British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

50 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I'd say that man for man Mildenhall are far stronger, Powell being the only one likely to match his opposite number (Kinsley). Eastbourne also have no-one who is going to improve his average like Kemp or maybe even Marson. 

So you think Brennan is not likely to match Jenkins,  that is a very bold statement, so far they have been an exact match although Brennan was a very small .02 ahead on average.  Be an interesting competition between Dugard and Kemp at No 2 as well and Brooks v Marson is anyones guess.

I agree Midenhall look stronger but certainly not man to man in 6 out of seven positions. 

Bailey vs Baseby: Bailey.  Baseby is unproven at number 1

Ayres vs Wood: Wood. He has more potential to consistently hit big scores as Ayers is sometimes erratic. 

Jenkins vs Brennan: touch and go between the 2 but both will finish 8+. 

Kinsley vs Powell: Powell just. Both will be strong at home but weak away. 

Bebee vs Dugard: Touch and go and realistically the smallest improvers for both teams who will both rely on home points. 

Kemp vs Edwards: Kemp all day long but Edwards is the 2nd best 3.00 man in the league anyway. 

Marson vs Brooks: Marson slightly. Both are unknown entities over here but Marson’s 500 experience gives him the edge. 

For what it’s worth haha. 

You ask anybody, Kelsey Dugard is the most naturally gifted speedway rider from the south since Lewis Bridger, he’s just lazy and doesn’t have the get up and go like the lads that want it. If he can correct his flaws Dugard will finish on a 6 point average 

Edited by TurnTwo
  • Like 1

Once again non Eastbourne fans who don't see Charley most weeks dont see the potential that alot of us see and so do the Dugards. He can hit a 6 - 7 point average can Charley this season and is far far better than Kinsley.

Also you cant say if Marson is better than Brooks, but Brooks has a very good riding style and will be good home and away I expect.

Edited by Moleman27

11 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I'd say that man for man Mildenhall are far stronger, Powell being the only one likely to match his opposite number (Kinsley). Eastbourne also have no-one who is going to improve his average like Kemp or maybe even Marson. 

i think mildenhall look slightly stronger myself , mainly because ayres had a lot to deal with last year so i expect him to have a better year , and he wasn't too shabby last season. out of the 4 reserves brooks is the only real unknown quantity as the other 3 have already shown what they can do. i can see georgie wood  being one of the top riders next year . so slightly stronger probably , far stronger definitely not .

Edited by gee jay

15 hours ago, Hunters said:

So you think Brennan is not likely to match Jenkins,  that is a very bold statement, so far they have been an exact match although Brennan was a very small .02 ahead on average.  Be an interesting competition between Dugard and Kemp at No 2 as well and Brooks v Marson is anyones guess.

I agree Midenhall look stronger but certainly not man to man in 6 out of seven positions. 

I definitely think that Jenkins is the better rider. His brilliant heat 12 pass of both home riders at Isle of Wight was one of the best moves I saw all season in the NL.

Interesting competition between Kemp and Dugard ? This is the same Dugard that got sacked twice last season, isn't it ? Do I need to remind you of the comments his father and brother made about him at the beginning of 2017 ? 

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

You ask anybody, Kelsey Dugard is the most naturally gifted speedway rider from the south since Lewis Bridger, he’s just lazy and doesn’t have the get up and go like the lads that want it. If he can correct his flaws Dugard will finish on a 6 point average 

Much better than his average and just about everyone refers to his attitude. But how many chances does he get to prove himself ? 

6 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

Once again non Eastbourne fans who don't see Charley most weeks dont see the potential that alot of us see and so do the Dugards. He can hit a 6 - 7 point average can Charley this season and is far far better than Kinsley.

Also you cant say if Marson is better than Brooks, but Brooks has a very good riding style and will be good home and away I expect.

We'll see about Kinsley and Powell.

I must admit I haven't seen Brookes but I have seen Marson. There's a good reason why desperate attempts were made to increase his average to a 5.00 last season.

15 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

I'm confident Jason Edwards will prove you very wrong.

I saw Kemp and Edwards ride at the NSS last season, a track that really sorts out the men from the boys.

Kemp scored 9 for Eastbourne in the NL Grand Final and was the reason they weren't beaten out of sight. He scored 8 for Mildenhall in the KO Cup and his two late wins over Shuttleworth were the reason Mildenhall won the tie.

Edwards only ever looked like beating Woodhull and he didn't manage that.

Kemp was by far and away the best novice I saw last season who will start on a 3.00 average, and that's probably why Eastbourne tried to sign him. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Do you really think that they would include him again if they did not think they had changed his attitude.  They have proven that they will do whatever is necessary in the team interest.

Make or break for Kelsey.

Edited by Hunters

2 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Do you really think that they would include him again if they did not think they had changed his attitude.  They have proven that they will do whatever is necessary in the team interest.

As an Arlington and IOW regular, Kelsey has never impressed me. Let's hope he makes the most of this latest chance by his home club.

2 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Make or break for Kelsey.

What I do know is that is exactly what they said at the beginning of 2017 (when they had finished slagging him off, that was). Maybe there was no-one better on an average that fitted.

It is make or break. But it was at this time last year, too. 

He's definitely a better rider than his average suggests and he was hugely popular on the Isle of Wight due to the way he engaged with the crowd (a model example, I'd say). As to whether he will apply himself, experience says not.

Jason Edwards has more growth in him than Kemp, both are going too be very good riders and yes haven't seen anyone get a set up right for a track as quick as Kemp did other than Dan Bewley. But you have too remember Jason had not ridden competitively on a 500cc bike until he came in to the league.

Which Kemp did have in the youth Championships. But everyone talks about those two as the two expected best 3 pointers which surprises me as Leon Flint will be just as good even better than both of them.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

Jason Edwards has more growth in him than Kemp, both are going too be very good riders and yes haven't seen anyone get a set up right for a track as quick as Kemp did other than Dan Bewley. But you have too remember Jason had not ridden competitively on a 500cc bike until he came in to the league.

Which Kemp did have in the youth Championships. But everyone talks about those two as the two expected best 3 pointers which surprises me as Leon Flint will be just as good even better than both of them.

100% agreed. Keep forgetting about Flint probably because i didn't realise he would be moving up this year. I think Flint could emulate Zac Waj's first NL season

I think the 3 pointers will go:

Kemp, Edwards, Brooks, Marson I’m still not convinced on Marson yet 

admittedly he beat priest and tedham, then lost to Verge rtd & tedham, then run a last behind Armstrong, Atkins, Burnett he did best wallinger and tedham...both which fell. 

last season mark baseby and charley powell won a pairs meeting on the grass , can anyone tell me where it was ? thanks. 

1 hour ago, gee jay said:

last season mark baseby and charley powell won a pairs meeting on the grass , can anyone tell me where it was ? thanks. 

It was at Frittenden.

http://www.dirthub.co.uk/grasstrack/twos-company-frittenden-grasstrack-pairs-race-report-and-results/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-faUuJ_jQ << The final starts at 7 minutes 45 seconds in the video.

Edited by eaglesno1

thank you no1 , i'm after the dvd if it's available so it will be a great help to know what i'm asking for. thanks again.