British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

Charlie Brooks is more than ready. Ive seen him on the shale a couple of times and he was very impressive. He has good support around him and good equipment so don't be surprised if he doesn't out perform Edwards, it certainly creates the strongest reserve pairing in the league thus far.

As for including Powell in the team i just don't see that happening, Eastbourne aren't loyal for the sake of it and i see Hunter in the team far more likely and if using up the points so important Jack Smith would be a useful shout over Georgie Wood.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
  • Like 1

Someone like Clegg and Hunter to complete would give them a really good team 

3 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Wood confirmed 

Great to have him back, gives his all in every meeting above and beyond his ability some times and when you think of Eastie and the NL, with all the success we've had, he's been the constant factor. If he can improve his machinery a bit, will definitely be consistently an 8.00 plus rider.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Cherlie Brooks is more than ready. Ive seen him on the shale a couple of times and he was very impressive. He has good support around him and good equipment so don't be surprised if he doesn't out perform Edwards, it certainly creates the strongest reserve pairing in the league thus far.

Just seen a few more of his videos on his Facebook page, very exciting looking rider in the Shanes style,if he can master a 500 around our tight track, he does look a really good 'find'. Well done to the Dugards once again.

Charlie will do a great job a big fan of him and he got a good family behind him he will go far mark my words.

Very attractive looking 5  so far, all sure to put points on their averages.  The big issue now is how they spend the last 14.68 on two riders.

Not very keen on the Baseby/Powell combination.  I know Mark Baseby surprised us last year but there  is not a lot of room for more and some tough No 1's to contend with, heats 13 and 15 are often crucial.   Charley Powell improved last year and looked a lot better toward the end of the season but difficult to see much further.

I really like the Clegg/Hunter suggestion which would give them a fighting chance against Mildenhall but I cannot see Clegg coming back to the NL. However Friday night Lakeside stay over for Saturday Eastbourne might be attractive?   They could even fit in JPB for Baseby wouldn't that be something?

I thought about JPB but then thought, Glasgow on a Friday to Eastbourne  on a Saturday is a bloody long way. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he did sign for them though. Rides the track well from looking at his scores. He's based Cambridge way I think now, so a fair bit closer than last season 

Edited by adz_mft

57 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

I thought about JPB but then thought, Glasgow on a Friday to Eastbourne  on a Saturday is a bloody long way. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he did sign for them though. Rides the track well from looking at his scores. He's based Cambridge way I think now, so a fair bit closer than last season 

Would be a great signing, still remember the performance he put in the season before last in the ko cup final when Birmingham came with an illegal no 1,  kept the meeting alive , scoring 19 against the likes of Knight, Adam Ellis  etc.  from reserve. Do think it unlikely though unfortunately. 

Edited by gazzac

Are we getting a signing a day? Richard hall and JPB fit which would be good although I've said in general I'd not have hall in my team. Just hoping the last signings don' make what has the makings of a good team a bit boring.

Not a lot of scope for improvement but he’ll help with the big home wins for the aggregate meetings!

Suspense until the last minute.  9.06 left so it looks certain to be Baseby or Mountain at No 1.

Fingers crossed it's Mountain