Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Can Coventry give an undertaking that they will complete all their fixtures?

Not sure how it could be enforced but one has to hope the current NL set-up will be smart enough to question the Coventry promotion on finances, numbers and the big what if questions.

The NL has seen far too much of clubs dropping fixtures - or even out of the league halfway through.

You have to wonder what benefits the NL would see in accepting them, a dodgy owner with a poor history, a club competing at a track not in it's own district with (and the difference vs Cradley) the fans saying they're actively not going to back it, into a league where there was a shortage of riders last year, OK we've lost Lakeside but assuming Cradley run it feels like 10 is enough considering we will lose probably lose more top end riders (Bewley, Carr, Wajtknecht? Hurry? Morley? Payne?), and then don't have to cram in a load of lacklustre 3 pointers from the off who can just start filling in when flies inevitably start dropping come summer.

No doubt they will get approval but it doesn't feel like this particularly benefits anyone except Horton, Brandon Estates and maybe 10% of the Coventry fanbase.

• Like 4

Our application will go before the NDL AGM, which is likely to be in the next couple of weeks.

When are you and Horton going to realise that supporters no longer want you running our club.

All of this is for self interest and short term financial benefit and dressing it up in other other way is a joke!

• Like 4

When are you and Horton going to realise that supporters no longer want you running our club.

All of this is for self interest and short term financial benefit and dressing it up in other other way is a joke!

Did we ever want them running our club?

Nobody will support this. Neil do your mate a favour and tell him not to waste his time or Brandon Estates money, I've never seen anything so obviously doomed to fail.

If the league has any sense they will reject your application as you won't make it through the season.

Brandon Estates will then point to that failure as proof that Coventry Bees are financially unviable and use it to strengthen their argument to build on Brandon. I suspect this is the motivation behind the whole thing.

• Like 7

On 04/12/2017 at 12:30 AM, deanr1 said:

Brandon Estates will then point to that failure as proof that Coventry Bees are financially unviable and use it to strengthen their argument to build on Brandon. I suspect this is the motivation behind the whole thing.

This bit is spot on. BE (if they are funding it) know full well fans won't go and will use it as evidence that their isn't a local need for the stadium anymore. 

If Coventry fans believe this, then all the more reason to prevent it happening by supporting the venture, proving there is support to warrant a new stadium.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

If Coventry fans believe this, then all the more reason to prevent it happening by supporting the venture, proving there is support to warrant a new stadium.

But some believe that if we do then it will show that that there isn't a local need as we are happy to travel to Leicester. I think if you wanted to go you can still show your anger about it all with banners etc to clearly show those that need to know that we want a return back in the Coventry area and still support the team.

It's a decision each fan will have to make on there own and whichever way each fan decides they shouldn't receive criticism for it. We had a similar situation with CCFC going to Northampton and things for ugly at times between fans on social media and forums. It sucks being a Coventry sports fan.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

Today is the day we are likely to find out whether Bees will run at Leicester in 2018. Mick is away in Australia apparently so I guess Neil Watson will be in attendance?

4 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Today is the day we are likely to find out whether Bees will run at Leicester in 2018. Mick is away in Australia apparently so I guess Neil Watson will be in attendance?

I thought the Aussies had stopped us sending our "unwanted" over there?:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Well your in subject to confirmation 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well your in subject to confirmation 

I'm guessing that is because of the confirmation needed from Leicester.

10 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Yes I was

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

I'm guessing that is because of the confirmation needed from Leicester.

No, something much more arcane that I hope to be clarified very shortly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Yes I was

No, something much more arcane that I hope to be clarified very shortly.

Ok. Cheers for the reply.

Looking forward to some Sunday afternoon trips to watch the 'Bees' in action when Mildenhall don't have a home meeting.

Fingers crossed that all Coventry fans support this venture. 

• Like 1

I think the amount of comments regarding this about sums it up.

Mick Horton will not get a penny more out of my pocket, the man is a walking disaster and we will vote with our feet. I miss speedway, I miss Brandon but I have certain morals in life that when you are being taken for a complete idiot then I'm out.  Why Mick Horton and Neil Watson actually think this is going to work is a little strange if the answer is that simple then please shed some light? It is clear as day the fans don't want this ! How is it financially viable and what is the minimum attendance to make it break even?

It's on par with putting Donald Trump in charge of us, not a grip on reality and its not going to end well. Maybe its more on par with Blackadder and who has a cunning plan ?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1