British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

5 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Looking forward to some Sunday afternoon trips to watch the 'Bees' in action when Mildenhall don't have a home meeting.

Fingers crossed that all Coventry fans support this venture. 

Somehow I do not think Bees fans will support this. :blink:

1 hour ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I think the amount of comments regarding this about sums it up.

Mick Horton will not get a penny more out of my pocket, the man is a walking disaster and we will vote with our feet. I miss speedway, I miss Brandon but I have certain morals in life that when you are being taken for a complete idiot then I'm out.  Why Mick Horton and Neil Watson actually think this is going to work is a little strange if the answer is that simple then please shed some light? It is clear as day the fans don't want this ! How is it financially viable and what is the minimum attendance to make it break even?

It's on par with putting Donald Trump in charge of us, not a grip on reality and its not going to end well. Maybe its more on par with Blackadder and who has a cunning plan ?  

Please will Neil Watson shed some light on this - Bees supporters, speedway fans, deserve at least a little of the reasoning behind this, and it won't be enough to suggest it's to keep the Coventry Speedway name alive 

• Like 1

Does Peterborough's announcement (see below) now have an effect on this?

Watson is naturally delighted to be back aboard the Panthers team and is looking forward to the 2018 season;
"I am delighted to be joining the Peterborough management team in 2018 for my third shift as club Promoter. I have been a Panthers fan since 1970, and that long association with the club and the sport in general will I hope stand me in good stead for the role. I am grateful to Mick Horton for his trust in me over many years and leave Coventry Bees with sadness, but also excitement about the new challenge working with Ged, Lisa, Carl, the track staff and the fans old and new, without whom there wouldn’t be a club."  

Yes it does. Neil won't be involved with Coventry now so Mick Horton will be left with the sinking ship on his own......if he's daft enough to still go ahead.

• Like 1

It`ll last as long as it takes for Horton to achieve his goal.

11 hours ago, Jayne said:

Does Peterborough's announcement (see below) now have an effect on this?

Watson is naturally delighted to be back aboard the Panthers team and is looking forward to the 2018 season;
"I am delighted to be joining the Peterborough management team in 2018 for my third shift as club Promoter. I have been a Panthers fan since 1970, and that long association with the club and the sport in general will I hope stand me in good stead for the role. I am grateful to Mick Horton for his trust in me over many years and leave Coventry Bees with sadness, but also excitement about the new challenge working with Ged, Lisa, Carl, the track staff and the fans old and new, without whom there wouldn’t be a club."  

Only 2 days ago the league accepted the Bees’ application with the knowledge that he would be at the helm, only for him to almost immediately quit! Surely they should’ve been better informed, so if the promoters don’t know then you can understand why the fans are skeptical. 

Have you Bees supporters listened to The TALK SPEEDWAY PODCAST on Twitter where  Save Coventry Speedway campaigner Jeff Davies is interviewed for 42 minutes .. Without taking sides this is an absolute brilliant , enlightening & passionate interview .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I think the amount of comments regarding this about sums it up.

Mick Horton will not get a penny more out of my pocket, the man is a walking disaster and we will vote with our feet. I miss speedway, I miss Brandon but I have certain morals in life that when you are being taken for a complete idiot then I'm out.  Why Mick Horton and Neil Watson actually think this is going to work is a little strange if the answer is that simple then please shed some light? It is clear as day the fans don't want this ! How is it financially viable and what is the minimum attendance to make it break even?

It's on par with putting Donald Trump in charge of us, not a grip on reality and its not going to end well. Maybe its more on par with Blackadder and who has a cunning plan ?  

One of the biggest clubs in the country, not been on track in a competitive fixture for over a year, given a lifeline to return.  You would think this thread would have hundreds of posts by now.

The fact that it doesn't speaks volumes.

I for one am not interested in doing what Cradley have done. Track share after track share and the accompanying uncertainties over whether we run the following year. Season after season in the lowest league watching has-beens and never-wills with the odd genuine rising star thrown in for good measure (who, of course, will not stick around very long).

For me, this is not a Coventry team, and I have no interest at all in supporting it.

We have no affinity with this league, other than a poorly supported Storm team which was very much a supplement to the main Bees team.  To drop to NL racing at Brandon would have been a huge ask. To do so at another track...

No thanks.

I'd rather have no club at all than a pretend club.

I suspect I'm not alone.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 2

i wouldn't give mick Horton an old style pound coin let alone any money at the gate.

Its all about credibility, he had little and has none now. we are not stupid we know what he is up to.

We are saying it does not make sense to run this season, it will not work.

But we all know he wants to run for a few meetings and then say no demand and work off with a golden handshake.

Ill restrict my speedway to cardiff

12 hours ago, Argos said:

Each club must have 2 Promoters I think, is this correct Jane 

Shouldn't think it will be Neil as it says he has left Coventry Bees, also Peterborough ride a lot of meetings on Sundays which is the day chosen for NL matches at Leicester.

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Only 2 days ago the league accepted the Bees’ application with the knowledge that he would be at the helm, only for him to almost immediately quit! Surely they should’ve been better informed, so if the promoters don’t know then you can understand why the fans are skeptical. 

It did say accepted 'subject to confirmation' though so not exactly fully accepted. There's still time for it to be turned down.

13 hours ago, Argos said:

Each club must have 2 Promoters I think, is this correct Jane 

It certainly is.