British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

The Speedway Star Championship League Top 4 Position Predictions.

Riding out on the train to work today I dug out a Speedway Star from my bag, which was the preview issue for the start of the season.

So I thought I would look to see who had predicted who to finish in the top 4 and how many got it right and how many got it wrong.

For those who don't read the magazine they get the reporter and a fan of the club to make their predictions for the season.

So using a scoring system of 3 points for the correct position and 2 points for getting it right that team finished in top 4 but in the wrong order.

So if you had

(1) Sheffield

(2) Ipswich

(3) Edinburgh

(4) Glasgow

you would score 12 points.

Some went pretty close some failed miserably.

This is how the predictions went.

Berwick; Reporter 4 points, Fan 4 points total 8 points.

Edinburgh; Reporter 9 points, Fan 4 points total 13 points

Glasgow; Reporter 8 points, Fan 10 points total 18 points

Ipswich; Reporter 6 points, Fan 4 points total 10 points (The Ipswich fan predicted Berwick to top the league) :lol:

Newcastle; Reporter 6 points, Fan 6 points total 12 points

Peterborough; Reporter 6 points, Fan 6 points total 12 points

Redcar; Reporter 6 points, Fan 5 points total 11 points

Scunthorpe; Reporter 6 points, Fan 2 points total 8 points (bonus point for the Scunthorpe fan as he is only 8 years old) :t:

Sheffield; Reporter 8 points, Fan 9 points total 17 points

Workington; Reporter 6 points, Fan 6 points total 12 points.

So there was two stand out predicting teams Glasgow who just pipped Sheffield.

And the other thing to learn from this, never ever ask an Ipswich fan for next weeks winning lottery numbers. :lol:

There's more than one?

Ruling out the glory hunters obviously.

Think they should let the MASSIF have a go next season

• Like 1

What ipswich fan was it??

That would be unfair to name names.

Nice to see that for all the big money investment that Glasgow put in that they actually won something this season. :t:

What ipswich fan was it??

Some bloke from Colchester called Kevin Knights. Only get the SS once a year,and it was still on my "must chuck that out pile". His reasoning for backing Berwick was down to Gary Havelock being a "man motivator", might have helped if he'd actually looked at who they'd signed.

Some bloke from Colchester called Kevin Knights. Only get the SS once a year,and it was still on my "must chuck that out pile". His reasoning for backing Berwick was down to Gary Havelock being a "man motivator", might have helped if he'd actually looked at who they'd signed.

Interesting that someone actually thinks Gary Havelock motivates people.

• Like 1

Mr motivator would make a good speedway manager. Berwick better be quick though.

As the Edinburgh correspondent for the star I guess the moral of the story is I must pick a cleverer fan next year 😂

• Like 2

As the Edinburgh correspondent for the star I guess the moral of the story is I must pick a cleverer fan next year 😂

Finding one will be your problem.

As the Edinburgh correspondent for the star I guess the moral of the story is I must pick a cleverer fan next year

Should get a loan of the Glasgow fan who scored 10 points this year (great effort).