British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

But I think you can take it to the bank that Eastbourne are going up,

Please tell me where you bank, so I can go somewhere else!

I'd prefer a bank closer to Birmingham or Sittingbourne, where my money is safe

13 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Please tell me where you bank, so I can go somewhere else!

I'd prefer a bank closer to Birmingham or Sittingbourne, where my money is safe

You still haven't answered the question of how you know when nothing has been announced yet???

Edited by eaglesno1

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

You still haven't answered the question of how you know when nothing has been announced yet???

Do not take any notice of him,he is just wasting eveyones time.

I have an email from KK that says it is Eagles and Brum.

Just disappointed that Kent will be left in a poor NL,which will be no better than SDL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Do not take any notice of him,he is just wasting eveyones time.

I have an email from KK that says it is Eagles and Brum.

Just disappointed that Kent will be left in a poor NL,which will be no better than SDL.

With kents fan base and excellent stadium facilities, they should be racing at a higher level. You can only tread water for so long before the public lose interest. If kent and Eastie race on the same night next year, I'm more likely to be heading for sussex.

If Eastie are moving up, you would expect Jon Cook to return to run the team and bring in some former Hammers to spear head the team.  Lawson, Ellis, Kennett must be possibilities to fill a couple of heat leader spots.  Cook knows Jason Edwards very well after years at Arena together and Brennan would be an automatic choice at reserve.

Got to agree with Cliv Clav. I can see the now unemployed  Jon Cook doing a deal with his good friends at Eastbourne as Team Manager and bringing the nucleus of the now defunct Lakeside team to bring the Eagles up to Championship standard. All of Eastbourne’s assets were signed over to Lakeside for “safe keeping” after the NL banned clubs holing rider assets so Eastbourne would appear to have a competitive side at least at Arlington. 

As a TM Cook used to be OK, but IMO out of his depth as a “ co promoter” at Lakeside. Maybe a return to the Sussex coast away from the traffic jams of the Dartford Crosing will do him good.

46 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

With kents fan base and excellent stadium facilities, they should be racing at a higher level. You can only tread water for so long before the public lose interest. If kent and Eastie race on the same night next year, I'm more likely to be heading for sussex.

I have said this for years.But Club still in third tier????? I have already aired my opinion on this matter.

Personally I hope that Kent DO remain in the National League.  I visit quite often during the season, just as I also visit Arlington.

I enjoy the racing at both venues without supporting either team.  Reason is that I can sit in reasonable comfort at both places which

is essential for older people like me.  And I like watching the development of youngsters which is why I like the NL.  All the nonsense 

I keep reading on this forum about which teams and riders are moving this way or that IS just nonsense until it is a fact. I do not think

anyone who posts on here knows any more than I do about the given situation.....it's all just guesswork.....good fun though...keep it up ! 

A six or seven team National League is gonna be the beginning of the end of Kent I fear, hopefully Len sees sense and tries to join Brum and Eastbourne going up this year.

8 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

A six or seven team National League is gonna be the beginning of the end of Kent I fear, hopefully Len sees sense and tries to join Brum and Eastbourne going up this year.

Not going to happen if email I (and others) receive from Len/KK is spot on.

Happy to stay in NL......do not get it myself????

Edited by blueherb777

2 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Not going to happen if email I (and others) receive from Len/KK is spot on.

Happy to stay in NL......do not get it myself????

Tbf that email is private and not for public knowledge, please don't keep posting the contents or we will lose the valuable resource.

3 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Tbf that email is private and not for public knowledge, please don't keep posting the contents or we will lose the valuable resource.

Is it private?  

Thought it just gave some news on Club.....as lets face it the Club Website does not.

14 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Is it private?  

Thought it just gave some news on Club.....as lets face it the Club Website does not.

Yes it is, hence it is not on the club website!