British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Barker our best rider by a country mile to get rid of him would be madness

This the same rider who from his five home meetings this season has won five races in total?

24 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Where were his bikes?

Panthers asset now i believe 

Sponsors took back last seasons equipment ....which explains alot about his form, a fact Rye House were clearly aware of...

Edited by RedcarRacer

4 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Sponsors took back last seasons equipment ....which explains alot about his form, a fact Rye House were clearly aware of...

Good point but the question is still the same (where do you think you can find someone to replace him with)

Most Redcar fans would have no issues with Kus being replaced I think - he wasn't a popular (re) signing and has been extremely inconsistent and many have lost patience with him.

RedcarRacer is one of the few who wants Barker replacing - for all his issues (Barkers not RR's) I think most Redcar fans think he should be kept (injury permitting)

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Good point but the question is still the same (where do you think you can find someone to replace him with)

That is the issue, and I think the promotion will stay loyal because they are very good people, and I guess there is little harm as the season is already over in terms of what we can do.

Just now, Yearbyred said:

Most Redcar fans would have no issues with Kus being replaced I think - he wasn't a popular (re) signing and has been extremely inconsistent and many have lost patience with him.

RedcarRacer is one of the few who wants Barker replacing - for all his issues (Barkers not RR's) I think most Redcar fans think he should be kept (injury permitting)

And it is not a personal thing we either...Kus is what he is most of us knew what was coming.

Barker has let himself down, five wins at home from five meetings is truly awful, but as I have said I think our promotion will stay loyal and I don't have a problem with that given the season is over as a contest for us.

Who writes the Bears match reports on social media? The one for this match has both teams scorers wrong and even claims "the KO cup dream is over." Must've been some dream.

Edited by foamfence
  • Haha 1

Barkers form seems to of picked up recently though?

do agree tho, he should have at least two decent bikes of his own considering his expierience. Seems to of gone downhill ever since leaving Plymouth , where he was quite simply superb. Assume he had top sponsorship there which has now gone?

8 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

And it is not a personal thing we either...Kus is what he is most of us knew what was coming.

Barker has let himself down, five wins at home from five meetings is truly awful, but as I have said I think our promotion will stay loyal and I don't have a problem with that given the season is over as a contest for us.

Notice Kus got a 5-1 last night (clearly needs a good night to kick start his season) then gets injured, still a fan of Kus

But as a team overall if you lot don't get bad luck with injuries this season you would get no luck at all.

Barker had a very good spell with Peterborough before chasing the Glasgow ££

Just a guess but I think Redcar will announce a further change very soon as the rumour at Berwick tonight is that Matej Kus has been dropped from the team.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Barker and Kus need to go simple. 

Barker needs to go no where. The reason is the same as the reason I didn't agree with those who wanted Garrity out last season...……………… Box office.

2 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Barker needs to go no where. The reason is the same as the reason I didn't agree with those who wanted Garrity out last season...……………… Box office.

You can't be box office riding NL bikes - he is just unprofessional to the extreme, but as I have said, season is over now anyway so may as well see what he does when he is back to fitness, surely can't be any worse then what he has been ...and I don't think five heats wins in five home meetings is Box Office, but that is probably me being old fashioned...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

You can't be box office riding NL bikes - he is just unprofessional to the extreme, but as I have said, season is over now anyway so may as well see what he does when he is back to fitness, surely can't be any worse then what he has been ...and I don't think five heats wins in five home meetings is Box Office, but that is probably me being old fashioned...

I thought "old fashioned" was those that enjoyed close "box office" racing and its the modern way who prefer "gate and go" racing and win at all costs. Remember when happiness used to be 40-38

11 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

I thought "old fashioned" was those that enjoyed close "box office" racing and its the modern way who prefer "gate and go" racing and win at all costs. Remember when happiness used to be 40-38

I just don't see how anyone can think Barker has been anything but poor this season, and it has ALL been of his own making with his shocking preparations....he was signed to lead the team and be number one, and he just hasn't - this season he has been one of the worst number ones we have ever had, 

• Like 1