British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

Well I do not get the private mails from Len Silver, but do get letters from Swale Council advising me of planning applications from the Speedway, having previously written to the council supporting Kent Speedway planning application.

There has been a further planning application to allow speedway on Fridays. 

At present they they can only race on Mondays , with a curfew I believe at 8.30pm. Without the ability to race on a Friday Kent cannot run in the Championship. With the planning application still to be heard, surely Roger Cearns would not pre empt the councils decision by declaring to race in the Championship?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Well I do not get the private mails from Len Silver, but do get letters from Swale Council advising me of planning applications from the Speedway, having previously written to the council supporting Kent Speedway planning application.

At present they they can only race on Mondays , with a curfew I believe at 8.30pm. Without the ability to race on a Friday Kent cannot run in the Championship. With the planning application still to be heard, surely Roger Cearns would not pre empt the councils decision by declaring to race in the Championship?

Fridays would suit me more than saturdays. No clash with Eastie, football or the GP's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PF1IT2TYMVN00

Hmm...………..once a week with additional time on Fridays and Saturdays :unsure:

Its interesting reading some of the objections - they seem to believe there will be speedway 6 days a week :rofl:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Fridays would suit me more than saturdays. No clash with Eastie, football or the GP's.

does your family and friends see much of you  ?:blink:  

21 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Morris Ellis Lawson Brennan Wood Edwards Powell Bowtell

morris ellis and lawson signed for polish teams would be a absolute disaster 

21 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Think Scott Nicholls must be in with a shout of a team place now he has moved house to Brighton 

On 11/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Blimey bob you had talked sense and logic until now then put Powell in a championship line up :rofl:

If indeed it is Championship for Eagles next year then I can see Tom Brennan at IOW next year possibly with Edwards and Brooks. What a shot in the arm for the Warriors who really deserve it.    I don't think the usual dislike for doubling up at Arlington would apply now that they are in the Championship and they would have first claim. Thursday night at IOW fits well and with good organisation Tom would be available for all IOW home matches and away Saturday's could be arranged for weeks when Eagles are free. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hunters said:

If indeed it is Championship for Eagles next year then I can see Tom Brennan at IOW next year possibly with Edwards and Brooks. What a shot in the arm for the Warriors who really deserve it.    I don't think the usual dislike for doubling up at Arlington would apply now that they are in the Championship and they would have first claim. Thursday night at IOW fits well and with good organisation Tom would be available for all IOW home matches and away Saturday's could be arranged for weeks when Eagles are free. 

It would certainly be a strong benefit for both sides if a tie up could be reached BUT IOW are their own people and im certain they have riders in mind they would like next year (although Brennan, Brooks & Edwards would all flourish there). The latter two are certainly likeable riders and im certain Brennan is although he has started to show a petulant streak that would not fit well with the the Warriors ethos.

However given the potential lack of clubs and therefore surplus of riders it may well be the case that doubling up/down from the NL is outlawed at the AGM this year?

Quote from Alex Harkness on the Edinburgh Evening news site .

The Championship division next season will boast 12 teams including Leicester and Somerset, who have dropped down from the Premiership and will be joined by Eastbourne and Birmingham, who move up from the National League.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/monarchs/edinburgh-monarchs-chief-s-vow-after-points-limit-is-slashed-1-4831611

2 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Quote from Alex Harkness on the Edinburgh Evening news site .

The Championship division next season will boast 12 teams including Leicester and Somerset, who have dropped down from the Premiership and will be joined by Eastbourne and Birmingham, who move up from the National League.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/monarchs/edinburgh-monarchs-chief-s-vow-after-points-limit-is-slashed-1-4831611

Rather looks like the Edinburgh Evening News is saying that and not Harkness. 

Don't know why either club is waiting tbh, everyone knows who it is. 

One issue I take from that article is around cost cutting, surely the same amount of points are on offer, so even than average was 25 points, the winning team is still gonna score 46 points plus.

Any other signing on payments etc are entirely at the club's discretion, so they will still spend as much or more then they can afford to get the best riders to fit the new average.

The only way to reduce costs for clubs is to reduce costs for riders.