British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Any new club will provide him with a bike if they want him that badly?

Depends if they can afford it. 

I heard from a friendly source, that his old man Martin and his older brother wanted him out for a while now. I've been to Arlinggton many times all they do is argue. They don't like the prospect of Mildenhall being all conquering this year in the league. So we heard rumours there were plans to change team for a while now.They just want the league now. They have a good chance. If they steer clear of injuries. Although I think it's still Mildenhalls title. Terrible not having a meeting all this time. Obviously not good planning by them, but they will have their reason or excuses no doubt. Good luck to all

On 7/28/2018 at 5:51 PM, Hunters said:

I think it goes back 2 or 3 years.   Kelsey never seemed to come to terms with his step brother (soon to be?)  Tom Brennan being so much better than him.

I recall him saying something about he could have done more if he received the help Tom had. He has been given several opportunities but it would seem he couldn't lose the chip on his shoulder and things have come to a head.   Shame really,  back in 2015 he looked to have a lot of potential.

Looking from the outside what more help could he want? His family own Arlington so presumably he could practice whenever he wanted and he was riding equipment provided I just don’t think he’s good enough imo. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, eaglesno1 said:

Ethan Spiller signed at reserve, replacing Kelsey as he is relocating up north to set up a business and be with is girlfriend.

Herr Ethan von Spiller? The same one that rides in Germany on a German license and has represented Germany on occasions in junior tournaments over on the continent?

So much for needing British credentials in the NL.

30 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Herr Ethan von Spiller? The same one that rides in Germany on a German license and has represented Germany on occasions in junior tournaments over on the continent?

Here we go again!    After all the information on here you still insist on being unpleasant.   Just to refresh your memory.  Born in England to British parents, Father's job takes him to Germany supporting B A O R and he takes his family with him ( under the wonderful EU freedom of movement?)  Only chance to ride speedway is with German Licence which has absolutely nothing to do with nationality.   Of course has British Passport and no doubt by now a British ACU racing licence. Fits the criteria completely to race NL.  All this stuff was trawled through some years ago with Daniel.

I can draw a parallel.  My company sent me to Africa with my family when my children were 2 years 9 months and just 9 months old,  I was there for 11 years before returning home.   Your telling me that they do not have British credentials?   Get real.

As has been said the same situation applied to Adam Ellis who did so much to help Birmingham land the 2015 title. Nothing was objected to in Birmingham I wonder why?  (No disrespect to Adam who did a great job for us in 2016       

• Like 3

Is the hot dog van at Eastbourne now going to start selling Bratwurst and Sauerkraut? :D

14 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Is the hot dog van at Eastbourne now going to start selling Bratwurst and Sauerkraut? :D

Probably good old English tripe.The sort you come out with :P

• Like 2

The Kelsey Dugard that apparently doesn’t want to ride on the south coast as he lives in Newcastle now, has signed for Plymouth!!  :blink:

Edited by Islander15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The Kelsey Dugard that apparently doesn’t want to ride on the south coast as he lives in Newcastle now, has signed for Plymouth!!  :blink:

I think the wording in the press release that was telling was "As a result, speedway isn’t that high on his priorities anymore" im not sure that Kelsey specifically wanted to stop riding but the family felt he wasn't giving it the required level of effort. That said Plymouth is an insane choice for a Newcastle based rider but perhaps were the only club to offer equipment as part of the deal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

There are quite a number of people who have handed in their notice at work, then changed their mind, only to be told: too late, we have made other arrangements.

Guest GiveusaB

Tom Brennan riding for us tonight ! :D:t:

Guest GiveusaB
23 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Lets just face it...Eastbourne have a better manager than us and pull better strings !

Well done Eastbourne management, if only 'we' were as wise!

Love him or loathe him, Bob Dugard was Mr Eastbourne and will be sorely missed.  Always made me chuckle when he was more concerned with his beloved air fence than the rider who'd just destroyed it.  He was also faster in that tractor of his than some of the dodgy reserves we had over the years.  RIP Bob.

• Like 3

I don’t think Eastbourne will win at Mildenhall, but could they cause an upset on a aggregate score meeting with Spiller at reserve against Mildenhall with no out an out reserve now?