British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

15 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

While I've got nothing against Mick Horton and appreciate that running a British speedway track in modern times isn't easy, Chris Harris' pretty damning assessment of him in this weeks speedway star says as much as you need to know about him!

Who? Chris Harris? :D Always comes across to me as a bit of a mardy sod and it was obvious he didn't get on with Mick Horton so he was bound to stick the boot in when he had the chance. 

Must agree with Gemini. If Harris has a personal grievance with Mick Horton, he should keep that private.  The Leicester venture,

risky as it obviously is, does not need comments from Harris to try to destroy it before it starts.  Whatever the case for the Bees,

the fact is that ANY Speedway needs to be supported, no matter in what name, or who the promoter is. There will be 7 young riders

at Leicester wearing a Bees bib and THEY deserve to have the lift that fans can give. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Must agree with Gemini. If Harris has a personal grievance with Mick Horton, he should keep that private.  The Leicester venture,

risky as it obviously is, does not need comments from Harris to try to destroy it before it starts.  Whatever the case for the Bees,

the fact is that ANY Speedway needs to be supported, no matter in what name, or who the promoter is. There will be 7 young riders

at Leicester wearing a Bees bib and THEY deserve to have the lift that fans can give. 

Jon Armstrong will be pleased at being termed young.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Glad someone said this. I admire Bomber hugely (my son is called Harris) but although many fans have similar feeling towards Horton we have to remember the club Coventry Bees is far bigger than any individual.

• Like 3

On 22/12/2017 at 12:34 PM, BANANAMAN said:

What I don't understand if Brandon Estates wish to build on Brandon why they are not working with the RELEVANT parties ie Save Coventry Speedway & Rugby Council to meet their ends . Allow Speedway & Stox to continue until a suitable site it found .When the NEW Stadium opens the Council hands over the land to them . Surely Goodwill would go along way ??

nice to read so many level headed comments on a very emotive subject . i will be going a couple of times , admittedly to support the away side , even though i have to be up for work at 12.30 a.m. on a monday and will take me almost 3 hrs to get home after the meeting so i hope that more fans support it than don't. 

10 hours ago, adonis said:

thing is by making that statement ,he is sticking the boot in to the very fans who have supported him for 10 years , I know there are some who think it's some clever principle to stay away , but those who have supported Harris in the past and wish to continue supporting whatever Coventry tram is on offer ,don't deserve this sort of comment ,your'e right Gemini , mardy sod don;t like it because his buddy Sandhu killed the last hope of running at Brandon 

Blimey! We agree on something. :D Very unprofessional of Chris who some have admired as a Coventry rider for years. He should have kept his mouth shut whatever feelings he had, but then he's not really one to do that as he made enough fuss about having to pay for his partner at the 2016 Dinner/Dance and refused to go whereas others like K.K. flew over from Poland. 

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

Blimey! We agree on something. :D Very unprofessional of Chris who some have admired as a Coventry rider for years. He should have kept his mouth shut whatever feelings he had, but then he's not really one to do that as he made enough fuss about having to pay for his partner at the 2016 Dinner/Dance and refused to go whereas others like K.K. flew over from Poland. 

Then of course it could be said that KK often "went missing " at meetings, something Bomber can't be accused of.

4 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Then of course it could be said that KK often "went missing " at meetings, something Bomber can't be accused of.

Oh don't go there Dave, you'll get Steve Brum on here now!!! 

• Haha 1

Comments regarding any individual are not relevant if they have no direct bearing on our desire to have a Coventry speedway team in Coventry.

They are relevant, however, if the said individual has provided (questionable)  financial information to Brandon Estates which they are using to "prove" speedway at Coventry Stadium is not viable.

Any friend of my enemy, is also my enemy.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, False dawn said:

They are relevant, however, if the said individual has provided (questionable)  financial information to Brandon Estates which they are using to "prove" speedway at Coventry Stadium is not viable.

Ah.....you see I don't know what's going on half of the time and struggle to understand who exactly is at fault but I think I get that one, although  it's maybe true without the Stock Cars? Perhaps by the time the season starts I will be able to work out whether to support the NL team or not because at the moment I'm 50/50. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
12 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

I cant believe Coventry fans are even thinking twice about watching there team. Seems crazy to me.

Ditto!

Unless it's not financially within their budget of course!?

Edited by GiveusaB

14 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

I cant believe Coventry fans are even thinking twice about watching there team. Seems crazy to me.

There seems to be 3 reasons, although I'm sure someone else can point out a few more. 

1] Dislike of the promoter and the feeling he is in some way helping BE achieve their plans of building houses on the Brandon site.

2] The distance to travel and the fact this isn't really a Coventry Bees team.

3] National League Racing, which the majority of fans didn't support at Brandon so are hardly likely to support the team at another track.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

To be honest I understand fans frustrations. It's 30 miles from Coventry, it's not the league fans are used to and fans don't trust anyone involved in the situation at Brandon. However for me the name Coventry Bees must try and live on, no matter what division no matter what situation. I feel it's very important further down the line that the name can run as long as possible. 

We have a huge opportunity here to have a constant place for peaceful protest about our situation, we should make the most of that as it would make the press and social media and continue to highlight the issue on a regular basis. 

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gemini said:

There seems to be 3 reasons, although I'm sure someone else can point out a few more. 

1] Dislike of the promoter and the feeling he is in some way helping BE achieve their plans of building houses on the Brandon site.

2] The distance to travel and the fact this isn't really a Coventry Bees team.

3] National League Racing, which the majority of fans didn't support at Brandon so are hardly likely to support the team at another track.

Number 3. We already had Coventry Bees to support  and if Coventry Bees for whatever reason had to run at Brandon as an NL club then I think that would've been supported easily enough. Differing race nights/days didn't help the Storm either.

Just been announced that 'home' meetings will now start at 3PM.

Edited by Woz01