when he was there before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedway4ever said:

A bit crap now if other Czech riders want to come to Britain or teams look to other Czech riders as that's knackered for them isn't it which I feel is unfair.

Are you saying it is unfair for Czech riders to prioritise their own league and that their first allegiance should be to a foreign league, in this case the British?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, erimus11 said:

Just gets better and better.

Ain't too impressed with Duffill's explanation either ( taken from Club website)

“Matej Kus is required to race tonight in his home country, the Czech Republic. He has to be there or his federation will suspend his license, making it impossible for him to race here today. The BSPA will not recognise this meeting like they do in Denmark, Poland or Sweden, where we WOULD have got a facility. So he is penalised due to his nationality. We are forced to use a National League guest even though Matej is riding in his home country. I completely fail to understand how this is in the best interests of the sport and it is the paying public that suffer in the end. What a ridiculous situation!”

It may well be a ridiculous situation but surely the management knew this before the season started!

Right about one thing though - it's the paying public that suffer...yet again

Damage limitation yet again :(

I believe this rule regarding Czech riders has been in place for several years and also effects  1 or 2 other eastern European countries, no idea why there couldn't have been an agreement , it's just a shambles that any team that has this circumstance will have to suffer the consequences by being forced to bring in a N.L rider thus robbing the fans by weakening there team and making them less competitive . Surely it's about time the BSPA /SCB recognised this problem instead of sweeping it under the carpet . They should be trying to increase crowd levels in the  U/K not driving fans away.  I think the problem on reflection may have something to do with Czech's and a few others are not members of the  ACU which is our governing body, so any change of ruling  must be put before them.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KevH said:

Are you saying it is unfair for Czech riders to prioritise their own league and that their first allegiance should be to a foreign league, in this case the British?

It's unfair for everyone involved a rider will be penalised if they don't  do what their federation says and it's rules to suit from the Governing body here who they choose to acknowledge team wise when they can for some but not others. Like I said rules to suit with those here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

It's unfair for everyone involved a rider will be penalised if they don't  do what their federation says and it's rules to suit from the Governing body here who they choose to acknowledge team wise when they can for some but not others. Like I said rules to suit with those here. 

Yes but he rode for Redcar for years, he has always had these problems, what with this and his very erratic form, they might select their riders more wisely in future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I think the problem on reflection may have something to do with Czech's and a few others are not members of the  ACU which is our governing body, so any change of ruling  must be put before them.

Not sure what you mean here? The ACU (as you say) are our governing body, so how can the Czech's (for example) become members?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KevH said:

Not sure what you mean here? The ACU (as you say) are our governing body, so how can the Czech's (for example) become members?

I believe they have a different federation and are not in agreement for some reason or other with U/k  taking priority over riders from  the Czech republic for domestic fixtures. That is only part of it as I still don't understand why U/K can't allow guests to cover,  unless its the ACU that will not accept it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I believe they have a different federation and are not in agreement for some reason or other with U/k  taking priority over riders from  the Czech republic for domestic fixtures. That is only part of it as I still don't understand why U/K can't allow guests to cover,  unless its the ACU that will not accept it

Yes, every nation has their own federation, which sets the rules and regulations for their respective countries. Naturally, each federation sets it's own nation as their priority and will tailor things to suit themselves. The decision not to allow facilities in the UK for riders riding in the Czech Republic will not, and can not be determined by the Czech authorities......it will be a ruling set by one or more of the UK governing bodies, which are the BSPA, the SCB, the ACU, or ultimately the RAC.

Edited by KevH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I believe they have a different federation and are not in agreement for some reason or other with U/k  taking priority over riders from  the Czech republic for domestic fixtures. That is only part of it as I still don't understand why U/K can't allow guests to cover,  unless its the ACU that will not accept it

The foreign federations hold the registrations of that countries riders, and in order to sign a foreign rider, their federation needs to issue a "permission to ride". They can dictate terms, but there are official agreements with the DMU, Svemo, AMA(Danish, Sweden and the USA) in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×