British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dandelion

Pl/cl Averages

Does anyone know when the final averages will be posted on the Speedway GB website, thought they were doing the NL on Friday, the CL on Saturday and PL on Sunday, but that doesn't seem to have happened?

Does anyone know when the final averages will be posted on the Speedway GB website, thought they were doing the NL on Friday, the CL on Saturday and PL on Sunday, but that doesn't seem to have happened?

The final 2017 averages would usually be ratified at, and published following, the AGM.

• Like 1

The final 2017 averages would usually be ratified at, and published following, the AGM.

Ahhh, the secretive agm that no one, not even the organizers know anything about

Does ratified mean fixed? Depending on who is asking of course.

I thought it meant confirmed as accurate with any mistakes corrected.

Leaving them incorrect could be fixing but not ratifying.

I thought it meant confirmed as accurate with any mistakes corrected.

Leaving them incorrect could be fixing but not ratifying.

By going through the season with the averages changing every 2 weeks, you would think they SHOULD be right as why make mistakes in the last 2 weeks of a season!

• Like 1

By going through the season with the averages changing every 2 weeks, you would think they SHOULD be right as why make mistakes in the last 2 weeks of a season!

Absolutely - so it should just be a formality.

Absolutely - so it should just be a formality.

But as you know it is not.

Each club has a statistician who produces their clubs stats for programme items. Using the referees input sheets after each meeting there should be cast iron statistics at all times, especially at the end of the period when new updated averages are required. Sadly that is not always the case, and at the end of the season their is dialogue between the BSPA office and the clubs, and when the stats are finally agreed they are then declared the true record of that year and the last greensheets are agreed and issued at the AGM.

If everything was hunky dori there should not be a problem, but just look on here when fans are asking for clarification as to who was third in heat 12 of matches say during the year because their records do not match.

And there was me thinking it's just so Poole can get a rider on a bargain average that no one else can.

The truth in speedway can be very disappointing to some. :P

I've watched speedway for 41 years..so I'm pretty used to being disappointed.

I've watched it for only 6 (in uk) and I'm the same

Edited by Dandelion