British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

10 hours ago, knightr said:

Great news, more opportunities for young Brits to get a team place. 

Completely agree.  Although a resident of Norfolk, I will support the venture as often as I'm able. 

• Like 1

I have made a mental note to visit Leicester to watch the Bees in action from time to time in the coming season.  I already

support the National League as much as I can because I believe in it and get a kick out of watching the improvement that

some of the riders make. Eastbourne and Kent are my nearest tracks, but Leicester isn't an all day trip, and Sundays would

make the drive up acceptable traffic-wise.

13 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I have made a mental note to visit Leicester to watch the Bees in action from time to time in the coming season.  I already

support the National League as much as I can because I believe in it and get a kick out of watching the improvement that

some of the riders make. Eastbourne and Kent are my nearest tracks, but Leicester isn't an all day trip, and Sundays would

make the drive up acceptable traffic-wise.

Not seen any NL racing at Leicester since the National Trophy days but with positive comments from the NLRC i suspect there is certainly some good value entertainment to be had viewing the revised Coventry team. 

With Peterborough & Mildenhall potentially running on the same Sundays it might have an impact on a few undecided travelers but if Stoke were running on the Saturday night before a Leicester/Coventry match it could certainly be a tempting weekend.

Guest GiveusaB

Leicester is one of the best tracks for spectating....but the track itself, let's the entertainment value down imo.....unless it's improved since last April?

42 minutes ago, adonis said:

any reason ,based on actual fact , for this assumption ?  you don't have to be a promoter to sell the assets of a club that you own , there have been more than a few clubs who have closed over the years and their former promoters have sold  the clubs assets  .

It was on a podcast a while back that whilst his promoters license was frozen all of any income from loan fees were held by the BSPA.

then released if the bees return to the track.

you could be right that he could sell at anytime but I was assuming that if loan fees were held so would transfer income.

15 hours ago, naffer said:

Cue a fire sale of all of the bees assets now ?

Before the plug is pulled at Leicester ,surely not.

Maybe but the bspa would've got the assets anyway!

Riders do sometimes whinge about being owed money and I know it happens but even the rabble in BSPA HQ wouldn't let a promoter open at a new track without paying their debts off surely - maybe the debts are disputed.

I think this is great news, another team to join speedway at any level is good.  Although Cradley are not fully participating this year they have shown that operating at other tracks can work.  Many people always seem to be so pessimistic/negative, but I think that's a British trait. 

• Like 1

"Notable" riders without a released team place include Dwyer, Halder, Greenwood, Halsey, Armstrong, Hunter, Bowtell, Knight, Wilson & Harris although not sure any combination would keep pace with the teams already announced.

36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

"Notable" riders without a released team place include Dwyer, Halder, Greenwood, Halsey, Armstrong, Hunter, Bowtell, Knight, Wilson & Harris although not sure any combination would keep pace with the teams already announced.

The return of Chris Harris would be interesting indeed, and may actually be the only thing that would tempt a Coventry fan over to Leicester. Maybe the BSPA would consider engineering an assessed 6.00 average for Bomber, like they did for Richard Hall...all in the best interests of British Speedway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Any guesses on the 1-7?

Jack P-Blackburn isn't signed up in the NL yet is he?

39 minutes ago, adonis said:

who was the lad rogers talked out of retirement  in year 1 of storm and then dropped him after 1 meeting ? 

Trevor Heath? In fairness his replacement only lasted a little bit longer and was then replaced with a Mr James Shanes.......

22 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Jack P-Blackburn isn't signed up in the NL yet is he?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see JPB lead the team and the likes of Greenwood, Halder, Dwyer, Phillips and a 3.00 newbie be the majority of the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adonis said:

phillips  , do you mean danny phillips , the one who had a massive crash ? 

Yeah he’s fit for the new season. 

• Like 1