British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Did The Scb Hearing Scheduled For Tuesday 7/11 Take Place?

Surely Godfrey will have to resign now as the BSPA Vice Chairman, his position is untenable.

I understand his conscience is clear!!!

• Like 1

Seems a bit of a fudge. Has Rathbone been let off or earlier fines and sanctions still stand.

Have to say it's not totally clear, but I read it that the previous decision and sanctions stand (subject to appeal) but there is no further action/sanction related to his public announcement of Godfreys involvement.

I think in a way this revelation of the "discussion" has only further damaged Rathbone, not exonerated in any way. It is now clear he was happy to break rules based on the knowledge that he would have a net gain overall.

It is like saying - if you rob the bank steal £200, but get caught you will be fined £10 - it is now your choice whether you go ahead with this illegal act!

• Like 1

Have to say it's not totally clear, but I read it that the previous decision and sanctions stand (subject to appeal) but there is no further action/sanction related to his public announcement of Godfreys involvement.

I think in a way this revelation of the "discussion" has only further damaged Rathbone, not exonerated in any way. It is now clear he was happy to break rules based on the knowledge that he would have a net gain overall.

It is like saying - if you rob the bank steal £200, but get caught you will be fined £10 - it is now your choice whether you go ahead with this illegal act!

I understand what you mean , I rather read things the other way. One day we will find out.

That's the old statement about the original hearing, not the recent one.

It wasn`t when I posted it- that`s the BSPA and the SCB posting taken down now( maybe the Russians or the Americans didn`t like it ;) )

• Like 1

It wasn`t when I posted it- that`s the BSPA and the SCB posting taken down now( maybe the Russians or the Americans didn`t like it ;) )

And a complete waste of time, because it’s now been copied and pasted elsewhere.

And a complete waste of time, because it’s now been copied and pasted elsewhere.

Probably they did not know what it meant either. Could be the parties involved are now equally confused.

Is it not time to tell us what the hell is going on!!!

Edited by wealdstone

No further action against Ged means the fine/punishment still stands.

Ged won't pay, Panthers are doomed.

Just means a visit from Delroy Anglin and Elmore Victor!

• Like 3

The statement has been removed from the bspa website

What the hell does all this rubbish mean?

What a mess !!! Ambiguous statement released and then taken down ( although many have retained it) . Result still as clear as mud regarding the position of the clubs and individuals concerned. A misconception of the facts and over the top response some will say!!

What a mess !!! Ambiguous statement released and then taken down ( although many have retained it) . Result still as clear as mud regarding the position of the clubs and individuals concerned. A misconception of the facts and over the top response some will say!!

Very true. You got your statement and you're still moaning. They should have waited till there WAS a conclusion to announce.

• Like 1

Very true. You got your statement and you're still moaning. They should have waited till there WAS a conclusion to announce.

What we moan about is the statement was removed so still we are in the dark. Most I would have thought could see that.

What we moan about is the statement was removed so still we are in the dark. Most I would have thought could see that.

Not when you are in the dark. :P