British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Did The Scb Hearing Scheduled For Tuesday 7/11 Take Place?

heard nowt?

Then you have the legacy of Chapman announcing on his appointment how he will make the sport more transparent, it could only happen in speedway. The authorities are turning the sport into a bigger laughing stock year on year and they, wonder why attendances are dwindling.

• Like 4

Then you have the legacy of Chapman announcing on his appointment how he will make the sport more transparent, it could only happen in speedway. The authorities are turning the sport into a bigger laughing stock year on year and they, wonder why attendances are dwindling.

I feel that there probably was a conclusion on the 7th, and it could be a subject for the AGM.

I feel that there probably was a conclusion on the 7th, and it could be a subject for the AGM.

In which case the sport's governance is more dysfunctional than I thought.

A hearing should be part of a quasi-judicial process and not subject to debate by committee.

It would be like allowing MPs, who hadn't been in court to hear the evidence, decide the outcome of a trial at the Old Bailey.

• Like 2

You feel there was a conclusion or do you know there was a conclusion, which will go before a kangaroo court at the AGM

You feel there was a conclusion or do you know there was a conclusion, which will go before a kangaroo court at the AGM

I don't know there was a conclusion, but it is strange there hasn't been a leak or announcement from one of the 4 parties involved. I can only think something needs to be clarified, or it has ramifications to be discussed at the AGM.

Despite arnieg going overboard with his conclusion and insinuations, best to keep stum and wait for the truth rather than invent a troublesome false situation.

• Like 2

I don't know there was a conclusion, but it is strange there hasn't been a leak or announcement from one of the 4 parties involved. I can only think something needs to be clarified, or it has ramifications to be discussed at the AGM.

Despite arnieg going overboard with his conclusion and insinuations, best to keep stum and wait for the truth rather than invent a troublesome false situation.

Yes, this has always been the way things have been done in Speedway,

I can't see what troublesome false situation arnieg has invented. The only ramification which would be discussed at the AGM is if Godfrey has been found the guilty party, then his place as vice-chairman on the committee is no longer viable. Alternately, if Rathbone was deemed to be, the only difference to now is that his licence would probably be terminated permanently.

So why can't a statement be issued so that supporters of the two clubs would know their fate.

• Like 2

I can't see what troublesome false situation arnieg has invented. The only ramification which would be discussed at the AGM is if Godfrey has been found the guilty party, then his place as vice-chairman on the committee is no longer viable. Alternately, if Rathbone was deemed to be, the only difference to now is that his licence would probably be terminated permanently.

So why can't a statement be issued so that supporters of the two clubs would know their fate.

Presumably as either position you set out would be very serious and one potentially could involve legal challenge then rather than rush out an announcement its correct to get the process right and watertight.
  • Like 2

Presumably as either position you set out would be very serious and one potentially could involve legal challenge then rather than rush out an announcement its correct to get the process right and watertight.

Considering the original problem was clarified in early August and we are now in November , the authorities should be well aware that an outcome or verdict is now long overdo and they should also understand why fans are not happy with this unstable position it has left clubs in. With rumours already flying around of certain clubs already doing deals with riders for the forthcoming season which in turn gives those clubs an added advantage over the other clubs that are still in limbo and unable to make any advancement towards there prospects for team building until a decision is reached

Well the ball is firmly in the hands of the SCB/ACU, I dare say they will issue a statement in due course.

• Like 1

Well the ball is firmly in the hands of the SCB/ACU, I dare say they will issue a statement in due course.

Hopefully before the next solar eclipse!!

• Like 1

Absolutely agree and I think everyone hopes it wont be too far away.

Id be surprised if all parties dont already know the outcome but Id rather it take a little while for all to digest and accept than quick proclaimations be made only for further disputed positions to come out after.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree and I think everyone hopes it wont be too far away.

Id be surprised if all parties dont already know the outcome but Id rather it take a little while for all to digest and accept than quick proclaimations be made only for further disputed positions to come out after.

We are sure to know before the new season begins in March 2018.

We are sure to know before the new season begins in March 2018.

i certanly wouldnt put money on knowing anything pre season in speedway