British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

That should say Poultec* lol

I see you corrected to Poultec - but is March also an autocorrect error?

March is a small town nr Peterborough and doesn't have a speedway track, as far as I know. Used to have a dog track so might have a training place, so I could be wrong.

Given that Eastbourne have an IT sponsor, the official website is a bit behind the times.

No 2018 Fixtures list yet !!

BSPA site has mention of the opening meeting being:-

24/03/18 1930 Eastbourne Forman IT Eagles v IT First Eagles (Ch)

but nothing on the Eastbourne site to say what the match is when it is only 31 days away. Not very impressive.

1 hour ago, woofers said:

Given that Eastbourne have an IT sponsor, the official website is a bit behind the times.

No 2018 Fixtures list yet !!

15 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

BSPA site has mention of the opening meeting being:-

24/03/18 1930 Eastbourne Forman IT Eagles v IT First Eagles (Ch)

but nothing on the Eastbourne site to say what the match is when it is only 31 days away. Not very impressive.

That will be because they have a new website.

https://www.formaniteagles.co.uk/home/

Well thank you for that.

i hope they can handle IT solutions better than this in 'real business'

No communication,  no link from or notification on the old site (which still carries the label 'officIal website') and is still being updated with Twitter feeds from the management. 

Try Googling Eastbourne Speedway or Eastbourne Speedway Fixtures - no sight of the new website in the search answers.

Not a good start.

Edited by woofers

Wasn't convinced when the new colour scheme was announced (and still not sure if i am) but early looks at the new merchandise looks excellent, a real selection of visually appealing products,  currently in style and marketed at sensible prices. Its these kind of initiatives that speedway clubs have been desperately lacking IMO.

13 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

The new website is still under construction, and it was link and announced when the new colours was announced.

Can see that it's under construction. Can't find any link or previous announcement about it - happy to be corrected though if you'd like to tell me where I can find it.

Perfectly acceptable and reasonable to modernise and update things - although I'm not sure the internet address of "formaniteagles" is going to trip off the tongue easily or indeed find any new punters. If you are trying to attract new people it surely makes sense to keep the location in the headline address. Only those already in the know are aware of the team sponsors. Away supporters looking for details of Eastbourne Speedway won't Google "Formaniteagles".

In this instance, I think the sponsors are coming cross as bigger than the team - I know they are vital, but to headline them as the internet address is daft in my opinion - of course we hope the sponsorship is a long term affair but by it's nature it can be transient, so are we going to have a new website whenever the main sponsor changes ? Surely there is opportunity to incorporate all the branding and sponsorship details, merchandise etc within the current website? 

When I wanted to find out details of other clubs, I just Googled, "Kent Speedway", "Stoke Speedway", "Plymouth Speedway" etc and immediately got to the club website.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, woofers said:

Can see that it's under construction. Can't find any link or previous announcement about it - happy to be corrected though if you'd like to tell me where I can find it.

Perfectly acceptable and reasonable to modernise and update things - although I'm not sure the internet address of "formaniteagles" is going to trip off the tongue easily or indeed find any new punters. If you are trying to attract new people it surely makes sense to keep the location in the headline address. Only those already in the know are aware of the team sponsors. Away supporters looking for details of Eastbourne Speedway won't Google "Formaniteagles".

In this instance, I think the sponsors are coming cross as bigger than the team - I know they are vital, but to headline them as the internet address is daft in my opinion - of course we hope the sponsorship is a long term affair but by it's nature it can be transient, so are we going to have a new website whenever the main sponsor changes ? Surely there is opportunity to incorporate all the branding and sponsorship details, merchandise etc within the current website? 

When I wanted to find out details of other clubs, I just Googled, "Kent Speedway", "Stoke Speedway", "Plymouth Speedway" etc and immediately got to the club website.

They did make a big announcement across social media about the website and change of colours when it happened.

Woofers makes a very valid point.  The club MUST be bigger than the sponsor and the club website needs to be accessed in the

simplest way  ie  XYZ Speedway and Bingo you're in the site.