British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

SIGNINGS | Coventry have announced Danny Phillips and Luke Harris ahead of their 2018 National League season.

As stated above decent signings. Glad Luke has found a place on the back of a good season last year & if Phillips can rediscover some of his pre injury form it looks a very potent side.

Not sure i can see Dwyer getting a place? Suspect Hunter, Halder + 3 pointer to complete the team?

Dwyer, Halder & a 3 pointer is my guess. Looks a decent team that should be edging into the top half. 

On 24/01/2018 at 8:37 PM, Dave Jones said:

Well despite the recent announcements, there doesn't seem to be much of an increase in enthusiasm if we use this forum as a guide.

You may well be right but I wouldn't use this forum as a guide because there aren't that many Coventry fans on here anyway.  20?  30 if they all come out of the woodwork? :unsure:

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

You may well be right but I wouldn't use this forum as a guide because there aren't that many Coventry fans on here anyway.  20?  30 if they all come out of the woodwork? :unsure:

Always tough on a forum. The best most exciting team by quite some distance could be announced and there will be some who view it as boring easy home wins every week. From an outside point of view it looks like Coventry are putting a good side together in a league where entertainment is plentiful plus a Sunday afternoon may be a more tempting spectating time than Saturday nights / the new early week slot. Time will tell but personally i am glad to see Coventry back on track.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

That's fair enough.  I was just wondering what made you believe that there is a change in attitudes now as I haven't detected anything to suggest that is the case.

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

That's fair enough.  I was just wondering what made you believe that there is a change in attitudes now as I haven't detected anything to suggest that is the case.

Mayne Gemini for one? Perhaps speaking to people who have changed the way they feel/think about it? Not everyone likes to convey what they feel online especially as there seems to be a need for those not going to tell the world why their not going and why others shouldnt every day on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Glad Luke Harris has been snapped up, he's a rider I enjoy watching.  A fast starter and you could see his confidence grow through the season last year both at home and away.

Hope he has a good year

I agree with Walter and others slippery Mick is not getting my coin.

i can’t see this venture furthering the case for speedway at Brandon 

Good luck to the young lads who will get a ride now  though that is a positive.

• Like 1

So, you all boycott and help to kill it off. You'll then have plenty of time as the bulldozers and houses to move in to say "Well, we showed them". 

You have a golden opportunity to show that there is still a genuine interest in the Bees. It's sad that so many of you are throwing it away. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Mayne Gemini for one? Perhaps speaking to people who have changed the way they feel/think about it? Not everyone likes to convey what they feel online especially as there seems to be a need for those not going to tell the world why their not going and why others shouldnt every day on Facebook. 

Yes I have changed my mind as I originally wasn't going but living in Leicester and on the downward slope to oblivion it would be daft really not to attend all the matches I can while I am still able.  

I think we have got the message now and it is imprinted on my brain the names of those who won't be going as we get told at every opportunity on here and Facebook. :rolleyes:

......naffer............ can’t see this venture furthering the case for speedway at Brandon.

Do you really think there will ever be Speedway at Brandon again or if a new stadium will be built?  Afraid I don't so it makes no difference if there is a Coventry team riding at Leicester.

Edited by Gemini

Must agree with Rob McCaffery.  Those who are spouting the venom to persuade others not to attend the Coventry Bees project at

Leicester are doing the sport in general great harm.  Even IF it does not help the cause of a return to Brandon, it IS Speedway and

those of us with cinder in our blood should support it where=ever and whenever it is staged. I am a :Lakeside Hammers fan but I attend

as many meetings elsewhere as is possible. I know that is unusual, but at least ALL fans of any team should support their team to make

sure they are not lost as so many are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

So, you all boycott and help to kill it off. You'll then have plenty of time as the bulldozers and houses to move in to say "Well, we showed them". 

Quite the opposite.     Those hoisting the white flag and saying "Yes sir, we'll meekly shuffle off to Leicester and not cause any trouble for Brandon Estates" are the ones who are signing the death warrant for Brandon Stadium.   They'll have plenty of time as the bulldozers and houses move in to say "I wish we'd put up a fight and not allowed Coventry Speedway to die".

The only chance to save Coventry is to say "We won't be shunted off to Leicester.  Coventry speedway belongs in Coventry".    Make enough fuss so that the council daren't allow a change of use for the Coventry Stadium land, or at least force an agreement for a new stadium to be built before a change of use is granted.

Maybe those fighting for Brandon won't win in the end, but at least they will be able to say "I tried, and I wasn't a Leicester quitter"

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Quite the opposite.     Those hoisting the white flag and saying "Yes sir, we'll meekly shuffle off to Leicester and not cause any trouble for Brandon Estates" are the ones who are signing the death warrant for Brandon Stadium.   They'll have plenty of time as the bulldozers and houses move in to say "I wish we'd put up a fight and not allowed Coventry Speedway to die".

The only chance to save Coventry is to say "We won't be shunted off to Leicester.  Coventry speedway belongs in Coventry".    Make enough fuss so that the council daren't allow a change of use for the Coventry Stadium land, or at least force an agreement for a new stadium to be built before a change of use is granted.

Maybe those fighting for Brandon won't win in the end, but at least they will be able to say "I tried, and I wasn't a Leicester quitter"

Agree with this.  Bees fans could do well to follow Rye House for their speedway fix, that's a team more recognisable as Coventry than Mr Horton's Leicester lads

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pretty sure fans can do both support the team and fight for Brandon I think that would go down better with council planners 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

How dare you blame the fans! Ridiculous post! You can go to Leicester and still have those arguments, fans could use it as a place of peaceful protests.

I don't see how running elsewhere hinders the SCS campaign, they've even said that themselves. I'm of the opinion if we run and continue to do so it will put pressure on the council to help find other avenues like insist on a new site elsewhere. The longer we don't run the harder it will be to get support needed for a new site. 

Anyway whatever happens Brandon Estates will spin it to try and gain an advantage whether we run, we don't run or whether its successful or not. They'll have an answer for it. We just need to make better arguments instead of blaming the fans choices.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1