British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

It looks like it’s going to be a decent side considering riders were signing contracts when there was a question mark over the club even running. 

Admission prices are on the website. Adults £13 Children Free. A free racecard will be given aswell.

With Lawrence now the main man at Birmingham the big question now is who is going to be Hortons Co Promoter, as a Co Promoter is just as liable for the costs of running a club, and ever club must have a minimum of 2 Promoters, be very interesting to see who it is 

header_pr.jpg

blackburn_jack_parkinson.jpgFORMER British Youth Champion Jack Parkinson-Blackburn will take the No.1 position for Coventry’s 2018 National League campaign.
The Bees have been confirmed as members of the sport’s third tier with home matches to take place on Sundays at Leicester’s Beaumont Park Stadium as they are unable to race at their traditional Brandon venue.
Parkinson-Blackburn, 17, is regarded as one of the biggest rising stars of the sport and advanced rapidly from reserve newcomer to No.1 during two successful years with rivals Birmingham.
He won all six rounds of the 2015 British 500cc Youth series before entering full-time league racing, and this year he also has a team place in the SGB Championship with Glasgow.
At the other end of the experience range, the Bees will be captained by veteran racer Jon Armstrong, who remains a major force at NL level at the age of 43.
armstrong_jon.jpgArmstrong won a host of honours during recent spells with Mildenhall, and in fact had a spell with Coventry way back in 1993 when they were competing in the former British League Division One.
Promoter Mick Horton said: “Our team is built, and we’ll be announcing all of the riders over the next couple of weeks. I feel it will be very competitive and the riders are all very keen to make their mark.
“I’m delighted to be able to bring in Jack as No.1. He has a big reputation in the sport already, and deservedly so, and I’m confident he will be able to meet the expectations of his role in the team.
“To have Jon as captain is also great news for the team. I’ve been in close contact with him over the winter so far, discussing riders and planning ahead, and this is a move which will also give him a new lease of life in the sport.”

Horton has added his thanks to the speedway authorities who have sanctioned the club’s move to Leicester as a temporary home.
The Bees had to sit out the 2017 season after a complex stadium dispute at Brandon followed by ultimately unsuccessful efforts to remain in the SGB Premiership by racing at Leicester.
Horton said: “After all our troubles off the track, it is with huge satisfaction that both the BSPA and the SCB have given their full support to my quest of keeping the Coventry Bees racing.
“I would also like to thank both Damien and Marc Bates for their help in allowing us to race at Leicester this season.
“Until such time as a satisfactory resolution is found to re-home the Bees in the Rugby/Coventry area, it is so important that we all come together and support the Bees riders on track. 
“The riders representing our club this season are fully aware of the honour to put on a Bees race-jacket and I know they will not let us down. 
“Please come along on Sunday afternoons and enjoy the speedway. I am under no illusions that racing at Leicester will be easy; however, I know we must keep the famous Bees name alive and racing. With the fans’ support, we can achieve this.” 
Admission prices for the 2018 season have been set at £13 for adults with under-16s free of charge. A free racecard will be included with admission, with the fixture list to be confirmed in due course.
Bees compete in a ten-team National League alongside Belle Vue, Birmingham, Buxton, Eastbourne, Isle of Wight, Kent, Mildenhall, Plymouth and Stoke. Additionally they are part of a National Trophy group featuring Birmingham, Buxton, Cradley and Stoke, whilst the quarter-final draw of the KO Cup has seen them paired with the winners of the first-round tie between Eastbourne and the Isle of Wight.

footer_pr.jpg
  • Like 2

Finally two signings confirmed. Really looking forward to seeing what Jack Parkinson-Blackburn can do. Decent start to team building.

Guest GiveusaB
3 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Finally two signings confirmed. Really looking forward to seeing what Jack Parkinson-Blackburn can do. Decent start to team building.

Great signing ! I'm jealous ! : )

I will be attending a few Cov meetings just to keep an eye on his progress!?

At least you'll have a guaranteed 15 points when riding at B'ham ! : )

Good luck to Jack....B'ham's loss!

Guest GiveusaB
16 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Admission prices are on the website. Adults £13 Children Free. A free racecard will be given aswell.

Great gesture by the club...kids free ? 

Brilliant!

49 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Great gesture by the club...kids free ? 

Brilliant!

Kids were free in the last season at Brandon too. Helps me a lot as I have 3 of them who enjoy going!

• Like 2

On 15/01/2018 at 3:30 PM, WalterPlinge said:

Jack P Blackburn  8.66,    J Armstrong 6.73,   D Greenwood 6.72,   L Ruddick 5.31,   C Dwyer 4.67,   J Halder 3.49,   L Geary 3.08   =  38.66

Seems that guess was a way off.  I'm told Danny Phillips is 100% definitely in at Coventry and probably the next name to announce.  So that means if Greenwood is in there's no room for Dwyer or a Ruddick type rider, but if Greenwood is out, then Dwyer and a more solid Ruddick type will fit.

Jack P Blackburn  8.66,  J Armstrong 6.73,  D Greenwood 6.72,  D Phillips 6.25,  J Halder 3.49,  D Gilkes 3.00,  newcomer 3.00  =  37.85

or  Jack P Blackburn  8.66,  J Armstrong 6.73,  D Phillips 6.25,  L Ruddick 5.31,  C Dwyer 4.67,  J Halder 3.49,  D Gilkes  3.00  =  38.11

Got to be option 2?

36 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Seems that guess was a way off.  I'm told Danny Phillips is 100% definitely in at Coventry and probably the next name to announce.  So that means if Greenwood is in there's no room for Dwyer or a Ruddick type rider, but if Greenwood is out, then Dwyer and a more solid Ruddick type will fit.

Jack P Blackburn  8.66,  J Armstrong 6.73,  D Greenwood 6.72,  D Phillips 6.25,  J Halder 3.49,  D Gilkes 3.00,  newcomer 3.00  =  37.85

or  Jack P Blackburn  8.66,  J Armstrong 6.73,  D Phillips 6.25,  L Ruddick 5.31,  C Dwyer 4.67,  J Halder 3.49,  D Gilkes  3.00  =  38.11

Got to be option 2?

Option 2 looks better. I see Gilkes follows the new Twitter feed, I don't know much about him to be honest. 

Edit. Just looked at results from British youth championships. Seems a good prospect going on results.

Edited by Woz01

Saw quite a bit of Gilkes racing at BV in 2017, both in the Youth Championship & in MDL matches. Good style & clocked very respectable race times when compared with those in the preceding NL match. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses, think Bees fans would enjoy watching him.

48 minutes ago, mikec said:

Saw quite a bit of Gilkes racing at BV in 2017, both in the Youth Championship & in MDL matches. Good style & clocked very respectable race times when compared with those in the preceding NL match. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses, think Bees fans would enjoy watching him.

I see he passed and beat Bickley at BV in one heat which shows the talent. 

Bees still bees to appoint a manager and a co-promoter I'm sure they are sorted but i have no idea who it could be?

Edited by Woz01

38 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

I see he passed and beat Bickley at BV in one heat which shows the talent. 

Bees still bees to appoint a manager and a co-promoter I'm sure they are sorted but i have no idea who it could be?

The team manager is in place and will be announced on Saturday. It’s someone with a depth of speedway experience who will be a great asset to the Club.

The Co-Promoter will be introduced once the formalities of the appointment are completed with the BSPA.

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The team manager is in place and will be announced on Saturday. It’s someone with a depth of speedway experience who will be a great asset to the Club.

The Co-Promoter will be introduced once the formalities of the appointment are completed with the BSPA.

Cheers Neil.

Alfie Bowtell would be a good signing, he improved massively last season and still has no team places at all.

• Like 1