British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

Any thoughts on team building for next year?

In my opinion the riders we should definitely keep are Brennan, Wood and Powell then try to get Kelsey and Edwards at reserve depending on the points limit.

Any thoughts on team building for next year?

In my opinion the riders we should definitely keep are Brennan, Wood and Powell then try to get Kelsey and Edwards at reserve depending on the points limit.

Think you're right on 4 of 5, just have a feeling that Kelsey won't figure in the picture after last season from club and rider point of view . After those 4 all depends on the points limit as you say. Will Charlie Saunders do a season? Although I think not, would be a good start to have him and Edwards at reserve.

Think for the Eagles Baseby & Brennan are certs for next years line up. Wood also providing his Championship team doesn't clash too much (assuming he gets one). Definitely don't think Kelsey will be included it just doesn't work for him at Eastbourne & a season ending average of 6.09 for Powell is probably his swan song as i can't see any team touching him on that number.

This is the one time I would hate to be management.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Jake Knight, surely he figures as a starter.

Glad Baseby has been mentioned. Its too easy to forget injured riders and he was flying before he got hurt.

Georgie is another no brainer and already I can see I am running out of points! So I am thinking something like

1, Jake or Mark

2. Kelsey (One last chance and can be dropped to strengthen up mid season) Sorry Kelsey.

3. Tom

4. Not sure but I agree Charlies average does not help him so probably a promising 4/5 pointer

5. Georgie or Mark

6. Edwards

7. Ethan Spiller or Charlie Saunders but I guess thatch a non-starter.

I have not even looked at what this adds up to and its pretty pointless until we know the points limit anyway.

Surely Wood & Brennan are certainties to be back and Edwards is highly likely with there being no Lakeside. Then a number 1 in either Bailey or Knight and I bet thats it in terms of continuity.

A shame that unless the points limit is increased significantly, we'll only be able to fit in 3 out of Knight, Wood, Brennan, Bailey & Baseby.

I believe Georgie is Kent bound and also don't think Bailey will be back unfortunately. I can see a team of Knight, Powell, Bowtell, Brennan, Baseby, Edwards, Dugard. Bowtell needs a team after no lakeside and is best mates with young Kelsey so why not.

Brennan will be nailed on for a starting spot. I would look to add Jake Knight as number 1 he is exciting and missed start of the season. Georgie Wood guess that will depend on where he rides in the Championship and what day they race but I would look to build the team around those three. But I am sure Connor will throw a couple of curveballs !!

Id like to see Josh/Jake as 1

Baseby or wood at 5 if Wood wants to double or triple up Id prefer Baseby?

Brennan as the third heat leader at 3.

I have just seen Powells avg is 5.62 not 6.09 which I think is more attractive.

Reserves gutted we couldnt get Kemp but Edwards beat him round Mildenhall if we can get him that would be great. Kelsey Dugard possibly one last chance to show he can cut it?

Then one other. But what do we think the points limit will be?

i've loved having georgie at arlington but missed so many meetings at the end because sheffield were in all the semi's & play-offs added to the 6 or more regular season i would like jake , tom & josh to be our big 3. definitely jason only i thought he was already spoken for like drew. SAUNDERS ? have i missed something ? this is the guy who was paid for double figures in his 1st appearance then his 'van broke down' on the way to his second. suddenly couldn't make the 3 bank holiday week meetings after telling the dugards he was available and was never seen again ? i wouldn't let him through the turnstiles if he had the money in his hand .

I have just seen Powells avg is 5.62 not 6.09 which I think is more attractive.

According to the SGB site he's 5.87 with effect from 1/10. No disrespect, but bit of a gamble?

Edited by Guest

Eastbourne 2018: Knight, Bailey, Baseby, Wood, Brennan, Powell, Edwards

I can but dream