British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Observer website seems to be down and not that the article has been pulled.

Any idea on press and practice date, sponsorship and co promoter? Looking forward to seeing the fixture list and seeing what away meetings I can do.

Edited by Woz01

5 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Ha Ha  . I don't think you need anything explaining, you are more than capable of working things out yourself.

Unfortunately you're wrong. I just wish I could work things out for myself but I am totally confused with all the conflicting comments and don't know which to believe. :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Unfortunately you're wrong. I just wish I could work things out for myself but I am totally confused with all the conflicting comments and don't know which to believe. :(

If your a Coventry bees  fan you will do what you think is best for you and your team and forget about all the politics if you want to follow bees whether it's in the NL it's your choice , if they never ran any team this year its another year in the wilderness and would probably make a lot of fans go and start looking  for something else to do or another team to follow and you can be sure the 7 riders know what it means to pull on a bees race jacket 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

Objections to the planning application submitted by Brandon Estates can now be E-Mailed or posted to Rugby Council and should be addressed to the Planning Officer Ms Erica Buchanan.

Her E-Mail address is: erica.buchanan@rugby.gov.uk and your E-Mail/letter MUST quote the application number which is R18/0186 and MUST also include your own name and full address.

Anyone who is uncertain of what they should write need only say that they are strongly opposed to these plans and urge the planning officer to recommend refusal. This will be sufficient to have it recorded as an objection (although of course there is no reason why you should not give all the reasons you can think of to make your point if you so wish.) 

When the Planning Committee meet to consider the application, the Planning Officer will state the total number of supporting E-Mails/letters and the total number of objections and will give a selection of the reasons for both, which have been stated in them. It is important therefore, that we try to overwhelm them with the volume of our objections. We did this in our fight to get speedway back to Birmingham and it was very effective. It will help too, if we can find out the names and E-Mail addresses of the members of the planning committee, and bombard them with E-Mails as well - remembering of course to keep them courteous and polite since the chances are that many of them will know little or nothing about speedway, and might well have been got at by the opposition.

I wish the campaign every possible success in their efforts to save the stadium. It will be a major achievement to turn over big business - but it's certainly not impossible if we all play our part.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Argos said:

You would think Jim Lynch is naild on to be the Co Promotor now 

I did think that when it was announced he was sacked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianbuck said:

Objections to the planning application submitted by Brandon Estates can now be E-Mailed or posted to Rugby Council and should be addressed to the Planning Officer Ms Erica Buchanan.

Her E-Mail address is: erica.buchanan@rugby.gov.uk and your E-Mail/letter MUST quote the application number which is R18/0186 and MUST also include your own name and full address.

Anyone who is uncertain of what they should write need only say that they are strongly opposed to these plans and urge the planning officer to recommend refusal. This will be sufficient to have it recorded as an objection (although of course there is no reason why you should not give all the reasons you can think of to make your point if you so wish.) 

When the Planning Committee meet to consider the application, the Planning Officer will state the total number of supporting E-Mails/letters and the total number of objections and will give a selection of the reasons for both, which have been stated in them. It is important therefore, that we try to overwhelm them with the volume of our objections. We did this in our fight to get speedway back to Birmingham and it was very effective. It will help too, if we can find out the names and E-Mail addresses of the members of the planning committee, and bombard them with E-Mails as well - remembering of course to keep them courteous and polite since the chances are that many of them will know little or nothing about speedway, and might well have been got at by the opposition.

I wish the campaign every possible success in their efforts to save the stadium. It will be a major achievement to turn over big business - but it's certainly not impossible if we all play our part.

This is one post we can all agree with!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianbuck said:

Every speedway fan needs to get their objections emailed in.  

Even if it's just a one paragraph email saying that you strongly object to the plans and urge the planning officer to recommend refusal.

Don't forget to include your full name and address and application number R18/0186, otherwise they'll ignore it.

If you live in the Coventry area, your objections are doubly valuable.  So if you've got friends, neighbours, relations with a Coventry address, get an objection sent from them too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

If your a Coventry bees  fan you will do what you think is best for you and your team and forget about all the politics if you want to follow bees whether it's in the NL it's your choice , if they never ran any team this year its another year in the wilderness and would probably make a lot of fans go and start looking  for something else to do or another team to follow and you can be sure the 7 riders know what it means to pull on a bees race jacket 

Luckily I live in Leicester so still have a team to support, although it was the Bees from 1984 to 2016. I also supported the Cougars and The Storm so enjoy NL racing, but not made my mind up yet what I will be doing.

• Like 2

You have a clear choice this year:

1. Go to Leicester and support the Bees NL team.

2. Stay home.

Some of implications of each....

• You are supporting 7 riders trying to make their way in the sport.
  • Some of your entrance fee will go into Mr Horton's pocket. However, this is not really relevant to the future of Brandon Stadium. Regardless of the outcome of the Leicester venture, Mr Horton has no intention of bringing speedway back to Brandon.
  • The Leicester venture is a financial success. This at least means the Bees have one more year as a successful speedway club.
  • You are giving your support to the view expressed by BE in their planning application in section 6.36 stating that Leicester is a more suitable (permanent) home for Coventry Speedway. This and several other statements in the said document are intended to influence the planning authorities in their favour.

• 7 riders will suffer (assuming there aren't enough funds to pay them regardless of our attendance).
  • You can feel good about spiting Mr Horton. 
  • The Leicester venture flops, maybe even before the season is out and the Bees team disappears from the calendar altogether, at least for the next couple of years.
  • The fact of the failure can be seen as justification for the planning application since it proves that Coventry people are no longer interested in speedway. I suggest people make it clear to the planning authority why they are not going an extra 27 miles to watch NL racing.

We must all decide on the balance of probabilities which option helps BE the most in their desire to demolish Brandon Stadium.

For me, I believe I can make a case as to why I want Coventry Speedway in Coventry and why the Leicester venture can only represent a very temporary stopgap. I believe also why I can justify not going to Leicester without invoking any of the anti Horton clauses. Go down that route and the authorities will not listen. Don't get nasty (I know you want to, so do I) be polite and focus on the community/family/historical aspects of this heritage facility.

Fans that do go know that Leicester is a temporary solution. When making your points to Rugby Council express why youre willing to go to Leicester for now but that it is not a long term sustainable solution for club and as a fan. You could also point to the fact only a one year deal is in place and raise the latest comments from Coventry Bees owner Mick Horton that this is a temporary arrangement and that Coventry Speedway needs somewhere more local to have a future.

Brandon Estates put the paragraph about Coventry Bees and being at Leicester for two reasons

1, they are trying to hoodwink the planning officer that it's a viable long term solution to show Brandon or a new site isn't needed.

2, they do not want to provide funds for a new stadium should planning get approved with this conditions. That would delay their development and it will certainly hit their profit margins 

Also to add in the planning application they used the fact Coventry stox not running as part of their case. Whatever what was happening in terms of running or not, they'd use it to their advantage. They'e played people off each other constantly in this debacle including fans emotions.

I for one am not letting them or anyone else stop me doing what ive enjoyed doing for 30+ years just because of greed.

Edit: I've just emailed in my objection. Tough to write without getting a tad emotional. If you have memories of Brandon send them an email or letter. Every little helps.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 3

Now is the time to voice your objection to the planning application from Brandon Estates to redevelop the Brandon stadium site.

The SCS&S campaign group has posted advice on how to voice your objections to this outrageous planning application...Get your objections in!

To raise your objection you can email Erica Buchanan, who has been appointed as the Planning Officer at Rugby Borough Council to preside over this planning application.

You can contact her via her email:

Erica.Buchanan@rugby.gov.uk

Details of the planning application can be seen here;

http://www.planningportal.rugby.gov.uk/fulldetail.asp?AltRef=R18/0186&ApplicationNumber=&AddressPrefix=&Postcode=CV8+3GJ&CaseOfficer=&ParishName=&AreaTeam=&WardMember=&Consultant=&DateDecidedStart=&DateDecidedEnd=&Locality=&AgentName=&ApplicantName=&ShowDecided=&DecisionDescription=&DecisionLevel=&Sort1=DateReceived+DESC&Sort2=FullAddressPrefix&Submit=Search

Please use the reference: R18/0186, the main reasons behind your objection and please provide your name, address and postcode.

For more info please check the Save Coventry Speedway and Stock Car Campaign website over the coming days for further advice.

http://savecoventryspeedway.com/news.php?extend.126

The planning application can be viewed below.

The consultation period for any objections ends on March 1st 2018.

• Like 1

Well, I would, but it seems from this and other sites that Coventry fans ('fans'?) don't really want the club back, and are more interested in attacking Horton than in actually supporting the Bees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Well, I would, but it seems from this and other sites that Coventry fans ('fans'?) don't really want the club back, and are more interested in attacking Horton than in actually supporting the Bees.

Don't bother then, there are plenty of others that will. You won't be missed.

This is nothing to do with Mick Horton he's just" an aside", it's a fight to save the Stadium.

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1