British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

33 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Maybe he had to sell sarj as part of financing the running of  nl team and allowing them to ride at Leicester also is Han Anderson not a Coventry asset 

Horton did say selling assets and loan fees will help pay for riding at Leicester.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woz01 said:

To be fair if it wasn't Horton it would've been the bspa and possibly on his behalf? Also do Bees have to sell assets as I gather NL clubs are not allowed assets?

You can keep the assets you already have, just can’t ‘sign’ new ones. 

• Like 1

I was told that National League clubs can now sign assets but that there are strict restrictions on the price to be paid if one of the assets is

sold to a senior team.  Can anyone confirm that ?

The club will need to sort out some form of social media as the save Cov speedway group took over Coventry Bees Twitter feed.

On 12/01/2018 at 8:50 AM, Richard Weston said:

Perhaps Coventry should have paid for adverts in the Press, on social media, on buses, billboards, TV, radio; well perhaps not.

Those who followed Coventry in the Elite League will have to get used to where you are in the pecking order when it comes to riding in the NL.

You are in the bottom division now and that's how you will be regarded by much of the media.

It makes it worse that you are riding in Leicester -- doubt the Leicester area media will be much bothered and you will have to fight for every scrap of publicity in Coventry.

You will be in the back of the book in the Speedway Star; your big news will be small news when set against the likes of Poole.

Good luck Coventry, you are going to need it.

What is your point exactly?

13 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

What is your point exactly?

It was a reply to a member who queried why the news had not been shouted from the rooftops.

The point is: Speedway struggles to get publicity. NL clubs are at the bottom of the pile. Coventry riding at Leicester makes it even harder.

4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Coventry riding at Leicester makes it even harder.

It makes it flippin' near impossible (I cleaned that up).

• Haha 1

With ex Storm riders Greenwood, Dwyer and Halder still not signed up I wouldn't be surprised if they are named and Jack Parkinson Blackburn rumoured to be number 1. 

is Halder wanting to ride full time as im sure he would have been signed up way before.

11 minutes ago, Greg said:

is Halder wanting to ride full time as im sure he would have been signed up way before.

I was told the 1-7 has been signed up for quite a while. Even Neil Watson posted that the 1-7 was complete when confirmation was announced. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

I was told the 1-7 has been signed up for quite a while. Even Neil Watson posted that the 1-7 was complete when confirmation was announced. 

Are well  that good news for cov fans then .

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

Jack P Blackburn  8.66,    J Armstrong 6.73,   D Greenwood 6.72,   L Ruddick 5.31,   C Dwyer 4.67,   J Halder 3.49,   L Geary 3.08   =  38.66

16 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Jack P Blackburn  8.66,    J Armstrong 6.73,   D Greenwood 6.72,   L Ruddick 5.31,   C Dwyer 4.67,   J Halder 3.49,   L Geary 3.08   =  38.66

Yep can see that being close to the named 1-7

Edited by Woz01