British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Who Finishes Where 2018

NP flying, Fast Freddie Ditto. Doyley not looking too hot, Cookie, sadly having a very mediocre start...  Be interesting to see how it all goes May 12.;

Zmarslik for me, Freddie and Nicki have started the season well, but the form they have been on will be hard to keep up, not saying they have peaked too soon, but whilst Lindgrens odds have gone in to 5/2 with some bookies Zmarslik has been solid, and his odds have gone out, can see him getting a podium most GP's and he's had a bit more experience outside of Poland

The great thing for me though is in reality, there is at least 10 - 12 potential winners who you could argue for, I think the best Pawlicki is not in, Cook wont win it, Vaculik is injured but other than that it could be anyones

On 26/02/2018 at 10:18 AM, James Carter said:

I think Laguta is going to do a lot better than people expect particular on the Polish rounds. Doyle just to edge it again though but this time from Zmarslik

1   Doyle
2   Zmarzlik
3   Woffinden
4   Zagar
5   Dudek
6   Janowski
7   Satfutidnov
8   Laguta
9   Hancock
10   Lindgren
11   Vaculik
12   Pawlicki
13   Cook
14   Holder
15   Pedersen

Think I best swap Zagar and Pedersen

On 15 February 2018 at 11:30 PM, INCOGNITO said:

2018 CONTENDERS

Yet again a very strong list but over a full season and hoping all stay fit, I can only see five riders capable of winning the title with JASON DOYLE favourite due to consistent high scores and feel his strongest opponent will be TAI WOFFINDEN who has the right set up and team to win his third title and has the right attitude to do it again.

Then you have PATRYK DUDEK who had a great 2017 but the pressure did get to him in the run in while BARTOSZ ZMARZLIK came from a poor start to show his true form and like EMIL SAYFUTDINOV he can be unbeatable on his day. These are the five to lead the way.

So now we have who will finish top eight and this gets difficult as all are capable but if he is fully fit FREDRIK LINDGREN will be up there and MATEJ ZAGAR could be the main contenders along with MARTIN VACULIK.

GREG HANCOCK you should never write off but have a feeling this will be a year too far and just miss out while MACIEJ JANOWSKI like Greg could be up the top end but he just didn't seem with it at times last season and consistency could be the problem, however both are capable of finishing ahead of the three above.

ARTEM LAGUTA has always been a rider I have felt should have been here years ago at this level and think he will have some rounds where he does well, but think he will be the best of the rest while CHRIS HOLDER and NICKI PEDERSEN are the two riders I'm going to write off this year and will struggle in most rounds as will SHAMEK PAWLICKI while CRAIG COOK is the new Chris Harris and apart from the odd ride will be shown up for his lack of knowledge on how different riding abroad is compared to Britain. 

UPDATED - Moving Lindgren up to main contender for title and if he carries on Nicki should be around top eight but don't think he will be as consistent as years ago. 

Have doubts over Holder staying in the series or being competitive and along with Pawlicki and Cook will be bottom three. 

Freddie Lindgren

Jason Doyle

Bartosz Zmarzlik 

Emil Sayfutdinov 

Tai Woffinden

Patryk Dudek

Maciej Janowski

Matej Zagar

Arden Laguta

Greg Hancock

Nicki Pedersen

Martin Vaculik