8 Laguta

9 Zagar

10 Cook

11 Lindgren

12 Holder

13 Shamek

14 Vaculic

15 Pedersen

Cook will start slow but improve with every GP I'm sure.

• Like 1

Cook will have flaws at this level at least initially and I don't expect him to trouble the top eight, BUT he can gate which is absolutely vital. Certainly don't think he will be cannon fodder. If he can get some good kit under him he will be a nuisance and a spoiler at least. May even surprise us all and finish somewhere around midway in the series.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

Doyle

Woffy

Zagar

Dudek

Zmarzlik

Holder

Emil

Lindgren

Hanckok

Janowski

Vaculik

Pawlicki

Pedersen

Laguta

Cook

Cook will have flaws at this level at least initially and I don't expect him to trouble the top eight, BUT he can gate which is absolutely vital. Certainly don't think he will be cannon fodder. If he can get some good kit under him he will be a nuisance and a spoiler at least. May even surprise us all and finish somewhere around midway in the series.

Cook can gate,but 1st bends are pretty ruthless in GPs,better hope he is well clear IMO .

I hope that you are right as at his best Cook can be superb and be great to watch. Only he can crack the way that pressure seems to bear down on him. Making the top eight though seems very unlikely to me.

I hope that you are right as at his best Cook can be superb and be great to watch. Only he can crack the way that pressure seems to bear down on him. Making the top eight though seems very unlikely to me.

Agree totally.

Can see Cook being similar to say Batchelor when he was in the series. The odd semi , maybe even one blinding GP like Batch had, but ultimately will end up near the bottom end. Hopefully im wrong

• Like 1

Batch finished 9th in his first season above Lindgren and Iversen. Can see Cook finishing 10th plus or minus one.

Batch finished 9th in his first season above Lindgren and Iversen. Can see Cook finishing 10th plus or minus one.

Batch is a better rider than cook though. Certainly abroad

2018 CONTENDERS

Yet again a very strong list but over a full season and hoping all stay fit, I can only see five riders capable of winning the title with JASON DOYLE favourite due to consistent high scores and feel his strongest opponent will be TAI WOFFINDEN who has the right set up and team to win his third title and has the right attitude to do it again.

Then you have PATRYK DUDEK who had a great 2017 but the pressure did get to him in the run in while BARTOSZ ZMARZLIK came from a poor start to show his true form and like EMIL SAYFUTDINOV he can be unbeatable on his day. These are the five to lead the way.

So now we have who will finish top eight and this gets difficult as all are capable but if he is fully fit FREDRIK LINDGREN will be up there and MATEJ ZAGAR could be the main contenders along with MARTIN VACULIK.

GREG HANCOCK you should never write off but have a feeling this will be a year too far and just miss out while MACIEJ JANOWSKI like Greg could be up the top end but he just didn't seem with it at times last season and consistency could be the problem, however both are capable of finishing ahead of the three above.

ARTEM LAGUTA has always been a rider I have felt should have been here years ago at this level and think he will have some rounds where he does well, but think he will be the best of the rest while CHRIS HOLDER and NICKI PEDERSEN are the two riders I'm going to write off this year and will struggle in most rounds as will SHAMEK PAWLICKI while CRAIG COOK is the new Chris Harris and apart from the odd ride will be shown up for his lack of knowledge on how different riding abroad is compared to Britain. 

Podium - Woffinden, Zmarzlik, Doyle.
Top 8 - Sayfutdinov, Lindgren, Dudek, Janowski, Zagar
Close but... - Hancock, Vaculik
Also rans - Pedersen, Pawlicki, Laguta, Holder, Cook.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:
 while CRAIG COOK is the new Chris Harris and apart from the odd ride will be shown up for his lack of knowledge on how different riding abroad is compared to Britain. 

Of course beating the likes of Milik, Dudek, G Laguta, Pr Pawlicki, Fricke, Zagar and Kildemand in the qualifiers happened on those well known British tracks Lonigo, Terenzano and Togliatti.

The new Chris Harris? I'm sure Cook would be happy with a GP win and several more podium finishes

Edited by The Cheese
  • Like 3

This probably belongs in the betting section but this thread seems more active.  What would people choose at these odds please? 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Noodles

On 16 February 2018 at 2:50 PM, The Cheese said:

Of course beating the likes of Milik, Dudek, G Laguta, Pr Pawlicki, Fricke, Zagar and Kildemand in the qualifiers happened on those well known British tracks Lonigo, Terenzano and Togliatti.

The new Chris Harris? I'm sure Cook would be happy with a GP win and several more podium finishes

Dudek cruised through the rounds knowing he was already in. SHAMEK did what was required and qualified and Zagar also qualified while Fricke will have his day but had injuries last season and Kildemand does well to stay on his bike.

as for Cook will be happy with a GP win, I'm sure he will but it's the pointless rides leading upto and after that makes me think he will be the new Bomber as a rider not upto the standard of the others even though his duly qualified on merit.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:33 PM, Noodles said:

This probably belongs in the betting section but this thread seems more active.  What would people choose at these odds please? 

Capture.PNG

Zmarzlik and Tai for me

Emil could be good each way value at 16/1

I think the prices for Lindgren, Laguta and Holder are to short and no value at all

• Like 1

On 16/02/2018 at 2:50 PM, The Cheese said:

Exactly, how many riders would kill to have Bombers record? We love knocking a Brit, Andy Smith used to be mocked for his GP record, a record that saw him qualify year after year. Makes Bomber and Andy better than most will ever be.