British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

18 hours ago, stevec said:

They did make a big announcement across social media about the website and change of colours when it happened.

Which is great if you're signed up to social media, Facebook, Twitter, etc I suppose.  I'm not.

Sure, move forward and try to  appeal to a 'new wave' of supporters but don't forget or alienate those who chose not to live their lives on mobile phones. Those of us who have supported the club for many years, through season ticket purchases and contributions to various initiatives and funds would like to think we are still valued, and should be communicated to appropriately.

Do we have any idea, or would like hazard a guess, at what proportion of the current Arlington crowd are active social media users?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, woofers said:

Which is great if you're signed up to social media, Facebook, Twitter, etc I suppose.  I'm not.

Sure, move forward and try to  appeal to a 'new wave' of supporters but don't forget or alienate those who chose not to live their lives on mobile phones. Those of us who have supported the club for many years, through season ticket purchases and contributions to various initiatives and funds would like to think we are still valued, and should be communicated to appropriately.

Do we have any idea, or would like hazard a guess, at what proportion of the current Arlington crowd are active social media users?

Woofers has a very valid point. How many of the Eastbourne faithful are even aware of the colour scheme change? Id imagine there will be some die hard supporters who will be quite upset about a neon green eagle

I have had my own website re-built and whilst it was under construction you would not find it. 

The new website is secure ( a new requirement ) and mobile friendly.

The old site is still in operation but I would assume will be directed to the new one when it is officially launched.

Edited by sussex bulldog

On 23/02/2018 at 10:26 AM, woofers said:

Where do you look for Eastie news? It was in their website, they made a press release to the likes of the Sports Argus and on social media. Noit trying to pick an argument but I am not sure what else they could have done. BBC certainly would not do anything on it!

1 hour ago, stevec said:

Where do you look for Eastie news? It was in their website, they made a press release to the likes of the Sports Argus and on social media. Noit trying to pick an argument but I am not sure what else they could have done. BBC certainly would not do anything on it!

Well I look on the Eastie website. And I know about the change of colours, I know about the change of sponsor from IT First to FormanIT, it's in the News bit dated 14 December.

But I'm still not seeing anything about a new, dedicated website - I see a reference to a new, dedicated trackshop, both online and off line, but believed this to be something that would be incorporated within the aptly named Eastbourneeagles.co website.

As before, feel free to ping me the bit about, and link to, a new website.

On 26/02/2018 at 5:44 PM, woofers said:

Well I look on the Eastie website. And I know about the change of colours, I know about the change of sponsor from IT First to FormanIT, it's in the News bit dated 14 December.

But I'm still not seeing anything about a new, dedicated website - I see a reference to a new, dedicated trackshop, both online and off line, but believed this to be something that would be incorporated within the aptly named Eastbourneeagles.co website.

As before, feel free to ping me the bit about, and link to, a new website.

https://www.formaniteagles.co.uk/fixtures/

Gonna miss our away NT fixture as in Warsaw which is a shame. Win lose or draw always an enjoyable night at Arlington.

21 hours ago, M.D said:

Thanks for that, although I think you may have misunderstood my request.

I know about, and have looked at, the new website, this was covered in some earlier posts.

What I was asking for, was with reference to the announcement made in December about the change in colours and sponsor, and which other posters have said included mention of a new website, or a link from the old one - I still can't see this and none of the earlier posters have put up details of such.

My beef is the perceived requirement for a new website altogether - what was wrong with the old one ?

On 01/03/2018 at 6:25 PM, woofers said:

Thanks for that, although I think you may have misunderstood my request.

I know about, and have looked at, the new website, this was covered in some earlier posts.

What I was asking for, was with reference to the announcement made in December about the change in colours and sponsor, and which other posters have said included mention of a new website, or a link from the old one - I still can't see this and none of the earlier posters have put up details of such.

My beef is the perceived requirement for a new website altogether - what was wrong with the old one ?

Mmmm, I must admit, it is missing from this link but was mentioned elsewhere. Could be it was simply left out or an issue with promoting a new website on the old one?  http://www.eastbourneeagles.co/news.php?extend.1174.1

As for you question about why the new website, I kind of agree, why not just rebrand the old one? I am guessing its easier to buid a new one so they can keep the old one running or maybe, they are using someone else to build the new site. Could also be that the old website does not lend itself to the rebranding I often aurgue the need for new website and things, including my own company, I was outvoted on changing and rebranding our company website and making it 'mobile friendly' but I do get the augument that if you dont keep with the times, you start to look dated.

Personally, I just want to see the Eagles riding as a team at Arlo for as long as I am fit enough to attend. If the management deem certain cganges are worthy to keep things going, I will always support that.

As much as I am a tranditionalist, I am nt a great fan of blue and yellow together as colours anyway.......ooops, did I say that out loud!

I assume that as our new main sponsor is a competing IT company in the previous one,  they would want to put their own stamp on a totally new website as it is part of what they do as a business, although I seem to remember seeing that both companies maybe owned by the same people, but imagine they'd still want to freshen the website up a bit. 

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

........ , but imagine they'd still want to freshen the website up a bit. 

Yep, that's my point, I thought they would freshen up the existing website, the one everyone knows and goes to for info.....

27 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

Both companies are owned by Paul Goldsmith, just promoting his other company.

And we are grateful for his enthusiasm and sponsorship. But he doesn't own the Eastbourne Eagles, and really how many fans will be customers of Forman IT? Maybe there are some corporation tax reasons behind this.

On 03/03/2018 at 5:37 PM, woofers said:

And we are grateful for his enthusiasm and sponsorship. But he doesn't own the Eastbourne Eagles, and really how many fans will be customers of Forman IT? Maybe there are some corporation tax reasons behind this.

Cannot  believe there's any commercial gain for Paul Goldsmith and  his companies with speedway sponsorship. I don't know  him personally, but everything you hear about him is that he is a true speedway fan. I just think we're so lucky that he's an Eastie supporter. He may not own the club, but I seriously doubt there would be any speedway at Arlington without his involvement. Regarding the website, the old one was beginning to look a bit tired, and I'm sure when the new one's completed will look more up to date.