British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Surely nobody would be stupid enough to work with him? One positive is that it is subject to confirmation so fingers crossed it is rejected.

Speaks volumes how much Horton cares about Coventry when he does not go to the AGM and is having a jolly with BE money.

I am surprised the NL AGM and BSPA still let this joker anywhere near the sport after his and Colin's history.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Argos said:

Can a Promoter be a Licensed Promoter at more than 1 Track  

CVS Wolves & Cradley and is Not Mr Bates Sheffield & Leicester ?.

11 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Only 2 days ago the league accepted the Bees’ application with the knowledge that he would be at the helm, only for him to almost immediately quit! Surely they should’ve been better informed, so if the promoters don’t know then you can understand why the fans are skeptical. 

I attended the NDL AGM to represent Mick who was out of the country, not as the ongoing Promoter/ helmsman.

9 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I attended the NDL AGM to represent Mick who was out of the country, not as the ongoing Promoter/ helmsman.

Seems the promoters weren’t aware though. 

18 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

CVS Wolves & Cradley and is Not Mr Bates Sheffield & Leicester ?.

Mr Bates is not a promoter at Leicester though. He is the owner. The 2 promoters are Dave Darcy and Neil Machin.

8 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Seems the promoters weren’t aware though. 

How do you know they weren't aware? Perhaps that's why it is subject to confirmation.

53 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Mr Bates is not a promoter at Leicester though. He is the owner. The 2 promoters are Dave Darcy and Neil Machin.

...and I believe CVS is a director of Cradley and not a promoter, or Chairman as they are called in the NDL. 

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

How do you know they weren't aware? Perhaps that's why it is subject to confirmation.

From this thread. Perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

From this thread. Perhaps. 

I meant perhaps the promoters were already aware Mr Watson was not attending as a co-promoter with Mick Horton.   He would therefore  need a 2nd one before he would be able to go ahead, hence Coventry's admission to the NL is subject to confirmation.

Edited by Gemini

24 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I meant perhaps the promoters were already aware Mr Watson was not attending as a co-promoter with Mick Horton.   He would therefore  need a 2nd one before he would be able to go ahead, hence Coventry's admission to the NL is subject to confirmaion.

The Promoter situation is as you surmise, however that is not the reason Coventry's application is not yet confirmed, there is an arcane admin matter that should be resolved very soon.

• Like 1

Thanks Neil. I'm off now to google what arcane means. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, Laurence Rogers departure from Plymouth answers this topic's two main questions....

1. What was the arcane matter stopping Coventry having a promoter at the AGM?

2. Who'd be stupid enough to work with Horton at the ill-advised Coventry at Leicester venture?

• Like 2