Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Did The Scb Hearing Scheduled For Tuesday 7/11 Take Place?

Not when you are in the dark. :P

Please enlighten us

Please enlighten us

Why give me a 'like' then cancel it. Were you in the dark again.

Why give me a 'like' then cancel it. Were you in the dark again.

Yes a power cut I am afraid. Awaiting for an explanation but seemingly a full investigation needed before reasons can be given.

Yes a power cut I am afraid. Awaiting for an explanation but seemingly a full investigation needed before reasons can be given.

Yes, as I have been saying, best to wait eh.

ive just read the statement and even though im led to believe ged rathbone has done some things that i dont regard as fair and in the fair play of the sport

im happy that it looks like hes not going to be punished any more

and at least 1 other will be at least getting a slap on the wrist but i still cant see how holder has got away with it all he is just as guilty as ged if not more

• Like 3

ive just read the statement and even though im led to believe ged rathbone has done some things that i dont regard as fair and in the fair play of the sport

and at least 1 other will be at least getting a slap on the wrist but i still cant see how holder has got away with it all he is just as guilty as ged if not more

I for one did not and do not agree with what Rathbone has done, however I also believe his version of events

• Like 2

;

:

The panel was of the opinion that the BSPA has now taken to itself too much power, and considers that the SCB should be the only body to ensure the rules are upheld.

Decisions taken in this matter were not in the best interest of the sport.

BSPA should take note of this vital piece of information, when it comes to making any kind of rule changing or how they uphold these rules proves they are not fit for purpose.

Edited by New era Panthers

I for one did not and do not agree with what Rathbone has done, however I also believe his version of events

and he did 1 thing holder with held his services muliply times unpunished ????

Because other promoters and some clubs are expendable, good riders aren't. Being an asset of certain clubs would probably be advantageous too.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

but i still cant see how holder has got away with it all he is just as guilty as ged if not more

and he did 1 thing holder with held his services muliply times unpunished ????

not saying that I agree with what he did, but did Holder break any rules ?

not saying that I agree with what he did, but did Holder break any rules ?

In one sense no he didn't as he was given permission by Jed Rathbone to miss meetings to ride in Poland , but on the other hand he signed a contract to say he would ride for Panthers and Poole and as I don't believe he signed an agreement that waves that contract , then you have to assume he has broken the rules . He knew it was wrong and should be punished for it , give him a 3 months ban commencing at the start of the 2018 season regardless of what Peterborough or Poole think about it and let the Poles worry of how they will get around his visa problem . It will also send a message out to other riders to let them know British speedway won't tolerate those that think they can come to the U/K and just use us as a stepping stone over to Poland.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 3

In one sense no he didn't as he was given permission by Jed Rathbone to miss meetings to ride in Poland , but on the other hand he signed a contract to say he would ride for Panthers and Poole and as I don't believe he signed an agreement that waves that contract , then you have to assume he has broken the rules . He knew it was wrong and should be punished for it , give him a 3 months ban commencing at the start of the 2018 season regardless of what Peterborough or Poole think about it and let the Poles worry of how they will get around his visa problem . It will also send a message out to other riders to let them know British speedway won't tolerate those that think they can come to the U/K and just use us as a stepping stone over to Poland.

would it be right to punish some-one based on assumption ?

If there was never a 'golden carrot' being dangled, you could surmise that it would never have happened.

Hardly Holders fault, unless he instigated the whole lot.

would it be right to punish some-one based on assumption ?

If there was never a 'golden carrot' being dangled, you could surmise that it would never have happened.

Hardly Holders fault, unless he instigated the whole lot.

People are only assuming because I don't believe that anyone knows what the reasons were as mentioned on Aug 6:

"If the rider had gone to Poland and raced without the permission of his club he would have been banned for withholding his services for 28 days - this is not the case with Jack Holder as his club have given him their blessing and we have evidence of the true reason. They have sold British Speedway down the river.

Hancock's injury caused the problem but Holder knew his future diary just as anyone else does. He didn't need to instigate anything but did need to say that he's already committed on the dates required. I guess that he didn't when approached? Whether he did but something was still cobbled together by those involved, who knows? Guess we'll never know!

• Like 1