British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

On 8/12/2018 at 9:51 PM, TurnTwo said:

I don’t think Eastbourne will win at Mildenhall, but could they cause an upset on a aggregate score meeting with Spiller at reserve against Mildenhall with no out an out reserve now? 

After Spiller, Mildenhall currently have the 2nd and 3rd best reserve in the league. 

strange tweet on martin dugard's twitter page . seems like he's a bit miffed that no one has noticed his new white fence , never mind complimenting him on it . it appears to make the track bigger but isn't that dangerous with some of the reserves in the N.L. oh well , it shouldn't be brilliant white for too long then.

Edited by gee jay

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

After Spiller, Mildenhall currently have the 2nd and 3rd best reserve in the league. 

At Mildenhall yes, but at Eastbourne? 

4 hours ago, gee jay said:

strange tweet on martin dugard's twitter page . seems like he's a bit miffed that no one has noticed his new white fence , never mind complimenting him on it . it appears to make the track bigger but isn't that dangerous with some of the reserves in the N.L. oh well , it shouldn't be brilliant white for too long then.

I'm not on twitter but the regulars I attend with did notice the boards. The are black on the inside, white on the outside, and possibly a few inches higher than the previous one's and look very smart. Maybe someone could appease Martin by copying this post.

I don't use twitter, was the new fence there on Saturday? If so I did not notice it (and no-one I was with did either to my knowledge...)

Edited by Mike.Butler

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

I don't use twitter, was the new fence there on Saturday? If so I did not notice it (and no-one I was with did either to my knowledge...)

I'm with you Mike, no one mentioned it.

How can they afford it running one meeting in 6 weeks!

The track against Plymouth was the best I’ve seen and produced good fair racing allowing both sets of riders a chance at this level.

2 hours ago, GWC said:

How can they afford it running one meeting in 6 weeks!

The track against Plymouth was the best I’ve seen and produced good fair racing allowing both sets of riders a chance at this level.

Probably out of Martin's own pocket (or Dugard Machine Tools) I  expect, probably why he was a bit upset !

Tbf, with already dwindling crowds, I would of thought that criticising the fans they still have, would be the last thing the promoter would be doing..

The thing is, a lot of people's thoughts were with the passing of the late Bob Dugard. Paying tribute to Bob was far more important than new fence panels.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake

Think with most things in life, people only pass comment on the stuff that's wrong, when the public aren't commenting on something then you 've got that bit right.

Just seen on our website that were doing the double header Saturday with no Baseby or Powell due to pre arranged holidays, using rider replacement and Kelsey at No2, moving Edwards to No4. One would still think we've enough to beat both the IOW and Stoke, but Max Clegg is doing both meetings and seems to have hit a bit of form, would only take an injury and we could be in trouble. Because of the decision not to run more meetings in the summer, and somehow Powell and Baseby  being on holiday the same weekend, one slip up now and we won't be in the playoffs. We've gambled with getting fixtures completed since we've  been in this league so it may  finally come  back to bite us . Obviously hope it's not the case, although would probably save us being runners up in the league again!

• Like 1