British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Did The Scb Hearing Scheduled For Tuesday 7/11 Take Place?

But how hard is it to issue a press release along the lines of;

Submissions from all parties involved have been heard and the adjudicating panel has retired to examine the statements. A statement/verdict will be released within xx days.

• Like 3

Perhaps no news is good news.

I always remember an old adage told to me when I first started work about lending propositions - The customer can have an answer when the decision is ready and it may well be Yes but if they insist on an answer immediately and the decision isnt ready then the answer is No.

Of course. Up to now it really is an internal matter. Discussions are/have been taking place, and when there is resolutions or punishments agreed, it can then be announced and people can then speculate with facts, not their own speculations. Untrue or unlikely speculation can only do speedway and businesses harm.

Of course. Up to now it really is an internal matter. Discussions are/have been taking place, and when there is resolutions or punishments agreed, it can then be announced and people can then speculate with facts, not their own speculations. Untrue or unlikely speculation can only do speedway and businesses harm.

It stopped being an internal matter on Aug 6 and has been somewhat of a public slanging match ever since. Lack of transparency and communications lead to the speculation that does damage, or unnecessarily adds to it. They could have put something out like that with an end date. (I see that matey above already said the same!)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

"The Peterborough Telegraph understands that Tuesday (November 7) is the date the matter will be dealt with." ;)

Read more at: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers/rathbone-remarks-prompt-judicial-inquiry-1-8226616

That was quoted in Thursday November the 2nd edition or may be the week before.

Seems a bit of a fudge. Has Rathbone been let off or earlier fines and sanctions still stand.

What are we looking for? That brings up "LIONS SET FOR RACENIGHT CHANGE" - as much as I'd like that to be relevant to Peterborough, it's unlikely to be of any relevance.

Seems a bit of a fudge. Has Rathbone been let off or earlier fines and sanctions still stand.

The Rhodesia solution :D

What are we looking for? That brings up "LIONS SET FOR RACENIGHT CHANGE" - as much as I'd like that to be relevant to Peterborough, it's unlikely to be of any relevance.

You didn't make it before the cover up started. This is what was pointed to originally;

THE Speedway Control Bureau have issued the following statement:

A Judicial Inquiry was held in Rugby on Tuesday 7th November 2017 to establish and consider the matter of Mr Ged Rathbone and Mr Rob Godfrey both of the BSPA, in the release of Jack Holder to compete in a Polish League event against the rules of both the Speedway Control Bureau and the International Speedway League Bureau.

1) The panel on behalf of the SCB investigated the public statement by Mr Rathbone that Mr Godfrey had advised him to accept a payment for releasing Jack Holder to ride in Poland, when Mr Holder was contracted to ride for Peterborough.

The findings of this investigation was no corroborating evidence or witness statements to confirm that this was factual.

2) The panel were also requested to investigate if Mr Godfrey advised Mr Rathbone if he released Jack Holder, he should expect to incur a fine from the SCB at a level substantially less than the payment Mr Rathbone received from the Polish Club.

The findings of this investigation was that both parties admitted that a discussion regards the level of fine had taken place.

The panel was of the opinion that the BSPA has now taken to itself too much power, and considers that the SCB should be the only body to ensure the rules are upheld.

Decisions taken in this matter were not in the best interest of the sport.

The panel also recommended no further action taken against Mr Rathbone, but the advice given by Mr Godfrey was both ill chosen and in Breach of Speedway Regulation 3.2.7.

Mr Godfrey will now be requested to attend a SCB Court Hearing.

Edited by Alan Jones
  • Like 4

The statement relating to hearing on November 7th was on that link, I read it. Now it has been removed, how strange.

Edited....now copied to forum, thought I had dreamt it four a minute.

Edited by sneezy

Surely Godfrey will have to resign now as the BSPA Vice Chairman, his position is untenable.

• Like 2

They need someone like Ford.. He is upfront and transparent and would never doing anything to his advantage.

Can you imagine Chapman and Ford as chairman and vice chairman , it would be like putting the Kray twins in charge of a care home.