British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, SuperBear said:

I don’t know if I’d want Greaves or Busch , but in all honesty Jonas has had a pretty poor start 

Jonas has been asked to ride third heat leader, almost an impossible task in this side...and a choice between Greaves and Busch, down to scores - I don't care if Redcar have English riders or not, it is about the team. If Greaves averages more keep him, if not - he goes

8 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Greaves has his chance and hope his does well, his line of the fourth corner is excellent, but if Busch is back I don't see him staying - at the end of the day Busch is an asset and a better rider, and there is little chance of MBA, JBA or Stewart making way for him.

Busch is absolutely garbage away from home. Greaves has far more potential.

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

Busch is absolutely garbage away from home. Greaves has far more potential.

Let's see if Greaves can average nearly 8 at the STMP....as Busch has done this season

2 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Let's see if Greaves can average nearly 8 at the STMP....as Busch has done this season

And doesn't turn up at Newcastle. Because he doesn't like the track.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

And doesn't turn up at Newcastle. Because he doesn't like the track.

Cleary the promotion had no issue with him otherwise they would have dropped him....he has been excellent for the Bears - I just don't see the rush to axe him when he has done little wrong. 

For this Thursday`s meeting with Peterborough I`m hearing that Aaron Summers guests in place of the injured Ben Barker with Josh Auty guesting in place of Thomas Jorgensen who will be riding for Kings Lynn at Swindon. 

17 minutes ago, screm said:

For this Thursday`s meeting with Peterborough I`m hearing that Aaron Summers guests in place of the injured Ben Barker with Josh Auty guesting in place of Thomas Jorgensen who will be riding for Kings Lynn at Swindon. 

It's to be hoped Summers turns up in the right mood then, he's been very up and down for Berwick,  Auty on the other hand has looked much better this season, it would be nice if he starts to fulfil the promise of his early racing days.

2 minutes ago, Thornaby48 said:

Two guests for red car this week ? One supporter not going if correct 

It's on the Bears Twitter.

7 minutes ago, Thornaby48 said:

Two guests for red car this week ? One supporter not going if correct 

To be fair to Redcar there`s not to much they could do about it, obviously Ben Barker is injured and Jorgensen meeting for Kings Lynn at Swindon will take priority over the Redcar one.

I would much rather see one guest, rider replacement and where possible give the number 8 a ride ,so that I am watching my team rather than a championship league select.

5 minutes ago, Thornaby48 said:

I would much rather see one guest, rider replacement and where possible give the number 8 a ride ,so that I am watching my team rather than a championship league select.

Surely you would rather watch two seven man teams.

1 hour ago, Thornaby48 said:

Fans refuse to go when they’ve had to use a NL guest in place of a heatleader and now you’re refusing coz they’ve found a like for like replacement, can’t please everyone, if I were a fan, Id rather turn up and see 2 suitable guests in place of the  heatleaders than a NL replacement meaning they are a lot weaker 

Last night, against Peterborough i saw Dimitri berge ride for the first time. Apart from his first ride he was excellent and seems to like riding wide. Now, partner  him with a rider who likes to ride tight and we have the ideal pairing for team riding which is not only a joy to watch but is also a potential 5-1, or at worst a 4-2. In heat 12 he was paired with Nathan greaves and for a while they were team riding until Dm sped off and we had a 4-2.  I remember the crazy Jack Millen ( now, there was a showman who was a great rival of Frank auffret ) team riding with Dave gatenby at Sunderland  to great effect. I am sure that speed way as a spectacle would benefit if more team riding took place rather than riders just taking off leaving their partner behind. Obviously it wouldn't always work but worth a try.

Looks like greaves in for busch