British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

So it is an old mates team after all. I hope Mark proves me wrong but still don't see him as a No1, a really good 3 or 5 , will be competitive but won't win it looking at Mildenhall's team like last year with BV. If Mark was signed  before the points limit Jake would never get a team place unless it went up to about 43 which was never going to happen.

Well the die is cast.  Interesting that 5 of the 7 are the same as last years first declaration with only the two 3.0 pointers coming in. 

• Like 1

Plus Mark is the perfect rider to be Captain, and everyone gets along so well in that team.

But yeah if you look at stats from last year Jake fell too many times. I think actually the most of any Eastbourne rider in the end.

3 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

Plus Mark is the perfect rider to be Captain, and everyone gets along so well in that team.

But yeah if you look at stats from last year Jake fell too many times. I think actually the most of any Eastbourne rider in the end.

Doesn't matter if he fell a few times (Not many) he still scored a shed load of points. Jake still the better all round option imho

i'm not ruling anybody out but because the fen tigers and eagles are by far the most completed teams with the fen tigers looking to have the edge on paper . will it make much difference ( after only 4 meetings ?) when all 4 reserve's will possibly find themselves in the top 5 with dugard & powell and bebee & kinsley at reserve ?

That is a possibility, but will be interesting too see which team comes out on top as I would say Eastbourne have the stronger team but do think currently is gonna be hard for other teams too build better teams than Eastie's and Mildenhall's

Dugard and Powell would run riot in heat 2 over Kingsley and Beebee every day of the week 

Jake is a racer, and always goes out to win. He did  not thrown away points when a match result was at stake. Always push as hard as you can, riders make mistakes in front and you need to be in as position to capitalise. As you get older you get smarter and are able to do this as second nature without making mistakes. All part of Speedway. I watched Jake a lot this year and have to say that his passing ability was top draw. His 15 point max at home to Brum was stunning, and not all from the Gate, As a ex rider I applaud Jake, he has always just got on with it and done the best he can. As his Father I am proud of him, always worked and raced and can hold his head high.

Very unfortunate not to get picked again for Eastbourne, but hey that's Speedway.

Richard

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Dugard and Powell would run riot in heat 2 over Kingsley and Beebee every day of the week 

Maybe at Home but not away.

2 minutes ago, knightr said:

Jake is a racer, and always goes out to win. He did  not thrown away points when a match result was at stake. Always push as hard as you can, riders make mistakes in front and you need to be in as position to capitalise. As you get older you get smarter and are able to do this as second nature without making mistakes. All part of Speedway. I watched Jake a lot this year and have to say that his passing ability was top draw. His 15 point max at home to Brum was stunning, and not all from the Gate, As a ex rider I applaud Jake, he has always just got on with it and done the best he can. As his Father I am proud of him, always worked and raced and can hold his head high.

Very unfortunate not to get picked again for Eastbourne, but hey that's Speedway.

Richard

Jake was one of the best visiting riders I saw last year at Plymouth, shame he hasn't got a place yet but hopefully will get fixed up somewhere. Wouldn't mind seeing line up for the Devils but can't see him fitting in points wise with Roynon.

Oh yeah Jake is one of the best passers you will see on his day no doubt. Very much reminded me of some of the great Heat 15 passes I had seen many a time in the old Elite league days at Eastbourne. And is why it surprises me he doesn't put in the effort too make it higher up in speedway as know he has the quality too.

Moleman, Jake has always put in the effort behind the scenes, funding has been the biggest blocker, he had offers from both Cham/prem this season but the time off and travel did not make it viable. No work no speedway as this funded his riding. Sponsorship is key to all successful riders, this has been unfortunately the missing ingredient to Jake progress. 

Regards Richard

22 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

That is a possibility, but will be interesting too see which team comes out on top as I would say Eastbourne have the stronger team but do think currently is gonna be hard for other teams too build better teams than Eastie's and Mildenhall's

I'd say that man for man Mildenhall are far stronger, Powell being the only one likely to match his opposite number (Kinsley). Eastbourne also have no-one who is going to improve his average like Kemp or maybe even Marson. 

8 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I'd say that man for man Mildenhall are far stronger, Powell being the only one likely to match his opposite number (Kinsley). Eastbourne also have no-one who is going to improve his average like Kemp or maybe even Marson. 

I'm confident Jason Edwards will prove you very wrong.

4 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not so sure personally. I agree top end Mildenhall definitely have the edge but there is very little between the two tails. Yes Kemp has every possibility of finishing on a 6/7 point average but it will still take an exceptional season to do that. Bebee will have done well to finish over 4 although Marson is the unknown joker. However at Eastbourne id expect Dugard, Edwards & Brooks to all finish over the 5 point mark. With no disrespect to Mildenhall it looks like the Eagles have built a team that will be competitive at Belle Vue as well as at home.