British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Jon Armstrong? Blimey how old is he now as he seems to have been riding forever? :D

23 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Jon Armstrong? Blimey how old is he now as he seems to have been riding forever? :D

Rode for us in 93! I was only 11!

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

STATEMENT: BRANDON STADIUM

MONDAY 15 JANUARY 2018
coventry_brandon_stadium.jpg

SEVERAL videos/pictures of Brandon have been posted on social media in the last few days which are upsetting people. We can understand therefore that feelings are running high.

However, it is irresponsible for people to suggest fans visit the stadium to ‘help themselves’ to mementos and we urge people NOT to try getting into the stadium.

The stadium is in a dangerous state and we should also consider the local residents, who deserve some respite from recent events. 

Recent entries into the stadium are now being reported to the police by local residents.

Additionally, it is not helpful that people are ‘writing off’ Brandon. Yes, it is in a shocking state as a result of Brandon Estates failing to secure the site. Despite this, it CAN be restored - and this is currently a far more realistic possibility than finding new land which is not in the green belt, and overcoming all manner of obstacles and objections to get planning permission.

Our campaign has tremendous momentum with the Borough Council, Brandon and Binley Woods Parish Councils, Speedway and stock car fans, the local Member of Parliament, numerous Councillors and most importantly, the vast majority of local residents all opposing the redevelopment of the stadium.

As a Campaign Group, we will stand firm and continue to do EVERYTHING we can, in a responsible manner, to stop the redevelopment.

A further comment from Save Coventry Group 

• Like 1

Why does the statement above suggest Green Belt land is not being looked at ?, 

“provision of appropriate facilities for outdoor sport” is not inappropriate development on Green belt land, so i would suggest Green Belt Land be included in any searches.

6 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Jack P Blackburn  8.66,    J Armstrong 6.73,   D Greenwood 6.72,   L Ruddick 5.31,   C Dwyer 4.67,   J Halder 3.49,   L Geary 3.08   =  38.66

That team is hardly going to get the fans flocking to Leicester, very poor team 

Well, Argus, the team adds up to 38.66...What kind of team did you expect with a 39 limit ?  As it happens, I believe that both

Jon Armstrong and Dan Greenwood are under-rated at their averages. Both are very capable of double figure scores on a regular basisi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Who is the oldest Jon Armstrong or Tony Atkins?

Tony Atkin by nearly a decade!

Armstrong is 43.   Atkin turns 52 at the start of the season.

7 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Well, Argus, the team adds up to 38.66...What kind of team did you expect with a 39 limit ?  As it happens, I believe that both

Jon Armstrong and Dan Greenwood are under-rated at their averages. Both are very capable of double figure scores on a regular basisi

I was shocked their average wasn't a bit higher to be honest. I'd also say JPB will increase his.

On 13/01/2018 at 7:56 AM, Woz01 said:

The club will need to sort out some form of social media as the save Cov speedway group took over Coventry Bees Twitter feed.

They listened to me. They used their usual Facebook page today and also set up a Twitter feed @CoventryBees

11 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

past it at 24  :unsure:

Yes you think in 2015 Coventry number 1 and guested at number 1 and rode in the league above, this year number 4 and 2 and didn’t really have much consistency away from home. I just can’t see any more progression in him 

1 hour ago, Heathen1984 said:

Danny phillips to be announced in the next few days.

Yep he said last night he has signing news in next day or two. If you look at the new Twitter page a few riders including Jack Parkinson-Blackburn have followed which could suggest who is in the side.