British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see JPB lead the team and the likes of Greenwood, Halder, Dwyer, Phillips and a 3.00 newbie be the majority of the rest of the team. 

Can see some of those as they already have Coventry connections. 

1.JPB 2.Dwyer 3.Armstrong 4.Ruddick 5.Greenwood 6.Halder 7.3 pointer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TesarRacing said:

Has Martin Knuckey fully retired now? I think he still helps out Bomber a bit.

I'm sure he did.

• Like 1

Cutting a long story short then, the "subject to confirmation" that was referred to at the AGM still hasn't been confirmed. Nor is there any idea of when the confirmation will be forthcoming, nor does anyone have any idea as to what is holding the matter up.

Coventry's acceptance in the National League is now confirmed.

From the posts that have appeared on this site, it seems clear that a high percentage of Coventry supporters are distinctly unhappy about the present situation. They do not trust the motives of the promoter and many believe that patronising the Bees at Leicester is tantamount to supporting Brandon Estates' attempts to get a planning consent to build on Brandon.

This is wholly understandable, but we need to appreciate that if the report that Mr Horton will pick up £50,000 in sponsorship from Brandon Estates by running at Leicester, then we can't blame him for not wanting accept this. Which of us would refuse it? Brandon Estates can, and probably will, sit tight for perhaps 20 years, in respect of the Brandon site, and will lose nothing as it will only appreciate in value. Eventually, even if it takes 20 years or more, they will eventually get the planning consent that they are after.

My take on the position is that Coventry fans should support their team at Leicester. If they do, then at least this will show a potential buyer that there is a future for Coventry Speedway - if they don't, Mr Horton will cash in on his rider assets (and he has plenty of these) and then walk away.

If I were a Coventry fan this would stick in the craw, but I would do it as the only real option. Withholding support never achieves anything - it just hastens the end.

Edited by brianbuck

51 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Cutting a long story short then, the "subject to confirmation" that was referred to at the AGM still hasn't been confirmed. Nor is there any idea of when the confirmation will be forthcoming, nor does anyone have any idea as to what is holding the matter up.

The confirmation has been given and Coventry’s place in the NDL confirmed by the confirmatory press release. What further confirmation were you expecting?

It's about morals for me, it doesn't sit right with many people and it's a personal choice to make. Would I put another penny into the mans pocket ? no.  The same problem with Coventry City and SISU and people don't go because of the owners.  What is the charge for a NL meeting?? £10-12  maybe or go to watch speedway at the same track and not have to look at somebody who is destroying the club bit by bit. Leicester have a good team and it's not like last year when they were fighting the wooden spoon I think the majority will go and see a very "Bees" looking line up with Hans, Danny and Sarj.

If the sponsorship is still on the table who knows but running at the level he is planning then the Coventry Storm team that will be lining up is not the same as Coventry Bees is not really worth the "sponsorship" in a brown envelope  that he may or may not be getting.

Time will tell on this and like somebody said on twitter its a personal choice to make and it doesn't make us better or worse for what we decide. I just know I don't want to see the man again, he was partly responsible for the mess we are in. He played games with Sandhu and he has done nothing to help just cause unnecessary problems. Nobody really wants him in charge, he isn't stupid and you only have to read here or facebook  for the responses people give. If its not for greed then please if anybody has a valid reason for him doing so then please feel free to say so.  

So as they say on Dragons Den.. ....That's me out!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

It's about morals for me, it doesn't sit right with many people and it's a personal choice to make. Would I put another penny into the mans pocket ? no.  The same problem with Coventry City and SISU and people don't go because of the owners.  What is the charge for a NL meeting?? £10-12  maybe or go to watch speedway at the same track and not have to look at somebody who is destroying the club bit by bit. Leicester have a good team and it's not like last year when they were fighting the wooden spoon I think the majority will go and see a very "Bees" looking line up with Hans, Danny and Sarj.

If the sponsorship is still on the table who knows but running at the level he is planning then the Coventry Storm team that will be lining up is not the same as Coventry Bees is not really worth the "sponsorship" in a brown envelope  that he may or may not be getting.

Time will tell on this and like somebody said on twitter its a personal choice to make and it doesn't make us better or worse for what we decide. I just know I don't want to see the man again, he was partly responsible for the mess we are in. He played games with Sandhu and he has done nothing to help just cause unnecessary problems. Nobody really wants him in charge, he isn't stupid and you only have to read here or facebook  for the responses people give. If its not for greed then please if anybody has a valid reason for him doing so then please feel free to say so.  

So as they say on Dragons Den.. ....That's me out!

How true that is. I think that deep down many fans realise that the Leicester thing doesn't help the bees cause in any way.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Mr Horton will cash in on his rider assets (and he has plenty of these)

I expect the "plenty" as you put it, don't ride here anymore and therefore are worthless, and those actually still riding here are next to worthless.

Still I am sure Horton will attempt to sell whatever he has left, even if its for a tenner.

As others have alluded, there is no way I will be giving him any of my money. This "sponsorship" money is just Brandon Estates way of using Horton as their "bitch" - and that's being polite - to the eventual demise of Coventry Speedway.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The confirmation has been given and Coventry’s place in the NDL confirmed by the confirmatory press release. What further confirmation were you expecting?

Whose press release?

Nothing on the BSPA web site confirming Coventry's acceptance into the league. And at the end of the day, it's their league.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/nlnews

From BSPA site

Following on from a meeting with the members of the Speedway Control Bureau and Mr Mick Horton, it is with great delight that Coventry Speedway have been given the go ahead to run the Coventry Bees in the National Development League at a temporary home at Leicester for the 2018 season.

The members of the SCB wish the Coventry Promotion all the best in their endeavor's to bring the Bees back to Brandon in the near future. 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33748

Edited by sussex bulldog
to add link