British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

obviously i want tom back but i want it to be edwards . i think edwards really caught the eye at the end of the season especially the golden hammer , got to be the best 3 pointer out there other than kemp . i know there's a lot of posters on here that are positive edwards is a nailed on eagle but i'd just like it confirmed . if mildenhall sign him they're going to be able to announce jason doyle as their final rider :cry:

Edited by gee jay

Edwards scored some decent points think he got about 10 at Buxton 10 at lakeside and 6th in the golden hammer I believe, I think he will be as good as kemp very much under the radar if they can get him will be a great signing

Great signing and hopefully can build a team with Jason and Kelsey starting at reserve. All depends on the points limit they set on the 14th, but whatever it is couldn't be a better base to build from.

Predictable but top signing. Providing Eastbourne can sign a good rider at number 2 there should always be a strong reserve pairing when riders move up/down. Strong business as usual for the Eagles

Predictable but top signing. Providing Eastbourne can sign a good rider at number 2 there should always be a strong reserve pairing when riders move up/down. Strong business as usual for the Eagles

Having given it a bit more thought as Jason should be one of the strongest reserves, maybe even better to go with another 3 pointer if possible, Kelsey at 2, who should compete there, but would leave a good amount of points left for the remaining 4 whatever the limit . You would think worst case would be Kelsey or Jason at reserve. Edited by gazzac

That was good news. Two of my wanted five confirmed. Now with Knight, Wood and Brennan there will be 8.85 to 11.85 available for two second strings. Another competitive team although Mildenhall look like favourites.

Having given it a bit more thought as Jason should be one of the strongest reserves, maybe even better to go with another 3 pointer if possible, Kelsey at 2, who should compete there, but would leave a good amount of points left for the remaining 4 whatever the limit . You would think worst case would be Kelsey or Jason at reserve.

Worst case is Kelsey at reserve and his confidence takes a nose dive? Easbourne have done well historically when a strong 2,6,7 combo is in place. Limited bargain 4 pointers about although Callum Walker looks good value?

I believe Georgie is Kent bound and also don't think Bailey will be back unfortunately. I can see a team of Knight, Powell, Bowtell, Brennan, Baseby, Edwards, Dugard. Bowtell needs a team after no lakeside and is best mates with young Kelsey so why not.

Wonder how close I get with this.

Worst case is Kelsey at reserve and his confidence takes a nose dive? Easbourne have done well historically when a strong 2,6,7 combo is in place. Limited bargain 4 pointers about although Callum Walker looks good value?

Yes you're right and of the choices think they would plan to build around those 2 being at reserve,but as usual all will depend on the points limit which I hope goes up at least a point, preferably a bit more.

Having given it a bit more thought as Jason should be one of the strongest reserves, maybe even better to go with another 3 pointer if possible, Kelsey at 2, who should compete there, but would leave a good amount of points left for the remaining 4 whatever the limit . You would think worst case would be Kelsey or Jason at reserve.

that's what i am thinking , after reading the s/star . maybe another grasstrack rabbit out of the hat . interesting !!!!!!

Wonder how close I get with this.

Well it comes to 43.46 points so would need a surprising change in limits. At 43 a whole new opportunity would open up.