British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Don't know why either club is waiting tbh, everyone knows who it is. 

One issue I take from that article is around cost cutting, surely the same amount of points are on offer, so even than average was 25 points, the winning team is still gonna score 46 points plus.

Any other signing on payments etc are entirely at the club's discretion, so they will still spend as much or more then they can afford to get the best riders to fit the new average.

The only way to reduce costs for clubs is to reduce costs for riders.

Everybody knows who it is, you say. 

Could everybody be wrong?

There's obviously a reason why there has been no announcement.

Maybe things are not as straightforward as they appear from the outside.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, Wolfie456 said:

Heard you've already signed Nicholls and Kennet for next season.

Whoever told you that put 2 and 2 together and made five.

think it was just an assumption based on Scott moving to Sussex

Alleged signing of Nicholls now announced at Leicester. Be interesting to see who the Eagles retain from last year but congratulations on another NL title for 2019.

Edit. Begger it Weston beat me to it.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

In case Eastbourne do go up next year can anyone enlighten me as to how  conversion rates apply.  For example do new boys like Tom Brennan come in at 2.0 and would Georgie Wood be 2.32 for his Sheffield rides last year?

I would also like to know which average applies to someone like Connor Mountain whose average in both PL and CL was similar last year , PL x 1.5 is a fair bit higher than his CL average  .   This also applies to BWD who had 5.0 in the PL and 5.7 in the CL, on standard conversion this would make almost 2 points difference (7.5 to 5.7).    

34 minutes ago, Hunters said:

In case Eastbourne do go up next year can anyone enlighten me as to how  conversion rates apply.  For example do new boys like Tom Brennan come in at 2.0 and would Georgie Wood be 2.32 for his Sheffield rides last year?

I would also like to know which average applies to someone like Connor Mountain whose average in both PL and CL was similar last year , PL x 1.5 is a fair bit higher than his CL average  .   This also applies to BWD who had 5.0 in the PL and 5.7 in the CL, on standard conversion this would make almost 2 points difference (7.5 to 5.7).    

Any new riders, like Tom, do come in on a 2.00 and any riders that gained a Championship average last year keep that average. It is only if a Premiership rider that didn't have a Championship average last year that has their Premiership average x1.5 if they want to double down.

Edited by eaglesno1

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Shame about scott would have been a great number 1

Probably a bit pricey for the Eagles!