British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Coventry fans would go to Leicester to watch Premiership speedway, but not kids riding round. The names have to mean something to the fans after all these years. The fact that Horton is at the helm also is a big no no to the majority of fans in the know. Let's wait and see what the Save Coventry Committee come up with for next season. The challenge matches of this year were a good start and should continue this next season on a more regular basis, with as before, names that relate to the past Coventry teams being involved I still believe that Brandon will return in the future if everyone involved pulls together and the Council stick to their principals. Until then, Merry Christmas to all friends from Brandon.

2 minutes ago, Fundinfan said:

Coventry fans would go to Leicester to watch Premiership speedway, but not kids riding round. The names have to mean something to the fans after all these years. The fact that Horton is at the helm also is a big no no to the majority of fans in the know. Let's wait and see what the Save Coventry Committee come up with for next season. The challenge matches of this year were a good start and should continue this next season on a more regular basis, with as before, names that relate to the past Coventry teams being involved I still believe that Brandon will return in the future if everyone involved pulls together and the Council stick to their principals. Until then, Merry Christmas to all friends from Brandon.

Do they not have young riders in the SGBC? You would rather see the Bees cease to exist than support a team of "kids riding round"?

I am sure that those loyal supporters of the rest of the NL teams would have been overawed at having such all-important supporters such as yourselves deigning to visit them. 

It must be wonderful being such important speedway supporters. We bow in awe ;-)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Do they not have young riders in the SGBC? You would rather see the Bees cease to exist than support a team of "kids riding round"?

I am sure that those loyal supporters of the rest of the NL teams would have been overawed at having such all-important supporters such as yourselves deigning to visit them. 

It must be wonderful being such important speedway supporters. We bow in awe ;-)

And they want help and support off others the arrogance is quite unbelievable  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not really understanding that. What help and support do we want?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I think they are referring to petitions etc. The Save Coventry Speedway group often ask for support from elsehwere and will in future. Shame we seem to be alienating some sections of speedway with the fans stance 

Edited by Woz01

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Sums it up really since you folded around 10 months ago you have asked many people for help i have personally signed a petition but many other people have helped out in many many others ways 

3 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

I think they are referring to petitions etc. The Save Coventry Speedway group often ask for support from elsehwere and will in future. Shame we seem to be alienating some sections of speedway with the fans stance.

You aren't alienating me. I'm not a Coventry fan and never will be, but what this group is doing really does deserve to succeed. 

If you can get rid of the incumbent 'promoter' and also get a new stadium, or even resurrect Brandon, it will all have been worth it. Keep up the good work. You will get there in the end. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fundinfan said:

Will clubs be as willing to host challenge matches next season. I have doubts especially as they seem to be running at a lower cost.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

We would support the bees in the NL if it was at Brandon the fans would support bee's in any league as long as we were at Brandon or very near .I would thank fans from other teams for what they have done I think the poster got his wording wrong 

• Like 1

Wording wrong and mixing up the promoter with the 'Save Coventry Speedway' Group which he has nothing to do with. Riding at Leicester is not saving Coventry Bees.

• Like 1

What Coventry Speedway needs is a strong and stable promotion. Premiership speedway means Premiership speedway. It is the 'will of the supporters'!! ;)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

Wording wrong and mixing up the promoter with the 'Save Coventry Speedway' Group which he has nothing to do with. Riding at Leicester is not saving Coventry Bees.

Frustratingly it could be if the right people were involved.

Am I cynical for thinking that the promoter is only doing the cheapest speedway option available so he can get his promoters licence back, his assets unfrozen and then sell everything off and cash his chips in? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Am I cynical for thinking that the promoter is only doing the cheapest speedway option available so he can get his promoters licence back, his assets unfrozen and then sell everything off and cash his chips in? 

Probably not:)

Edited by Dave Jones

What a mess.

A stadium that could host speedway and stox just rusting away.

A heritage compatible with any club in the World.

A fan base comparable (in numbers) with many currently successful clubs.

A fan base with few equals in terms of loyalty.

A club in the hands of Mick Horton, Avtar Sandhu (?) and Brandon Estates.

A club destined to run in the 3rd division in a different city.

But.....

We have a bunch of people with heart, faith and dedication who might yet wrench this club from the jaws of oblivion and give us back something we recognise as a force to be reckoned with in British Speedway.

Say a prayer, write to Rugby Borough Council, let the committee know you haven't given up, despite all the crap (sorry). Do everything you can to keep the dream alive. You never know.

• Like 2