British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

Eastbourne Speedway will stage one of the British Under-21 semi-finals on April 7.

The top seven riders will go forward to the final at Birmingham.

The other-semi-final is at Newcastle.

Line-up for the Arlington meeting is to be confirmed but the Forman IT Eagles have a number of candidates from this year’s team: Tom Brennan, Kelsey Dugard, Jason Edwards and Charlie Brooks.

Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley have been seeded direct to the final.

Eastbourne open their season with the Forman IT Eagles v the IT First Eagles.

The match, which was planned for the end of last season, will now be run in memory of clerk of the course, Malcolm Cole, who died a few weeks after racing in 2017 ended.

The IT First Eagles team is set to contain a number of ex-Eastbourne riders and will be on March 24.

Earlier in the day the club’s official press and practice session will be held.

Sandwiching the opener and the Under-21 semi-final will be a friendly against Kent in the second leg of the Easter Chase on March 31.

Excellent way to open the season representing a man that devoted his life to the eagles 

Eastbourne track staff meeting is on Sunday, 10am, stadium. They are looking for more track staff, especially for the centre green.

Go to meeting if you can help.

The Web site says March 31st for the second leg of the Easter Chase which is Easter  Saturday instead of the normal home and away on Good Friday the 30th.

Is this certain or a typing error ?  I need to know in order to fit another engagement in and Speedway comes first.

Perhaps anyone attending the Staff meeting Sunday could ask the question in case it is a typo.

It's Saturday--not a typo. Been confirmed on social media as well by Connor.

Won't be able to do that opening away meeting now then, such a shame always great for 2 meetings in 1 day.

I think that it's brilliant that two local rivals should be friendly enough to help out with a change of race day like this.

Speedway needs more such co-operation....well done to the Eastie management.

I thought this would be why when I originally saw the race days first announced as we had first leg but was always to late for return at Kent as wouldnt be able to start intill too late.

Eastbourne's fixture list sounds impressive and as a Hammers fan with a strong liking of the National League, I can see myself making

quite a few visits to Arlington as well as Sittingbourne for the Kings matches this year. I will be particularly interested in watching the progress of

Brooks and Edwards ( great prospect this one) for Eastie and Clouting and Spooner for Kent. Between these two teams, the 4 riders I've mentioned

hold the key to success or failure IMO. Fascinating.

I believe so I think he rides at the poultry scheme, and listening to the speedway podcast featuring David Mason and Connor Dugard the Eastbourne team are heading to March this month for practice