British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

6 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Maybe just coincidence but Eastbourne and Birmingham seem to be the only NL sides who have updated their website with the AGM statement..

And where is Mr Cook going now with no Lakeside and He loves Championship standard racing ?

6 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Heard you've already signed Nicholls and Kennet for next season.

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Birmingham seem a given to move up but are Eastbourne being given time to get things in order?!

Hope so.

21 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Maybe just coincidence but Eastbourne and Birmingham seem to be the only NL sides who have updated their website with the AGM statement..

You would have thought most clubs would publish a statement from the BSPA on their own website.

Seems the sensible thing for Eastbourne to move up and continue supporting Tom through his career development.  It's always been a family club that look after their own, and there are half the team that would need to go if they don't step up.  I can't imagine any profit/loss will be much more painful than National League?

Tom Brennan has started his Australian tour in good fashion.  On the podium at Mildura (Cam Woodwards home track?) He fished 3rd behind J Stewart and Justin Sedgeman with Zach Waj in 4th. A good start indeed on a strange track.   

I have mixed feelings about moving up to CL. Whilst not really in favour I have to say that the prospect of a probable return of Bradley Wilson Dean and who knows even perhaps Adam Ellis, Eddie Kennett and Scott Nicholls with Tom and Georgie as reserves does bear thinking about. 

If we stay NL we have to face the possibility of a low points limit and only being able to keep Tom, Charlie Brooks and Jason Edwards.

• Like 2

I  think eastie are almost forced to go up in a way, they've done the trick in this league ,cant see many sides in the ndl next yr  either

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

They're not eligible for NL.  

But they would if they go up to Champ.

Would make sense as both live fairly local which would suit both.  One team who could juggle ok with the new 38 point team limit is Eastbourne. Some good NL youngsters coming through so could combine some decent heat leader types with some of these good young riders who would get low GSA's coming up from NL.

Every team in Champ needs to do some trimming and for some its major surgery to get down to 38 points. Eastbourne have young Brennan & Edwards coming through who could possibly hold their own in Champ as for sure other clubs will be having to use low av riders to get within the 38 point limit. Meaning poss plenty of races between low av riders plus importantly good experience for the younger guys. As well as allowing to make the team stronger in the top half.

19 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

But they would if they go up to Champ.

Yes, if they had chosen to go up.  

But when it's revealed that Eastbourne aren't moving up, it'll show that the person claiming that they've already signed NIcholls and Kennett was just telling porkies.

4 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

But when it's revealed that Eastbourne aren't moving up, it'll show that the person claiming that they've already signed NIcholls and Kennett was just telling porkies.

How do you know that they aren't going up?

31 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

How do you know that they aren't going up?

Unless he's prepared to give his source, he doesn't.  It's just as much hearsay and speculation as any other posts about next season at this point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

I know you can't garuntee anything in speedway even after it's official. But I think you can take it to the bank that Eastbourne are going up, Cook is going back, and that Brennan will almost certainly be first rider on the team sheet. And I can't help feel they will want to try and include Baseby and Wood too.

16 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Eagles moving up with Cook and Brum with Mason.

What are you on about ???????