British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

18 hours ago, gee jay said:

i guess because of the kent posponement this seems to have been arranged at very short notice as i was at the last home meeting and nobody said anything about it . hope there's a decent crowd as some , including us , have made other plans.

I bet some don’t even know it’s on. 

Who does your website it's rubbish ? I only want to look at your results this season and who's been scoring the points it's bloody impossible so have up...

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Who does your website it's rubbish ? I only want to look at your results this season and who's been scoring the points it's bloody impossible so have up...

Difficult to disagree with you.

All part of the re-branding, new colours, racesuits, name, etc. etc. almost everything was thrown out, (including those running the track shop and the tea, coffee and snacks outlets). Only the burger and chips concessions are the same as last year. 

Have just seen the x ray of Charley Powells shoulder, looks a bad break so assume he'll be out for quite a while. Any thoughts on what we're likely to do? The dreaded r/r until he can return? Is George Hunter still wanting to ride speedway, or is he giving it a miss this year? Maybe a decent replacement, and seem to remember he was marrying into the Dugard family? 

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Have just seen the x ray of Charley Powells shoulder, looks a bad break so assume he'll be out for quite a while. Any thoughts on what we're likely to do? The dreaded r/r until he can return? Is George Hunter still wanting to ride speedway, or is he giving it a miss this year? Maybe a decent replacement, and seem to remember he was marrying into the Dugard family? 

If Hunter is wanting to ride he has to be the better option because after the averages change if we use r/r, Edwards can only have one of those rides with the other three rides shared between Dugard and Brooks which could be very risky especially away from home.

7 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

If Hunter is wanting to ride he has to be the better option because after the averages change if we use r/r, Edwards can only have one of those rides with the other three rides shared between Dugard and Brooks which could be very risky especially away from home.

Couldn't agree more, long term r/r never really works. Be okay until the first green sheet changes, but not beyond. 

• Like 2

Well apparently Charley's going to have the shoulder plated and hopes to be riding by mid June.

Underestimated the toughness of speedway riders again, although hope he doesn't rush back too soon. 

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Well apparently Charley's going to have the shoulder plated and hopes to be riding by mid June.

Underestimated the toughness of speedway riders again, although hope he doesn't rush back too soon. 

I wonder if that’s influenced by there not being a suitable replacement. 

On 5/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

On 5/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Go on the updates.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Go on the updates.

Under Eastbourne will only have there home meetings...

Just now, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Under Eastbourne will only have there home meetings...

Very easy to get all the fixtures up all leagues most teams in the NL have only had about four away meeting's.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Very easy to get all the fixtures up all leagues most teams in the NL have only had about four away meeting's.

It's not i would have to trial and error each team as i don't know who they have faced  then work out the date order of all the fixtures so much more of a pain . One click on most clubs website and there all listed there for you no problems 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

It's not i would have to trial and error each team as i don't know who they have faced  then work out the date order of all the fixtures so much more of a pain . One click on most clubs website and there all listed there for you no problems 

Get all the  NL fixtures up they are available and you only have to find about three away dates go on updates everything is there.God if you go on updates and went through every club  away that would take you five minutes tops.

Edited by Sidney the robin

On 5/30/2018 at 2:01 PM, Islander15 said:

I wonder if that’s influenced by there not being a suitable replacement. 

Dan Greenwood? George Hunter? If done before average drops. If we dont sort of shooting ourselves in the foot