British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

Very surprised with that one. Don't see much further improvement in Powell, has a very awkward style and in fairness his average is inflated due to home track advantage over visiting riders. Thought Hunter was far more likely to take this place if im honest.

11 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Suspense until the last minute.  9.06 left so it looks certain to be Baseby or Mountain at No 1.

Fingers crossed it's Mountain

Agree , although I like Mark, he's not really a No1, especially when we still have enough points to have Jake. So as it's not him hope we're going for someone thought of as an out and out No 1 .

Edited by gazzac

Im not liking the team tbh, powell is an underwhelming signing on his average, i cant have dugard on my mind in the top 5 either.

averages dictate these things obviously 

7 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Im not liking the team tbh, powell is an underwhelming signing on his average, i cant have dugard on my mind in the top 5 either.

averages dictate these things obviously 

Unfortunately you're right, 39 points was always going to lead to teams like this, for example Kent are looking to run Taylor Hampshire at 4 who may improve but not a rider you'd normally think of in that position. As usual we will be very strong at home. 

Its not a strange line up too me as an Eastbourne fan, I know Charley's potential as do the Dugards. The same can be said with Kelsey aslong as he can keep himself on the bike has the beating of alot of riders.

So for me this is the sort of team that I expected.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

Its not a strange line up too me as an Eastbourne fan, I know Charley's potential as do the Dugards. The same can be said with Kelsey aslong as he can keep himself on the bike has the beating of alot of riders.

So for me this is the sort of team that I expected.

If your last prediction of Mountain at 1 is right, will be a very competitive team again within the 39 points, and very strong at home. Will be there or there abouts again, and if Edwards moves on in leaps and bounds should still always have a strong reserve pairing if he swaps with Kelsey. As you say just need Kelsey to stay on and not have any injuries again. 

Edited by gazzac

My point is - it was announced that Jake wouldn't fit due to the way the team was being built. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have 9.06 left & Jake is 8.83......

1 hour ago, mmmmethanol said:

My point is - it was announced that Jake wouldn't fit due to the way the team was being built. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have 9.06 left & Jake is 8.83......

Well they didn't say how it was being built must be on their friends list of it' Baseby....

I would think whoever the number1 is was already signed before the limit was agreed so imagine Jake would only have been in the team on a higher limit.

3 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Is Mountain actually better than Knight?

Very little in it, and if Knight had not posted that he was gutted not to be back when the limit was announced we'd be thinking it nailed on he'd be the last signing. Maybe they think we need a change to push that last bit to win the playoffs having failed last year.One thing  we do need is a No1 who maintains his average to stay at No1 leaving Brennen and Wood at 3 and 5 being strong in those places, as well as if it is Mountain and he gets called away on championship meetings can get a decent guest rather than R/R . Just assuming  now it is him, would not look good if it was Baseby having left Knight out.

6 hours ago, gazzac said:

Very little in it, and if Knight had not posted that he was gutted not to be back when the limit was announced we'd be thinking it nailed on he'd be the last signing. Maybe they think we need a change to push that last bit to win the playoffs having failed last year.One thing  we do need is a No1 who maintains his average to stay at No1 leaving Brennen and Wood at 3 and 5 being strong in those places, as well as if it is Mountain and he gets called away on championship meetings can get a decent guest rather than R/R . Just assuming  now it is him, would not look good if it was Baseby having left Knight out.

If it was Knight, he wouldn’t even be missing with Championship clashes though. 

Strange one, all I can think it was maybe Marks consistency one hehot going that swung it jake being the brilliant rider he is did have the tendency to have a ‘win it or bin it’ mentality that maybe the Dugard’s feel could lose meetings.