British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

Think I'll have a proper go when we know the points limit. I do see there's very little between Josh, Jake and Mark in the averages, and I can only think one of the 3 will be back, would say Jake or Josh are more of an out an out No1, but Mark is 0.2 ish lower so if it's really close to the limit, that may come into play. Think we will build around Brennen and Wood again though. Has the National League agm date been announced yet ?

Edited by gazzac

So you unsettle Hunter and now target Rowe?

Not really, I went for Hunter because I think the Kings have the same problem as us. Three decent heat leaders and then Rowe as a good second string should leave only room for three 3+ riders to make the team up. Therefore Hunter becomes spare, possibly Andrews as well.

We are working at present on 39 points and Hunter ,Rowe plus two at 3.0 uses 16.5 only leaving 22.5 for the heat leaders which must surely mean no Bowen and I cannot imagine that.

These lads can work the numbers out and I expect Hunter and Andrews are already wondering where the can get a ride next year. The same can be said for Charley Powell and Matt bates.

The top three all have this problem unless they severely weaken their heat leaders.

• Like 1

So you unsettle Hunter and now target Rowe?

dont choke on your whistle... its only a bit of fun... anyway no one is exlusive

Bates posted on Facebook that whilst he plans on continuing riding in 2018 he does not think he will be able to commit to a team.

So looking at the league with the news of Coventry running at Leicester potentially the league could be:

1 Belle Vue

2 Eastbourne

3 Kent

4 Mildenhall

5 Plymouth

6 IOW

7 Birmingham

8 Buxton

9 stoke

10 Cradley?

11 Coventry?

12 lakeside?

13 kings lynn?

Think the 2 biggest question marks are Cradley and Lakeside (Cook did state in the SS that they would still keep the NL team when they stepped back up.)

If lakeside move up, I'd be amazed if they run two teams. The crowds were terrible last year, why would they want more of the same.

I cant see Lakeside running an NL side after this year. Id take the Warriors finishing 6th though haha.

• Like 1

So looking at the league with the news of Coventry running at Leicester potentially the league could be:

1 Belle Vue

2 Eastbourne

3 Kent

4 Mildenhall

5 Plymouth

6 IOW

7 Birmingham

8 Buxton

9 stoke

10 Cradley?

11 Coventry?

12 lakeside?

13 kings lynn?

No chance.

Lakeside don't know if they're coming or going - they're in a different league every month.

Coventry and Kings Lynn had a go this year and blew it - they should't be allowed to track a team, purely on the basis that it would let everyone know you can just waltz in and out of speedway at a whim with no consequences.

Judging by the antic's and potential safety issues at Stoke, they should be either closed down or brought up to standard.

Anyway, do you think there are enough riders available to fill 13 teams ?

I was only listing the teams I wasnt saying finishing order or if they would be riding hence the question marks against the teams that i thought were 50/50

What I don't get is home comes his average is 3.50 when it was 4.00 a month ago and he is undeclared....

So what prompted the .5 reduction?