British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Are We Seeing The Beginning Of The Demise Of The Tory Party?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jrs said:

Chris Bryant sums it up nicely

Ah yes the narcisstic ex- priest Chris Bryant who stood up in the Commons and under the protection of Parliamentary privilege, claimed that in 2018  Nigel Farage  had been paid £548,000 by Russia today (not that that's a crime in itself ) and wanted Farage sanctioned,.

Farage has publicly denied the claim and challenged Bryant to repeat outside the Commons whereupon he, Farage will sue Bryant.. He also called Bryant a liar several times  and says he recieved nothing from RT in 2018 and says the £548,000 was the amount his company received from all sources including his show on LBC . He denies having received anything from RT.

It seems to me that if Bryant is telling the truth , and has evidence , then he can sue Farage and take him to the cleaners  for calling him a liar and other things, but if Farage is telling the truth then it is Bryant that will be sued for a lot of money.

Bryant has run away and hid under the stones, refusing to come out and repeat his claim without Parliamentary privilege. If he doesn't, then Farage's claim that Bryant  is a Liar continues to stand. Farage is not everyone's cup of tea but like every other member of the public he is entitled to defend himself against false allegations  from the likes of this cowardly expenses fiddler  Bryant, hiding behind Parliamentary privilege.

Nigel Farage responds to Chris Bryant's lies. - Bing video

Edited by E I Addio

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

What I do expect though, is for those making the law to set an example and follow it. 

At least two Tory , two :Labour and one SNP MP  broke the lockdown rules long before partygate and got away with it (and that's just the ones we know about.  I don't know whether you think they should have been prosecuted or not  but I would have said the law should be applied equally to everyone.

• Like 3

Terrible how these Downing St. staffers were held in a locked room and force fed food and drink.

32 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Ah yes the narcisstic ex- priest Chris Bryant who stood up in the Commons and under the protection of Parliamentary privilege, claimed that in 2018  Nigel Farage  had been paid £548,000 by Russia today (not that that's a crime in itself ) and wanted Farage sanctioned,.

Farage has publicly denied the claim and challenged Bryant to repeat outside the Commons whereupon he, Farage will sue Bryant.. He also called Bryant a liar several times  and says he recieved nothing from RT in 2018 and says the £548,000 was the amount his company received from all sources including his show on LBC . He denies having received anything from RT.

It seems to me that if Bryant is telling the truth , and has evidence , then he can sue Farage and take him to the cleaners  for calling him a liar and other things, but if Farage is telling the truth then it is Bryant that will be sued for a lot of money.

Bryant has run away and hid under the stones, refusing to come out and repeat his claim without Parliamentary privilege. If he doesn't, then Farage's claim that Bryant  is a Liar continues to stand. Farage is not everyone's cup of tea but like every other member of the public he is entitled to defend himself against false allegations  from the likes of this cowardly expenses fiddler  Bryant, hiding behind Parliamentary privilege.

Nigel Farage responds to Chris Bryant's lies. - Bing video

Sadly you are typical of brown nosing sycophantic Tories.  You might think you are  clever trying to make a distracting comments about a raving looney, but people have got your number by now. Expect you'll be defending a local Essex MP very soon .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:rofl:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jrs said:

Sadly you are typical of brown nosing sycophantic Tories.  You might think you are  clever trying to make a distracting comments about a raving looney, but people have got your number by now. Expect you'll be defending a local Essex MP very soon .

Afraid not .I don’t think it lies in your mouth to describe anyone as being brown nosing or sycophantic but from being distracting I am simply giving balancing to they OTT comments of someone who is after all a rather nasty piece of work who was ahead of the game in fiddling his expenses, whose comments you associate yourself with. Sue Green was the investigating officer and I see no reason to dispute her findings.

It might be better idea if we wait till one of the local MPs says or does something of national interest before guessing what I may or may not say about them

9 hours ago, jrs said:

Sadly you are typical of brown nosing sycophantic Tories.  

Says the poster who slates anything Tory because of who they are not what they say or do and agrees with anything said by Labour because of who they are not what they say or do :rolleyes:

People like yourself have taken over 'left wing' politics and are the reason working class people like me who should be confirmed Labour voters cannot back the party. You are not only unwilling to consider any other point of view but try to shut down anybody disagreeing with you on the grounds that they must obviously be wrong on every subject.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vince said:

People like yourself have taken over 'left wing' politics and are the reason working class people like me who should be confirmed Labour voters cannot back the party. You are not only unwilling to consider any other point of view but try to shut down anybody disagreeing with you on the grounds that they must obviously be wrong on every subject.

People like yourself have taken over ‘right wing’ politics and are the reason people like me who should be confirmed Tory voters cannot back the party. :D

It’s perfectly reasonable to hold the view that the current Tory Party is grossly incompetent, venal and has been hijacked by some appalling interests that are only interested in being able to continue to hide their tax avoided gains in tax havens whilst colluding with some thoroughly unpleasant state leaders. I’ve been around long enough to know that I’m not interested in trying to understand that point of view anymore or why some some think that behaviour should be excused because those not in government might be doing it too…

It’s high time there was a complete reset in British politics whereby there are parties you can vote for that serve your beliefs rather than what they can con the electorate into voting for. But that’s not likely to happen with a system that’s setup to maintain the interests of a couple of parties.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

I blame those that normally would have voted Labour but switched to Conservative due to Brexit  or because Boris promised to get  Brexit done.   I  have no time at all for Boris or some of the current Tory leadership , but  would say very much the same about Labour. 

5 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It’s high time there was a complete reset in British politics whereby there are parties you can vote for that serve your beliefs rather than what they can con the electorate into voting for. But that’s not likely to happen with a system that’s setup to maintain the interests of a couple of parties.

If we ignore the question of competence for a moment, it is only the Tories and Labour, that have the money, the facilities, the organisation, the back up and the general party machine to form a government . 

Now if we throw competence into the equation, there is no reason to believe that anyone else would be doing any better than Labour or the Tories. Who are the towering politicians in these other parties ? You only have to look at what happened to the CUKs.None of them are even in politics anymore, let alone in power. 

Look around the world . I can’t think of any significant democracy where it could be said that there is not huge divisions among its people, certainly not the USA or France.

If I may quote your own words back at you,  people get the governments they deserve. Well , we and most of the democratic world have got what we deserve.We have Governments that come from the people that elect them . There won’t be a government reset until there is a societal reset or change of attitude among people at large. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I blame those that normally would have voted Labour but switched to Conservative due to Brexit  or because Boris promised to get  Brexit done.   I  have no time at all for Boris or some of the current Tory leadership , but  would say very much the same about Labour. 

What about those who would normally have voted Labour but held their nose and voted Tory or some other party because they couldn’t stomach the thought of a Corbyn Government. ? ILabour suffered their biggest electoral defeat for generations, and it can’t all be laid at the door of Brexit, especially as Labour Policy at the time, under Corbyn was to go through the trauma of renegotiating terms and having another referendum. 

The straight choice was really Boris or Corbyn. Hobson’s choice perhaps, but it’s a choice many choose to forget. 

Edited by E I Addio

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

People like yourself have taken over ‘right wing’ politics and are the reason people like me who should be confirmed Tory voters cannot back the party. :D

If you read Vinces post carefully, he says that working class people like him are only voting Tory because people like jrs have taken over  Left wing politics.  jrs says I am a “typical brown nosed Tory sycophant”You are Iris have indicated that you like that comment , and in your case find it funny, not that I care what you think..Angela Rayner tells us Tories are “scum “One can see the sort of people she she gets it from . Perfectly decent Labour MP’ s such as Luciana Berger have been forced out by vitriolic attacks simply because she happens to be Jewish and the mainstream party stands by and let’s it happen . 

Maybe, just maybe , if Labour were to replace vitriolic language with policies people saw as sensible and practical they might win back the votes of Vince and people like him.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

What about those who would normally have voted Labour but held their nose and voted Tory or some other party because they couldn’t stomach the thought of a Corbyn Government. ? ILabour suffered their biggest electoral defeat for generations, and it can’t all be laid at the door of Brexit, especially as Labour Policy at the time, under Corbyn was to go through the trauma of renegotiating terms and having another referendum. 

The straight choice was really Boris or Corbyn. Hobson’s choice perhaps, but it’s a choice many choose to forget. 

There is no doubt that there will be many in the category you refer to. I remain convinced however  that whilst there were and are many who supported Brexit due to genuine and well reasoned views, the balance was tipped in favour of Brexit by immigration or to be more blunt "get rid of the foreigners". I suppose you are right in a way as I do not support Brexit but voted Conservative to keep Corbyn out.