British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

My stance hasn't changed at all, the Chris Simpson thing should and could have been sorted years ago. People asked time and time again to help generate some atmosphere as the jingles and general presentation Chris did was more of the time than Pete York. ? is Mick doing it for the right reasons or because by doing this it gets maybe a few more through the gate. WIth the news coming out today about Jim Lynch it wouldn't surprise me to see him as co-promotor. The Leicester team looks really good and will effect people going to see Coventry who maybe we're sitting on the fence, it's going to cost my dad a £1 more to see Danny King & co! 

The amount of statements from and concerning the bees that have come out and I read that the past is in the past is ridiculous. we had it with him falling out with Sandhu, A few weeks ago the save Coventry bees committee and now Chris Simpson? The person who deserves the biggest apology is Colin Pratt and the way he left Coventry via a txt message. Ex employees and sponsors also show its not just people on the outside jumping on the bandwagon and to fall out with so many people and that's just the few we know about ! When does the penny drop? 

That said I really do hope those who do go have fun and wish the team all the best. 

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So we open up the season with a home and away challenge against Birmingham. Home 25th March and away on 28th.

I’ve had a lot of messages and calls since the news broke and just wanted to say thanks for the support.

This is just my way of giving a little back to something I’ve enjoyed since being a nipper.

Many of you will know I lost my mum a few years ago and this will be a chance to enjoy a bit more speedway with my Dad, my son and the rest of the family. 

I’ve left the past behind and it’s really just a thank you to all the fans who’ve supported me in the past. And although Leicester isn’t everyone’s ideal it keep the great name alive for now and then who knows what the future holds.

For starers I doubt many people saw me and Mick burying the hatchet. But this is bigger than a fall out between us, it’s about so many peoples memories and emotions over the last 90 years.

So I’ll look forward to the fans who support the coming venture, I’m delighted to be a part of it.

It’s good to BEE BACK

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
On 22/01/2018 at 5:27 PM, Gemini said:

Not been moaning personally but I AM beginning to change my mind about going, depending on a few things making it possible. I think some others will be carrying on with their stance though as long as Mr Horton is involved. :neutral:

Take my hat off to anyone who's prepared to put their hands in their pockets and give up their own lives, to put speedway on for the sheer love of speedway!

I dont think anyone that runs a speedway team makes any money these days!

It appears to be a thankless task to some!

On 22/01/2018 at 6:33 PM, Woz01 said:

I do get the impression that some fans are softening their stance. I did. The SCS statement might have made a difference to some.

I don't think it made a bit of difference 

I think it did.......to some fans anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

I think it did.......to some fans anyway.

Well despite the recent announcements, there doesn't seem to be much of an increase in enthusiasm if we use this forum as a guide.

The thing is, most people can see through the (alleged) bribe from Brandon Estates to shunt Coventry off to Leicester.   And most people see Horton conspiring with the enemy by taking the (alleged) bribe.

Once Coventry race at Leicester, Brandon Estates can say to the council   "Look they're happily re-homed at Leicester.   They don't need a stadium in Brandon anymore"

And who do we think invited gypsies to Coventry stadium?  Do we think the gypsies just happened across the stadium themselves?    They say there's only a padlock on the carpark gate that gypsies cut through easily, but isn't it a fact that when the stadium was in use there was never much more than a padlock on the car park gate?  But the gypsies never invaded the car park then.   It's as if someone invited them now.

And of course there's the mystery fires that will eventually burn the stadium to the ground.  Has Brandon had any major fires in the past 70 years?  But now it will mysteriously have several.

Accepting the Bees move to Leicester is giving in to Brandon Estates plans and bribes to show that no one needs Coventry stadium anymore.

• Like 3

SIGNINGS | Coventry have announced Danny Phillips and Luke Harris ahead of their 2018 National League season.

8 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

The thing is, most people can see through the (alleged) bribe from Brandon Estates to shunt Coventry off to Leicester.   And most people see Horton conspiring with the enemy by taking the (alleged) bribe.

Once Coventry race at Leicester, Brandon Estates can say to the council   "Look they're happily re-homed at Leicester.   They don't need a stadium in Brandon anymore"

And who do we think invited gypsies to Coventry stadium?  Do we think the gypsies just happened across the stadium themselves?    They say there's only a padlock on the carpark gate that gypsies cut through easily, but isn't it a fact that when the stadium was in use there was never much more than a padlock on the car park gate?  But the gypsies never invaded the car park then.   It's as if someone invited them now.

And of course there's the mystery fires that will eventually burn the stadium to the ground.  Has Brandon had any major fires in the past 70 years?  But now it will mysteriously have several.

Accepting the Bees move to Leicester is giving in to Brandon Estates plans and bribes to show that no one needs Coventry stadium anymore.

If they were going to give him money they might aswell buy the whole club and they then would be in complete control. It's not hard to look in the media that the site is now basically abandoned and owners don' give a monkeys about it so it becomes a much easier target for travellers. Also as the SCS group are content that BE are not involved and it wont hindsr anything they do so that's the way I will take it. Also I believe when Sandhu owned the site he had 24 hour security on site

Edited by Woz01

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

SIGNINGS | Coventry have announced Danny Phillips and Luke Harris ahead of their 2018 National League season.

As someone fairly new to NL speedway it seems a good start. 

26 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

So add Dwyer and what does that leave

With Dwyer 7.65 I think.