British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

The National Development League?

That's like a mix of the national league and the midland development league lol... Which one is it?

20 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

That's like a mix of the national league and the midland development league lol... Which one is it?

National Development League has been the official league title for as long as I can remember, but ‘National League’ or NL is often used in the vernacular.

29 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

29 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I nearly fell over in laughter at the last paragraph in the SCB statement..

Mick Horton has no plans to return the bees  to Brandon anytime, even if it were possible.

• Like 1

So do we know who is 'The Promotion' and any riders in the pipeline? 

Cue a fire sale of all of the bees assets now ?

Before the plug is pulled at Leicester ,surely not.

in no way is this against the Coventry bees fans or the club in general but this decision really does say why speedway is where it is , it never learns lessons ,how many more people need to be owed money ? speedway needs to get its act together , anybody who owes money doesn't get a licence no mater if it rider or promoter , until that is enforced the sport is doomed

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

in no way is this against the Coventry bees fans or the club in general but this decision really does say why speedway is where it is , it never learns lessons ,how many more people need to be owed money ? speedway needs to get its act together , anybody who owes money doesn't get a licence no mater if it rider or promoter , until that is enforced the sport is doomed

What money is owed?

• Like 1

I'm beginning to wonder if this decision was made based on the turnout for the Leicester v Bees challenge match in September last year.

I will remain pessimistic I'm afraid, cannot see it lasting at all. Especially with the rumoured news of the arson attacks on Brandon stadium

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

National Development League has been the official league title for as long as I can remember, but ‘National League’ or NL is often used in the vernacular.

I never knew that, thanks for that information :) I thought it was just people who don't know what they're talking about messing up again, but it turns out that I'm that person (as usual)

Pleased that Coventry have a life line.

not sure how many  Coventry fans will be willing to go to Leicester  through the season.

Hopefully enough to make it viable and help keep alive a possible future for Coventry Speedway

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Woz01 said:

So do we know who is 'The Promotion' and any riders in the pipeline? 

The full 1-7 is in place, and will be announced shortly I believe. Mick Horton and my successor will be ‘The Promotion’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why on this forum do I keep reading that Mick Horton owes money ?  Can somebody specifically and with accuracy say who is

owed what ?   I do not believe that he would have obtained a licence to run Speedway at Leicester ( or anywhere else) if

money was still owed to anyone. Admittedly he has not been the most successful Speedway promoter in the past at Peterborough

and elsewhere, but that does not mean that he has defaulted in payments.  Although I am not a bees fan, I think he is to be

congratulated on trying to keep the Bees alive in this way, almost certain to lose money ( though I hope not).  Why he gets such

abuse on this forum I do not know.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The full 1-7 is in place, and will be announced shortly I believe. Mick Horton and my successor will be ‘The Promotion’.

I kind of wondered who was joining Mick. 

Edited by Woz01

12 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

So who is owed money then? Extremely defamatory accusing a promoter of owing money. Maybe he is also owed money, that is how business works in my experience but I have never been struck off as a director!! 

• Like 1