British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Think you could be right, but if that's the case,  is a slightly underwhelming team, and leaving 0.41 spare.

Oh I don't know, Baseby will end up as the third heat leader in that line up..

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Is Brooks ready on a 500cc?

If you mean ready for a 500, probably not , will do one meeting on a borrowed bike, then we'll use guests for the remainder of the normal season, until the sharp end then we'll do our usual and have the next 15 year old wonder kid for the playoffs and cup finals. Sure this will be the case as it's so liked by most supporters. 

(I've been told before sarcasm gets lost in text, I am being sarcastic again, but stranger things have happened, Hurry assessed average etc! )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Think you could be right, but if that's the case,  is a slightly underwhelming team, and leaving 0.41 spare.

I was also thinking that team could be right however with that team coming to 0.41 under the limit, Jake could have still fitted in at no1, with his average only 0.18 higher than Baseby's, and I would have thought that Jake would have been the better option out of the 2 of them. So if we had a team with Baseby at no1 I thought it would end up with at total that is within 0.17 of the limit because otherwise Jake would have been able to fit instaed of Baseby.

Edited by eaglesno1

The 39 limit is a killer for a side like eastbourne who tend to have biggish home wins year on year.

Very hard to get continuity.

Well knowing the Dugards, this Brooks should be a good signing. Hopefully as good as James Shanes who has made in very far on the longtrack scene.

2 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

I was also thinking that team could be right however with that team coming to 0.41 under the limit, Jake could have still fitted in at no1, with his average only 0.18 higher than Baseby's, and I would have thought that Jake would have been the better option out of the 2 of them. So if we had a team with Baseby at no1 I thought it would end up with at total that is within 0.17 of the limit because otherwise Jake would have been able to fit instaed of Baseby.

We could have Jake, but I think Mark has been 'promised' a team place, if the limit had been say 42.5 may have jigged a team with Jake as well, the moment 39 was known Jake was on  Twitter saying he was gutted. Shame but the points limit will restrict us to a slightly mediocre team. 

Edited by gazzac

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Shame but the points limit will restrict us to a slightly mediocre team. 

It hasn’t before though. You sign a guaranteed improver (Edwards this year, Brennan last year & BWD before) then make astute changes when necessary and always find a strong reserve at the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Is Brooks ready on a 500cc?

I thought the same, then I watched this video...

(I understand that’s grasstrack and 250 but to ride a grasstrack bike like that he is Flat out  al the way round) so I think he is ready. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the team now will be:

Connor Mountain 9.06

Kelsey Dugard 3.50

Tom Brennan 7.21

Charley Powell 5.62

Georgie Wood 7.61

Charlie Brooks 3.00

Jason Edwards 3.00

= 39.00

6 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

I think the team now will be:

Connor Mountain 9.06

Kelsey Dugard 3.50

Tom Brennan 7.21

Charley Powell 5.62

Georgie Wood 7.61

Charlie Brooks 3.00

Jason Edwards 3.00

= 39.00

Apart from using up all the points, would Connor Mountain be a better No 1 especially at home than Jake Knight? Would rather have Jake again really. 

16 hours ago, gazzac said:

If you mean ready for a 500, probably not , will do one meeting on a borrowed bike, then we'll use guests for the remainder of the normal season, until the sharp end then we'll do our usual and have the next 15 year old wonder kid for the playoffs and cup finals. Sure this will be the case as it's so liked by most supporters. 

Not sure I agree its liked by most supporters. Yes, going into play offs and the such, any team is glad to use a flying guest, wherever in the team he is but I think we would much rather a reserve that is going to do well for us full stop. I think most would have liked to see more of Charlie Saunders then see what guest we would be getting each week.

I am a little surprised everyoine is assuming Charlie Powell will get a place as he looks a little at risk with his average, in my opinion. But the fact that he has not gone public saying he has not been signed, maybe means he is.

Personally, I would like to see Georgie, Mark and Daniel Spiller complete the team

thanks turn two , i went looking but could only find stuff about an actress and a race horse trainer . is charlie brooks ready ? i'll say yes or the dugards wouldn't have put him in.