British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

As an occasional visitor to Arlington where I always enjoy the racing in spite of the track being a bit one sided, the Dugards always seem

to make good choices. I shall miss the excitement of Jake Knight and I'm not sure that Baseby is a good enough No 1, but he IS a very

capable performer. The Eagles strength this year, for me, is in their bottom 3. Kelsey a better rider than his average and Edwards one of

the better newcomers and with Brooks on the verge of a breakthrough. Top 3 IMO

Really hope the toilets can be updated this year with all the colour scheme and rebrand etc it must be a good idea surely to do it in one big go? 

it could be done really cheaply as well , to upgrade the toilets on the 3rd bend would just need a bar of soap . 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Really hope the toilets can be updated this year with all the colour scheme and rebrand etc it must be a good idea surely to do it in one big go? 

NOOOOO! Not the toilets debate again!

We have been having that for years!

If this is true and I cannot confirm it, then the visitors ( in plain English) are

Jake Knight

Matt Bates

Alfie Bowtell

Luke Harris

Ben Hopwood

Matt Saul

Dan Gilkes

An interesting side with a lot of 'racers' but since when were Bowtell and Gilkes former eagles?

Will be a really good work out for this years team with no real home track advantage and a lot to see with Brooks and Gilkes the rookies and Edwards who we know well over the last 6 or 7 years to compare them with.

I wanted Jake at No1 this year although I agree Mark will be a better captain and counsellor so there should be three interesting races between them.

Just seen twitter It looks now to be bailey Bates Bowtell hunter Hopwood Bursill gilkes 

2 fairly even teams 

Of course Matt Saul is declared but has already been replaced by another rider for the day ;)

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Just seen twitter It looks now to be bailey Bates Bowtell hunter Hopwood Bursill gilkes 

2 fairly even teams 

14 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

No its not, Forman IT team for this season will wreck that team.

Don't think the result for this one is in too much danger. Needed Knight, Bailey & Hopwood to make a spectacle of it. Whilst Gilkes is a talented developing rider i think the current Eastbourne reserves will batter the challengers and the result will be decided from the 6&7 berths

10 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Of course Matt Saul is declared but has already been replaced by another rider for the day ;)

TOUCHE

• Like 1