British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mudflaps

Did The Scb Hearing Scheduled For Tuesday 7/11 Take Place?

Something very strange going on here, I’ve just seen the SCB Statement, then the Article in today’s SS by Peter Oakes, they completed contradict each other,

I've seen that mentioned elsewhere. For those who don't get the SS, what is the gist?

S.S. is about as onformative and truthful as the beano . in fact it make the beano look like a lawyers court file .

I've seen that mentioned elsewhere. For those who don't get the SS, what is the gist?

Can't recall exactly but did say Godfrey also has had his license suspended which I don't think has been mentioned previously

Gedfreygate continues, with Ged and Rob up before the bench, but apparently no sanctions against Jack Holder, Poole or Torun. It can't be right that Torun can offer a bribe in this way, thereby bringing the sport in to disrepute. The FIM should get involved, as the SCB and ACU are powerless to do anything, and the Poles won't be interested in the slightest.

Gedfreygate continues, with Ged and Rob up before the bench, but apparently no sanctions against Jack Holder, Poole or Torun. It can't be right that Torun can offer a bribe in this way, thereby bringing the sport in to disrepute. The FIM should get involved, as the SCB and ACU are powerless to do anything, and the Poles won't be interested in the slightest.

Agree I was thinking along the same lines myself, surely there must be a question of ethics involved here. looks to me that Torun have bought there survival in the top Polish league by means of offering a bribe.

• Like 1

Not seen anything in the star about his suspension, i saw the bit abut getting this year wrong and a hearing in december

The line in the SS refers to the 'suspended' Peterborough boss Rathbone.... and the 'BSPA' vice-chairman Godfrey. Doesn't say Rob is suspended....at least not the way I've read it.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

The Speedway Star also revealed the amount of the bung as £28,000..... Stand up all those promoters that could be tempted... all those remained seated.. I suggest you're lying.

Given the state of British Speedway...That's a big sum of money, its wrong on all counts...but you can understand the temptation.

just like a bank robber , you can understand the temptation , you know its wrong. but they still do it .

its like that old heaven 17 song= temptation .

pity it all went Pete tong when you get caught out .

so who is next for the temptation of the large bung .

a lot of dirt under the carpet now !

Edited by jenga

Agree that Speedway Star article could be read both ways re Godfrey suspension and on reflection tend to think it refers only to Rathbone.

• Like 1

The line in the SS refers to the 'suspended' Peterborough boss Rathbone.... and the 'BSPA' vice-chairman Godfrey. Doesn't say Rob is suspended....at least not the way I've read it.

That's correct. Although considering "The findings of this investigation was that both parties admitted that a discussion regards the level of fine had taken place" you could ask why not?

Edited by Crump99

That's correct. Although considering "The findings of this investigation was that both parties admitted that a discussion regards the level of fine had taken place" you could ask why not?

Going back to other analogies used....

If someone asked a copper "how many years will I get for armed robbery" and got the answer "actually it will only be 6 months"

1)Should that conversation be any kind of defence?

2)The copper is guilty of nothing more than stupidity at worst and certainly hasnt commited any offence

Going back to other analogies used....

If someone asked a copper "how many years will I get for armed robbery" and got the answer "actually it will only be 6 months"

1)Should that conversation be any kind of defence?

2)The copper is guilty of nothing more than stupidity at worst and certainly hasnt commited any offence

If It was the deputy police commissioner though he'd have resigned following the latest verdict or at very least been suspended until the further court hearing.