Interesting!

Cant be anything too massive as agm still to happen

Kyle Hughes?

Both Spillers?

Martin Dugard on an assessed 3 point average

Connor to don a race suit?

Or maybe not even rider related

Edited by stevec

Connor did say he wouldn't be drawn into further rider announcements until he knew the points limit, so perhaps more likely club or sponsorship news.

Guest GiveusaB

Well it comes to 43.46 points so would need a surprising change in limits. At 43 a whole new opportunity would open up.

Its going to be 39 or less !?

I hope not, at worst it needs to go up to 40+ depending on how many teams.

I hope not, at worst it needs to go up to 40+ depending on how many teams.

If it does not go up the league will be a shambles, can anyone name the 24 odd required 3 pointers that are close to league ready.

ame="gazzac" post="3069451" timestamp="1512742681"]

If it does not go up the league will be a shambles, can anyone name the 24 odd required 3 pointers that are close to league ready.

Same could be said of most seasons. Plenty signed up this year who weren't ready. Teams don't have to track rookie 3 pointers though its just the choice of team make up.

The bigger issue is what are NL teams doing to help generate the next batch of 3 pointers.......naff all is the answer

• Like 1

The bigger issue is what are NL teams doing to help generate the next batch of 3 pointers.......naff all is the answer

And for that you can blame the BSPA. Its decision to ban NL clubs from having assets removes the financial incentive to train the next generation of riders.

Another example of the shortsighted policies of the people at the top of the sport.

They can pick up NL riders for next to nothing (saves them money) and then they wonder why the flow of talent is beginning to wane.

Penny wise; pound foolish.

• Like 3

And for that you can blame the BSPA. Its decision to ban NL clubs from having assets removes the financial incentive to train the next generation of riders.

Another example of the shortsighted policies of the people at the top of the sport.

They can pick up NL riders for next to nothing (saves them money) and then they wonder why the flow of talent is beginning to wane.

Without doubt that is another nail in the development coffin but sadly it has been money driven for years.

Eastbourne to their credit do run regular 2nd halves and host an SDL team which is more than most although still a long way to go to make up for the destruction of the training track that helped nurture so many youngsters.

• Like 1

Without doubt that is another nail in the development coffin but sadly it has been money driven for years.

Eastbourne to their credit do run regular 2nd halves and host an SDL team which is more than most although still a long way to go to make up for the destruction of the training track that helped nurture so many youngsters.

Not that I agree, but a lot of people say we still have a training track, not a full size one!!! Edited by gazzac

Its definitely the case that the NL clubs pay significantly less in fees than the top two leagues and one of the reasons for that is they cannot sign assets.

I know Jayne Moss put a very good post on here regarding NL clubs owning assets and its nowhere near as clear cut as it seems.

• Like 1

Its definitely the case that the NL clubs pay significantly less in fees than the top two leagues and one of the reasons for that is they cannot sign assets.

I know Jayne Moss put a very good post on here regarding NL clubs owning assets and its nowhere near as clear cut as it seems.

I think it is quite clear cut.

The top two leagues leech off the NL: they put nothing in but take.

Why should NL club train up riders for no reward.

As to the fees, they probably are less - and so they should be at 3rd division level, having regard to typical admission prices - remembering a lot of costs are the same whether you are in the Premiership or NL).

If NL league clubs were rewarded for developing young riders, you might see more enthusiasm from the clubs.

I think it is quite clear cut.

The top two leagues leech off the NL: they put nothing in but take.

Why should NL club train up riders for no reward.

As to the fees, they probably are less - and so they should be at 3rd division level, having regard to typical admission prices - remembering a lot of costs are the same whether you are in the Premiership or NL).

If NL league clubs were rewarded for developing young riders, you might see more enthusiasm from the clubs.

I think we need Jayne Moss to state the case clearly again. If memory serves me correctly, she preferred a situation where NL clubs could not have assets which suggests its nowhere near as simple as you are putting it nor is it the case that NL clubs are as hard done by as you imply.

Actually NL clubs receive a training fee (albeit not much) when the rider signs for a higher club and they pay no loan fees for riders who are assets of other teams (Josh Bailey & Richard Knight spring to mind). The amount they pay the BSPA is definitely substantially less and a referee does exactly the same job at whatever meeting he attends, so why should some be charged more than others ?

I think it was one ex Championship promoter who said that some NL clubs want all the benefits of being in the Premiership and Championship but don't want to pay for it. This is particularly relevant taking into account that NL clubs are in general in better financial shape than those in the top two divisions.

In addition, to suggest that NL clubs receive no reward for training young riders is nonsense. The financial gain from other clubs maybe minimal, but clearly if you put time and effort (the money commitment is almost non existent, indeed Isle of Wight make money from their training school) into giving youngsters a chance it means they are more likely to stay with your club, hugely benefitting the team in the short term.

As an example, Mildenhall will have Kemp, Bebee, Jenkins and Marson riding for them this season. All have been given opportunities by the Fen Tigers and repaid the clubs loyalty by joining them at the start of their NL careers. Every single Mildenhall fan I know, not surprisingly, can't wait for the season to start.

Isn't the on - and indeed off - track success of an NL club enough for them to have a strong youth and training policy ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Back to Eastbourne whats the shake up going to be ...

Back to Eastbourne whats the shake up going to be ...

Got to be a bit of Connor hype. After their performance of the last three years we cannot ask for anything more. Shake up's come when you are in trouble not when you have won the KO Cup three times on the trot with three runner up pendants in the League. It was just unfortunate that the time they won the play off it did not count and when they topped the table they lost the play off. In reality they have done everything.

Please no shake up just more of the same.