British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

How dare you blame the fans! Ridiculous post! You can go to Leicester and still have those arguments, fans could use it as a place of peaceful protests.

I don't see how running elsewhere hinders the SCS campaign, they've even said that themselves. I'm of the opinion if we run and continue to do so it will put pressure on the council to help find other avenues like insist on a new site elsewhere. The longer we don't run the harder it will be to get support needed for a new site. 

Anyway whatever happens Brandon Estates will spin it to try and gain an advantage whether we run, we don't run or whether its successful or not. They'll have an answer for it. We just need to make better arguments instead of blaming the fans choices.

A very fair analysis. What is also important to remember is that Mick has a 'place at the table' at the BSPA. Were he to cease running the Bees, any new applicant wishing to bring Speedway back to Coventry would be treated as a 'new entrant' requiring significant bonds etc, in the case of Premiership speedway that would be a very significant sum. Running at Leicester DOES enhance the chance of returning to race in Coventry, contrary to what some posters here may say.

Watching the Bees at Leicester is certainly not going to line Mick's pockets, but would be a positive contribution to the Bees' future.

If not watching them ultimately contributes to failure, that could make any attempt to return Speedway to Coventry more challenging for a new investor.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Woz01 said:

How dare you blame the fans! Ridiculous post! You can go to Leicester and still have those arguments, fans could use it as a place of peaceful protests.

I don't see how running elsewhere hinders the SCS campaign, they've even said that themselves. I'm of the opinion if we run and continue to do so it will put pressure on the council to help find other avenues like insist on a new site elsewhere. The longer we don't run the harder it will be to get support needed for a new site. 

Anyway whatever happens Brandon Estates will spin it to try and gain an advantage whether we run, we don't run or whether its successful or not. They'll have an answer for it. We just need to make better arguments instead of blaming the fans choices.

And I thought you said fans will make there own minds up but you seem to be banging the drum a lot for going to Leicester let fans do what they want .The go and the don't go are as bad as one another 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

A very fair analysis. What is also important to remember is that Mick has a 'place at the table' at the BSPA. Were he to cease running the Bees, any new applicant wishing to bring Speedway back to Coventry would be treated as a 'new entrant' requiring significant bonds etc, in the case of Premiership speedway that would be a very significant sum. Running at Leicester DOES enhance the chance of returning to race in Coventry, contrary to what some posters here may say.

Watching the Bees at Leicester is certainly not going to line Mick's pockets, but would be a positive contribution to the Bees' future.

If not watching them ultimately contributes to failure, that could make any attempt to return Speedway to Coventry more challenging for a new investor.

Tell me what future  Neil with out Brandon there isn't one but every one  will make up there own mind

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gemini said:

Do you really think there will ever be Speedway at Brandon again or if a new stadium will be built?  Afraid I don't so it makes no difference if there is a Coventry team riding at Leicester.

I am clinging on to the hope of a Brandon return.

i do not believe there will ever be another stadium.

• Like 2

I don't see how it can be possible though without the Stock Cars as well and as the owners won't allow Sandhu in the place a return looks pretty bleak. :neutral:

8 hours ago, Booey boy said:

And I thought you said fans will make there own minds up but you seem to be banging the drum a lot for going to Leicester let fans do what they want .The go and the don't go are as bad as one another 

My post wasnt to try and persuade fans to go. I've just stated why I've decided to go but yes fans need to make up their own minds and not pressured into a decision or then think they've done wrong by making that decision like Walter did further up the thread.

• Confused 1

The Save Coventry Speedway group will be at Rugby Town hall today at 9am.

Edited by Woz01

1 hour ago, adonis said:

someone is prepared to buy it are they ? 

Apparently so but BE are not willing to sell.

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Not prepared to sell or not prepared to sell for what is being  offered ?  they were prepared to sell for what they paid  last year , 2.7 million 

They want significantly more than that.

4 hours ago, Woz01 said:

They want significantly more than that.

BE may believe the market value is 4 or 8  times that figure (depends which rumour you listen to). And that may be a realistic valuation given planning permission for housing is granted. However, what price a large piece of land, with or without a stadium, without said planning permission? The current owners have to play a canny waiting game with regard to the co-operation of the local Borough Council. If they wait too long they may see their £2.7M "investment" reduce in value significantly. Might be time, quite soon, for them to cut and run.

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

BE may believe the market value is 4 or 8  times that figure (depends which rumour you listen to). And that may be a realistic valuation given planning permission for housing is granted. However, what price a large piece of land, with or without a stadium, without said planning permission? The current owners have to play a canny waiting game with regard to the co-operation of the local Borough Council. If they wait too long they may see their £2.7M "investment" reduce in value significantly. Might be time, quite soon, for them to cut and run.

I think it was Jeremy Heaver who said they were asking for £10m last year but if they find it difficult to get planning it should start reducing the value. We will soon find out how far and long Brandon Estates are willing to go to get housing on there.