8 Janowski
9..Pawliki
10. Lindgren

11..Holder

12 Hancock
13.Cook
14..Pederson

15.Laguta

As I said previously you cant just assume previous seasons form will translate into how it will go next year.

A lot of us thought Sayfutdinov & Zmarlik would be in top 3 this year. Few of us thought Holder or Lindback would drop out after their end to 2016. Likewise few thought Magic or Lindgren would do much this year...

Cook and Laguta biggest question marks. Yes wide assumption is they will be near the bottom but we shall see..

As always difficult to predict

1Dudek

2Woffinden

3Doyle

4Zmalik

I give up after that, I think Cook will have about 2 or 3 decent GPs but may struggle in the rest, Pedersen to have a bad year even though I would like him to be back to his best.

As for Hancock could be top three or struggle to make top eight!

Guest GiveusaB

I think the series looks weak compared to last year.

The top 5 look nailed on just trying to work out what order. Magic and Zagar look good for top 8 and then the other 8 all look like battling it for 8th.

1. DUDEK

2. DOYLE

3. ZMARZLIK

4. WOFFINDEN

5. SAYFUTDINOV

6. ZAGAR

7. JANOWSKI

8. HANCOCK

9. LINDGREN

10. VACULIK

11. LAGUTA

12. PAWLICKI

13. COOK

14. HOLDER

15. PEDERSEN

I agree with this prediction....but I'd swap Lingdren/Zagar round.....Freddie is definitely a top 8 rider barring injury imo.

Dudek

Zmarzlik

Woffinden

Doyle

Janowski

Sayfutdinov

Lindgren

Vaculik

Hancock

Zagar

Pawlicki

Laguta

Cook

Holder

Pedersen (injury)

Dudek

Zmarzlik

Woffinden

Doyle

Janowski

Sayfutdinov

Lindgren

Vaculik

Hancock

Zagar

Pawlicki

Laguta

Cook

Holder

Pedersen (injury)

Sounds about right and with Pedersen leaving in mid series with injury and Chris Holder retiring in disillusionment with his form.

Here goes........

1. Woffinden
2. Dudek
​3. Doyle
4. Sayfutdinov
5. Janowski
6. Zmarlik
7. Hancock
8. Lindgren
9. Zagar
10. Vaculick
11. Pawlicki
​12. Pedersen
​13. Holder
14. Laguta
15. Cook

Very hard as so many riders are closely matched. Could be 15 points covers 7th to 13th

1 Woffinden.

2. Doyle

3. Lindgren

4. Pedersen

5. Zagar

6. Dudek

7. Zmarksik

8. Emil

9. Janowski

10. Hancock

11. Vaculik

12. Laguta

13. Pawlicki

14. Holder

15. Cook

A fan of Cookie but he struggled big style in the SWC in Poland. If he gets off to a bad start I can see him temperament letting him down and having a hard time. He needs a good start in the first 2 GP's. Hancock goes down to 10th as he'll be riding 3rd tier Polish speedway so he'll lack the sharpness of old. But he does keep surprising. I'll give Pedersen a chance to shine in a few GP's. Holder to show 2017 was no fluke. Dudek to do the same as Zmartzik and have a worse year 2.

Injuries to play a big part probably but here's hoping all 15 stay fit for 12 GP's. Doubt that has ever happened..

Edited by Mark

Dont underestimate Laguta , he is a class act when he is up for it and he is a good gator too , I think top 5 for him , I think pedersen will make the top 8 but wont really be a title contender , Doyle zmarzlik and sayfutinov top 3 for me with zmarzlik coming out on top , with woffinden Hancock lindgren making up the top 8

My comment is also sort of linked to the "What If" thread......I'm not a huge Doyle fan but I don't think I've heard a lot of comments on just how dominant and consistent he really was. I didn't look it up but I think he only missed one final all season. If he had made five finals and won two events that in my opinion would have been respectable. It seems that many of us were disappointed with last years season and one reason is that every final that Doyle made kept another rider out (obviously) but things didn't get mixed up as much which would have made for a more interesting season. He just had an amazing season and my hats off to him.....if he rides anywhere near his 2017 season I can't see anyone catching him.

I really wasn't too disappointed this season.....we saw some great riding with a few surprises along the way and am looking forward to next year. I think Laguta will do better than some might expect and am glad to see him in there. I would swear off speedway for a year to see Emil win it all in 2018......a class act who I think added a lot to last season!

• Like 1

Dont underestimate Laguta , he is a class act when he is up for it and he is a good gator too , I think top 5 for him , I think pedersen will make the top 8 but wont really be a title contender , Doyle zmarzlik and sayfutinov top 3 for me with zmarzlik coming out on top , with woffinden Hancock lindgren making up the top 8

Lets see your 1-15.

Interesting that very few posters give Cook much of a chance of the top eight! Unless he does make a cracking start in the first two or three GPs he probably will flounder.

1. Doyle

2. Zmarszlik

3. Emil

4. Tai

5. Dudek

6. Janowski

7. Laguta

8. Lindgren

9. Hancock

10. Zagar

11. Holder

12. Pawlicki