British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Facebook live session?

Why cant people meet face to face ?

Because he knows he would get lynched! 

These are the questions I've submitted...

Having read the Turley report, it is clear that you fully co-operated with the people that want to demolish Brandon. WHY when the rest of us are trying to save it?

What is your long term plan for The Bees are there plans to build a new stadium and how will it be financed?

Have you been involved in an agreement with Brandon Estates to lie about the viability of Brandon Stadium and gained financial reward..?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jacques said:

These are the questions I've submitted...

Having read the Turley report, it is clear that you fully co-operated with the people that want to demolish Brandon. WHY when the rest of us are trying to save it?

What is your long term plan for The Bees are there plans to build a new stadium and how will it be financed?

Have you been involved in an agreement with Brandon Estates to lie about the viability of Brandon Stadium and gained financial reward..?

Don't get  holding  your breath on those three questions.:D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Don't get  holding  your breath on those three questions.:D

Oh, I'm not :angry:

Well said, Adonis.  Seems to me that in many people's eyes, Horton can do nothing that they approve of.  One question that should be

asked at this Facebook session is " How much money do you expect to lose in the Leicester Bees project ?"

11 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Facebook live session?

Why cant people meet face to face ?

Horton attended SCS meetings in the past and also spoke at the NSSC. It's a shame that others also involved in this sorry saga have totally hid from fans despite being invited to fans forums. Horton said during this evening he is more than willing to have a fans event along with SCS, Sandhu and BE. However i doubt you'll get the last two accepting.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Horton attended SCS meetings in the past and also spoke at the NSSC. It's a shame that others also involved in this sorry saga have totally hid from fans despite being invited to fans forums. Horton said during this evening he is more than willing to have a fans event along with SCS, Sandhu and BE. However i doubt you'll get the last two accepting.

Of  course said it, because he knows they won't do it! All big and clever being brave, when you know you won't be challenged!

25 minutes ago, oleoleole said:

Is there anyway you can see this if you are not on Facebook ?

He says it's public, but if you can't see it, he'll upload it to youtube later this evening :) 

Edited by Jacques

30 minutes ago, Jacques said:

He says it's public, but if you can't see it, he'll upload it to youtube later this evening :) 

That would be great. I just get a Facebook page saying , "You must log-in to continue". Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

Of  course said it, because he knows they won't do it! All big and clever being brave, when you know you won't be challenged!

He was challenged at the NSSC when he personally asked to talk. He's been to forums where the other have been invited but theyve not shown up, Mick has. Why not show up if they've got nothing to hide? Look I'm not defending Mick as I think he should've handled it all a lot better and couldve possibly done more  (the question about that at the top of the broadcast was from me). 

Others involved are seemingly getting away with it as they refuse to talk to fans, I find it bizarre. 

Who introduced Brandon Estates to Natwest?

Why wasn't it an open sale so speedway and/or stox people could bid?

What happened to the long lease announced in 2013? Was there even one?

Why do Brandon Estates and Sandhu not get on?

All of this has been in action before any of us knew it was even happening.

Edited by Woz01

I fully understand the emotive issues surrounding the Bees and the stadium issues however the new season is fast approaching and perhaps it is time to look to the coming season and start talking about the current Bees team who may be the Bees team which gives us a future.

The people who I trust here are the people trying to save the stadium and that is Jeff and David. Yes Mick did attend a NSSC meeting and fair play for doing so, however at the meeting a few days before the rug was pulled under us I am sure he said mistakes had been made and he understood our frustration etc. Some 12 months later and the same tune is being whistled, where had he been all winter and if financially he is backing this venture that is a very big risk to take as what research had been done regarding fans actually wanting a team and going to Leicester?  12 months ago we were not in a financial position to be able to complete the campaign in the view of the BSPA, what's changed in regard to this as if no fans turn up then there will be incomplete fixtures?  His remarks about keeping it professional regarding criticism from ex employees such as Bomber, Colin Pratt etc. I don't think they have said anything yet that has been ultra damaging and they are both highly regarded and respected in the speedway world.  Respect and loyalty is earned and I don't think that's really sunk in with the current promotion. 

It does seem you are in a Sandhu corner or a Horton corner.  Both parties failed us to a point, my only question regarding Sandhu is the banks didn't just say sell tomorrow ! he had time to maybe sell to somebody who would keep the stadium the way it was being run. However I trust him a whole lot more and on the whole 90% of us would think the same. As in the podcast Mick correctly states that he owns the Bees and would be selective to who he would sell too? That opens up more questions as to if Sandhu would even be an option if a new site was to be built on as they would have to work together, Sandhu has capital and the stox rights, once this is all sorted Mick will have no assets just the rights to run a speedway team.  

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1